SNOW

ToSlow

I'm in London Ontario! is it worth the drive to see how the new sled works?

I'm in London right know. Seen a few tracks around listowal and the next town south forget the name of it.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tnt that doo looks sweat.

And Blake has his first miles on already lol well done.

I really hope every post tnt8000 post don't turn an ad ,there are folks that pay to advertise on here

it wont, i just copied and pasted the text from my facebook post... 

Near Baysville today.

71 km. Sorry 02. LOL

attachicon.gif20151122_114958.jpg

No you're not but I'm glad you had a chance to get out. Today was packing to get ready to fly out to Montreal. Back Friday and then next weekend is the Baxter Snow Riders Christmas party in partnership with the Baxter ATV club. Canuck and I will be talking about an overnighter likely to Hiuntsville and a joint Baxter Snowcrest ride.

Really getting the itch to get out.

I'm half way between Lindsay and Bobcaygeon. There's just over an inch of accumulation here, which looks great, but it's really hard to get excited about snow in November.  We all know it won't last, and we really need 2 weeks of cold before we have good snow, so the swamps and lakes freeze well.  

I'm pretty happy to have over 5" on the ground! Very good around here for a first snowfall. Last years dusting didn't do it for me. Hopefully that's a good indication of another great winter!

Baylaker, did  you change cottage locations since last winter? I thought you were over by Kearney?

Frater and Eton today with our backup sleds.

post-22452-0-67702600-1448239283_thumb.jpg

post-22452-0-15797500-1448239291_thumb.jpg

That's some serious early-season snow !

Gotta find me some of that closer to Muskoka.

Baylaker, did you change cottage locations since last winter? I thought you were over by Kearney?

Ya Blake we had to sell our family cottage of over 50 years. Nobody wanted to put money into it so it just fell apart. It's sad and unfortunate because the money was there to fix it.

So now we go to my wife's cottage in mactier on silver laker. It could've been a 4th generation cottage, as my kids were just being introduced to it. They are 2 & 4 yrs old and I would've loved for them to enjoy it as I did for 20+ years! I'm just fortunate the wife's parents have a nice cottage that doesn't get used so hopefully the kids still have a chance to enjoy the great outdoors!

I've seen this happen a few times as families change over time.

Dang good sledding in Mactier, too, though. Six Star Supreme and good neighbouring clubs.

I've seen this happen a few times as families change over time.

Dang good sledding in Mactier, too, though. Six Star Supreme and good neighbouring clubs.

You know, I've never been sledding on that side of Muskoka. It's always been on the other side of hwy 11. So I'm kind of looking forward to some new trails. I heard the trails were great and TONS of snow on that side as it's a little closer to Georgian bay. Pretty excited to create some new memories with the kiddies...it's probably a good thing it happened while they were still young so the loss won't affect them at all.

Baylaker, Six star has really raised the bar with grooming in the last few years. Add in South Seguin (Wildbills club) and you will have some stellar rides this winter. Parry Sound is a great area to ride. You will really be happy....

I think I'll have to meet up with some of you guys and possibly get yas to show me around! By the sounds of it six star is a club?

Pretty hard to beat Kearney as a snowmobiling haven. Mactier proper does not have a Rickward's dealership and convenience store, a Fetterleys' or equivalent gas station, nor the in town access to good food. Having said that, within an hour's ride of Mactier there are plenty of choices. You'll have similar access to Parry Sound area, but be exchanging the D Trail for the C. That means good access to points south that wouldn't have been on your day trip itinerary in the past. Perilously close to the characters of the Baxter Club.

I would think you also might enjoy the proximity of Lakes Joseph, Rosseau and Muskoka, and indeed Georgian Bay, and Six Mile, as opposed to the reduced number of large lakes within an hour of Kearney. Starts to make a high speed sled look more appealing, perhaps?

I should also mention that during the past three years I have found that the trails in the Mactier to Parry Sound area have kept their snow into the first few days of April, pretty much exactly like the trails north out of Kearney.

I look forward to hooking up with you for some good rides this coming season.

I'm looking forward to it! C trail is extremely close to the cottage. I actually ended up driving down it in the truck this past summer thinking it was just a normal dirt back road lol. Then I saw the C trail sign...

I'm hoping next year yamaha/cat come out with a sled that exceeds 100mph so those lake runs would be fun and allow me to keep up! Those vipers are nice, but they're lacking top end.

I remember walking into rickwards with my grandfather when I was probably around 7-8 years old. I saw a little 50cc dirt bike (I think it was a yamaha) and asked grandpa if he would buy it for me. I almost had him pulling out his wallet, or so I thought at the time...

Hoping for another great season!

Welcome to the area Baylaker. You'll find some great riding this side of the world. MacTier seems to often be in a "snow belt" of its own getting more snow than the areas just south or just north of there.

Thanks 02sled! Looking forward to maybe riding with some of you guys this season.

Near Baysville today.

71 km. Sorry 02sled. LOL

attachicon.gif20151122_114958.jpg

Blake you are so lucky .thats 2 years in a row you were out before anyone else ,cheers

Can't sit around eating tarts ALL the time.

So Coldwater...not far south of Port Severn and MacTier got 54 cm's of snow.... just shy of 2 feet. Looks promising for the coming season

hmmm.

I wonder if there are any places to run around and play in that stuff. Lots of concession roads but they must all be plowed by now...

Wow! I wana go to the cottage now! Lol

Archived