Where did you ride today

volunteer2

9 guys left from Gibson lake just  north of 6 mile lake to parry sound...took the seuin  and up the B101..its a fantasic trail...up to magnetawan for lunch...took the 711 trail back down to the sequin and back through go home lake..300 km and it was an awesome ride....we has 2 Blade sleds leading..

Were you south of Sprucedale on the D last weekend as well?  We were N/B D at Yearly ... passed two lead sleds that I could not identify ... assumed Blades.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rode along the Niagara Gorge last week. Incredible scenery. In theory you can go from Old Fort Erie to Fort George in Niagara on the Lake, but you have to trailer through Niagara Falls. The trail is OK for bikes but not sleds and they have an anti-sledding bylaw.

post-21349-0-26666900-1393432252_thumb.jpg

Rode from the St Clements clubhouse yesterday. Left at 8am. Had breakfast in Spakespeare. Out to Mitchell, up to Wingham for fuel, in to Teeswater for lunch at Boomers. On to Paisley, Chesley, Chatworth, Mount Forest for fuel and hot chocolate, headed back through Conestogo Lake, Linwood and back to the clubhouse by 1030pm.

465 kms.

Everything south of Wingham and Mount Forest was stellar conditions, flat, hard with a bit of loose snow. The section from Wingham around to south of Mount Forest looked like it hadn't seen a groomer since the weekend. Still good to very good in most areas. It was snowing hard through the late afternoon and evening.

Should be great conditions around Dist. 5, 9 for this coming weekend.

And the best news, no sign of a warm spell anytime soon.

Nice run blackstar. Yea we should be good for wings next week too!!!!

Mike

Went down to Jack's Lake to GPS the stake line.

Carnarvon to Baysville to Dorset(coffee break) to home. All trails were tabletop except B from Beech River to Hawk and it was ok. Lakes were cold and lumpy.

Rode along the Niagara Gorge last week. Incredible scenery. In theory you can go from Old Fort Erie to Fort George in Niagara on the Lake, but you have to trailer through Niagara Falls. The trail is OK for bikes but not sleds and they have an anti-sledding bylaw.

attachicon.gifGorgeous view W.jpg

LOL

I've biked down the Parkway to Ft. Erie & noticed the stud marks on the bridges.

Did 600 kms in Nunavut/Hudson Bay last week.

-60's with the wind and blizzards the likes of which I've never experienced. Frozen exposed skin in seconds.

I will never complain about cold in Ontario again.

LOL, Toronto issues a severe cold warning at -15. It has to get to -55 with wind before they call it extreme.

I've been at -43 no wind, (in the tree line) spent the night out doors..it sucked. This -40 with a 80 kmh wind is beyond belief.

The local inuit persons are hard as F sharp. No face mask, no goggles and a 100 lb female is blowing past me (carrying a dead 700 lb Yamaha Viking) to check the route on a 550 fanner,

-20 now seems like a day at the beach.

Were you south of Sprucedale on the D last weekend as well?  We were N/B D at Yearly ... passed two lead sleds that I could not identify ... assumed Blades.

that would have been us!

Chapleau to Hearst. Hornepayne to Hearst are the fastest 100 miles of trail I have ever ridden. Saw a wolf on the trail just outside of Hornepayne, never saw one before.

Akron.. That was one of my favorite parts of the trip, that and the ride from Chapleau to Elliott lake..

Left garage at 10am headed to Elmira fueled up. Headed south, yes south, on GTSA trails to Princeton, just because, then back to Drumbo for fuel and late lunch. Headed to Plattsville and took the new trail that runs back to GTSA area. Headed back towards Baden, went north to Wellesley, then Millbank and railbed to Linwood, Elmira, Floradale, Inverhaugh and back to the garage at 5pm 165 miles Trails were all real good. Cold enough but so nice and sunny with no wind. Saw about 25 sleds. Weekend riding will be awesome.

Left from Fenelon Falls yesterday and rode the TMSC trails, Paudash SC trails and Haliburton trails.

All trails were a 10 out of 10 but lake crossings were rough/beat.

Did 250 km's and it was surprising the amount of sleds that were out. Seems more than a few had the same idea/plans as us. 

Great day had by all. 

post-21888-0-63738800-1393690741_thumb.jpg

post-21888-0-29208900-1393690760_thumb.jpg

post-21888-0-84755000-1393690781_thumb.jpg

post-21888-0-42533100-1393690807_thumb.jpg

post-21888-0-91926200-1393690835_thumb.jpg

post-21888-0-12768100-1393690857_thumb.jpg

Nice pics thanks for sharing, It certainly has been a year for the record books, it will be some great late season riding as well hopefully.

Did 600 kms in Nunavut/Hudson Bay last week.

-60's with the wind and blizzards the likes of which I've never experienced. Frozen exposed skin in seconds.

I will never complain about cold in Ontario again.

LOL, Toronto issues a severe cold warning at -15. It has to get to -55 with wind before they call it extreme.

