SNOW

ToSlow

For you're neighbors sake, I hope you don't have any.

Now that's got me lmao! Nd I bought a 15 left over from last year walked out the door 12k plus tax. deerhaven hooked me up good can't complain. Our dollar is getting worse by the minute anyway, price on new iron will be up again next year

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should hire you as our meteorologist.

Some of the clowns (the guys not the girls which you would expect) that read the weather on the Toronto channels (read Global & CP24) are downright negative about winter. I think if it rained from the middle of Nov' to the end of April, that wouldn't bother them in the least. "At least you don't have to shovel it" seems to be a favourite comment about rain in the winter. I'd add something but it would get deleted & I'd get a warning.

Toronto weather reporters are unbelievable in thier attitude towards winter. It's Canada you stupid idiots. We get a thing called winter, no wonder people in Toronto are so much more negative in the winter. When your being brainwashed by negative TV reporters.

Reality is that unless you have a reason to enjoy the snow, snowmobiling, like we do, snowboarding or skiing there isn't a lot to look forward to with the coming of snow. Especially in the city. Things like double the time to get to work or home, scraping the windshield, walking in the slush, your vehicle never really being clean, shoveling snow, slipping and falling on ice and more.

Many years ago before snowmobiling, before skiing, I used to hibernate for the winter and I thought winter sucked.

When your being brainwashed by negative TV reporters.

I think a lot of it has to do w/ the station management or the intended audience. Bill Coulter used to have a fairly neutral attitude towards winter when he was doing the weather on Global. He jumped to CP24 & he's become a Debbie Downer when it comes to winter. Hey pal, not everyone wants a green winter!

Reality is that unless you have a reason to enjoy the snow, snowmobiling, like we do, snowboarding or skiing there isn't a lot to look forward to with the coming of snow. Especially in the city. Things like double the time to get to work or home, scraping the windshield, walking in the slush, your vehicle never really being clean, shoveling snow, slipping and falling on ice and more.

Many years ago before snowmobiling, before skiing, I used to hibernate for the winter and I thought winter sucked.

I asked a friend who came to Canada as a kid & is probably more Canadian than those that were born here why Torontonians hate winter. She said it messes up their shoes. She has a cottage & enjoys it year round.

I could handle a green winter in Toronto as long as everywhere else was white. North of Hwy 7 has to have snow. :D

I could handle a green winter in Toronto as long as everywhere else was white. North of Hwy 7 has to have snow. :D

I used to say the same thing @ work. I didn't want snow south of Taunton Rd because nobody knew how to drive on it.

Yeah except if your neighbour buys the same sled as you for 3k less, that sucks. I will be the neighbour next fall. Awesome let the mild weather continue.

VR, you're at it again.  Nobody on here appreciates these kinds of negative comments.  

Haven't you got something better to do with your time???...come to think of it, why don't you audition for a position as a TV weather reporter/"expert" in Toronto? 

Yeah except if your neighbour buys the same sled as you for 3k less, that sucks. I will be the neighbour next fall. Awesome let the mild weather continue.

Or perhaps next fall you will be the neighbour who buys the same sled for $2k more than I paid for mine considering I bought mine end of season, you're looking to buy yours start of season and the exchange rate on the $ doesn't seem to be going up any time soon.

While the dealer wants to move any surplus inventory he also doesn't want to lose money and he will have bought the sled in US $. When sales are good they can afford a lower margin per sled and make their money on volume. When volume is low they still need to pay the bills to keep the lights on.

X2  Snowmobiling and skiing are cheaper than medication, at least that'w what I tell my wife.  :-)

Just look at how we are passing the time now... without snow. How many of us are bouncing off the walls. My visit to Princess Auto yesterday helped but now my wife is "threatening" to send me to Le Barons to "de-stress"

If this weather keeps up I will have a whole lot of new things I don't really need but will have fun collecting.

Just look at how we are passing the time now... without snow. How many of us are bouncing off the walls. My visit to Princess Auto yesterday helped but now my wife is "threatening" to send me to Le Barons to "de-stress"

If this weather keeps up I will have a whole lot of new things I don't really need but will have fun collecting.

It will be time to clean out te garage again - this time new stuff :-)  I resemble that!

It will be time to clean out te garage again - this time new stuff :-)  I resemble that!

yup... the more space you have the more stuff you collect... purge... create space and repeat the cycle. It really came to light when we were cleaning out my mothers house and realizing how much stuff she collected and never used.

Were going to get some white stuff overnight. I no nothing's froze n the trails won't open but it's great to look at. Haha and I've grown up ditch banging. Any white is better than green :)

I'm afraid the snow amount we get will be inversely proportional to the panic on TV today.

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?animate=true

Snowin really good right now! I love it! Almost blizzard like conditions...where's the snow dance icon?! Lol

Snowin really good right now! I love it! Almost blizzard like conditions...where's the snow dance icon?! Lol

:icon_snow:  :icon_dance-cpatch:  :icon_dance-cpatch:

:icon_snow::icon_dance-cpatch::icon_dance-cpatch:

Groovin! I just might be able to test out the 540 in 5hrs...

Groovin!

all we need to add is slomo's snowmobiling song

how much you getting? I'm in London! and we are getting mixed freezing/snow.

all we need to add is slomo's snowmobiling song

Haha!

how much you getting? I'm in London! and we are getting mixed freezing/snow.

It's comin down pretty good! Has been for the past hour or so. Ground will be covered shortly...and supposed to snow until around 10pm and then it will turn to freezing rain...according to TWN radar.

Sweet well i hope SOMEONE close gets enough snow to ride... let's hope everyone with snow starts posting!

Come on guys come sledding here!! And not half way across Canada hahahaha!!

Still -8 outside so it's all snow! Definitley going to get a nice little dump of snow! I'll post a few pictures later tonight on the sled!

Archived