I've been at -43 no wind, (in the tree line) spent the night out doors..it sucked. This -40 with a 80 kmh wind is beyond belief.

The local inuit persons are hard as F sharp. No face mask, no goggles and a 100 lb female is blowing past me (carrying a dead 700 lb Yamaha Viking) to check the route on a 550 fanner,

-20 now seems like a day at the beach.

Yup.  Those Inuit people are the toughest people on Earth, I can guarantee that.  In Hearst last week we had similar temps but less wind, we had -55 windchill all day last Tuesday.  I was gonna call a cab to cross Hwy 11 to get to my Ford at lunchtime.

Chapleau to Hearst. Hornepayne to Hearst are the fastest 100 miles of trail I have ever ridden. Saw a wolf on the trail just outside of Hornepayne, never saw one before.

Count yourself lucky he was alone, if there was a pack you might have been lunch ...   :whatever:

Today we took a little ride on a friends' property, kids on GT's and a tube.  Lasted all of about an hour, it was chilly out, and breezy.  The wife trucked the Cheyenne and GT's out, I rode the Deluxe.  

Did a pit stop on the way there, I had adjusted the needles on the 670 and wanted to do a plug check at near -20 temps, nice light brown.  I won't ride when it's colder than that anyway.  Plugs had a touch too much carbon on them, burning all the crud off from running it on the stock position at mild temps.  It's considerably better on fuel on the 2nd notch (rather than the stock 3rd notch) and it doesn't 4-stroke at -5° anymore ..... 

Rode from Fenelon Falls to Whitney today. 173 miles round trip approximately. Good trails and saw 3 groomers later in the day.

Did a little 80 km run last night from home to Listowel, Palmerston, teviotdale and ended up at the conastoga lake club house for our annual corn roast. Good turnout trails were sweat!!!

Mike

Did a little 80 km run last night from home to Listowel, Palmerston, teviotdale and ended up at the conastoga lake club house for our annual corn roast. Good turnout trails were sweat!!!

Mike

Saturday we decided to trailer north, all the way to Alma, from Maryhill. Takes 15 min by truck but 40 min by sled with 4 road runs and uncertain grooming plus my 15 year old is getting bored going up and down the same trail. LOL.  Got fuel and left the  rigg in Alma, headed towards Arthur (was fresh groomed so all road crossings were cleaned up....thank goodness)  Teviotdale,lunch Palmerston for wings, thru the covered bridge and top of the lake back to Arthur, blind side road to Alma trail. Had to double back about 2 or 3 min one trail, otherwise one big loop.   76 miles  for a 4 hour ride.  Forgot the second trip.....had a bus load so took the van to corn roast at the Lake.  Drove the van right to the club house. ( took the trail ) Doesn't get any better.

Left from Fenelon Falls yesterday and rode the TMSC trails, Paudash SC trails and Haliburton trails.

All trails were a 10 out of 10 but lake crossings were rough/beat.

Did 250 km's and it was surprising the amount of sleds that were out. Seems more than a few had the same idea/plans as us. 

Great day had by all. folks were staying off the trails then.  

:icon_pics:

Did a loop up to Wilberforce, 150 klicks on Sat'. It was much busier than on the freeloader weekend.

Today we did a smaller loop basically circling Jack's Lake. a few sleds out, but nothing like yesterday.

Giants Tomb to see the ice caves. Baxter Snow Riders organized a ride in which we had 24 sleds participate. 22 of us left Village Marina, Honey Harbour lead by Jim and Kate Dudman. Kate is Jim's daughter and was the lady you may have seen at the ice caves on CTV2 Barrie news on Friday night.  Two other sleds joined up with us just as we were heading out onto the bay. They are well worth the trip. Amazing what mother nature creates.  

If you can get there soon do it. You can't alway rely on the ice to get out there and nobody knows how long it will be good for this year or if you will be able to get there next year. The weather this year created the best it apparently has been in many years. I will add some pictures once I get them off the camera.

Rode to Giant's Tomb as well.  Not sure how many there were of us, but it was a bucket full.  Thanks to our tour guide Dan, whom I went to high school with.  Fist time we have seen each other in 30 years.

We started at the north end and worked our way to the south. As we headed back to Beausoleil we passed a large herd that looked like they were coming out of Midland

We started at the north end and worked our way to the south. As we headed back to Beausoleil we passed a large herd that looked like they were coming out of Midland

At 11:55 we were getting within a kilometre of Giant's Tomb Island and encountered a large group heading east coming off the island. At the rear of the group I saw a guy on a green cat like your avatar so I waved like a madman. Not sure if it was actually you though, as the rider was NOT wearing a trail patrol vest....

Started at Beech River heading north on the B and headed over to the B112. Took it into Minden and continued on to the B103. Took the B103 to 7 to B103 to B and home. About 150 km loop and all trails were in good condition. Good job groomers! Nice to see the trails are groomed a bit wider too.

Archived