Where did you ride today

volunteer2

Did a 3 or 4 km test ride on a '12 Summit this morning, checking fuel pressure.  You have any idea how hard it is to read a 3 inch gauge strapped to the "windshield" of a sled at WFO in a ditch ? 

Oh, and did I mention the windshield factor, much aggravated by the lack of windshield they put on Summits with the risers facing forwards ......

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here are a couple photos of sunday's ride near Holland MB

2014-03-02-Jay_zps25ea175c.jpg

CoolingOffsm_zpsae6d422c.jpg

2014-03-02-Matt_zps19debd45.jpg

2014-03-02-Cory_zps274c68c2.jpg

cool pics

You bangin' up that hill on your short track ?  Attago, keepin' the faith for us flatlanders !!!

Friday ride was :   Trailer and leave from New Dundee area and to Turkey Point.  Excellent way to get under the 403.  Trails well marked with lots of destination signs. Beutifull trails, real wide, flat, and well groomed. Gas available along the way. The trail thru the provincial park at Turkey Point was awesome. Lunch at the TPH was great.  Back home up thru Courtland and had to double back from Burford. Total 176 miles  9:30 leave and 7:00 back.  

Nice pics thanks for sharing, It certainly has been a year for the record books, it will be some great late season riding as well hopefully.

Thanks.

Got out again yesterday with my son. Trails were excellent but were getting mushy, bare in a few places as the warm temps/sun rose..

1000 km's for myself and 300 for my son, which is his first year of trail riding.

Hoping for at least one more ride next week but with +5 temps and some rain in the forecast, that may not happen on local trails?

post-21888-0-51096900-1394313036_thumb.jpg

post-21888-0-31364500-1394313058_thumb.jpg

post-21888-0-90269400-1394313077_thumb.jpg

Went North of Hearst about 8 miles, to the lake near the Marina, did some ice fishing with friends.  3 pike .... 2 hammer-handles and a 5 pounder .... all good eatin' anyway !  That's my snack for tomorrow !

leading the four year old on his sled on our trails. 

That is PRICELESS!!!  Congratulations on recognizing and seizing the opportunity. :right_on: :right_on: :right_on:

A few more years and that order will change, lol.

Way to go, Bill. I'll bet he loved it.

Thanks.

Got out again yesterday with my son. Trails were excellent but were getting mushy, bare in a few places as the warm temps/sun rose..

1000 km's for myself and 300 for my son, which is his first year of trail riding.

Hoping for at least one more ride next week but with +5 temps and some rain in the forecast, that may not happen on local trails?

great pics & reading alot about you & son riding together which is the magic about this sport...thx for sharing

Rode Sudbury trails today, north of Rocky's, the north river and L trail...

026_zpsb749b5ea.jpg028_zpsf7b1210b.jpg009_zps0e0de732.jpg005_zps8051849c.jpg

beautiful pics zozo,thinkin your area later in march.wouldn't mind tour thru your fav areas if possible ?

your the backbone of sleddin bill.pass it on...

Started at Gravenhurst Wharf and met up with Al Boucquey, a gent I met at the Snowcrest Pancake Breakfast three years ago. (He's not yet a member of this forum, but he knows a few of the guys including ravinerat.) Did a nice little 75 km circuit starting with a run up Lake Muskoka. Stopped twice to ask ice fishermen about ice thickness on Lake Muskoka. One guy said 14 to 18 inches (near mouth of river) the other guy said over two feet (main part of the lake). Should be good for a while yet.

We came down D back to Gravenhurst, then took the old overland route from Gull Lake Rotary Park to Summerland Store for coffee and a western.

Here's Al.

post-22473-0-82561700-1394345548_thumb.jpg

Here's me.

post-22473-0-94001100-1394345564_thumb.jpg

After lunch I put my coat in the trunk and rode back to town in my long-sleeved shirt. Conditions are just as good as ever, with the exception of the newly bared pavement crossing through downtown Gravenhurst.

It would be great to get out with a few OC'ers on the local lakes over the next two weeks or so....

lol...the ''here's me'' pic is great,is so you...picture tells a 1000 words...such a good fellow,we laughed in amazement how you handle that sled...never sat in a more comfortable sled before...quack quack

great pics & reading alot about you & son riding together which is the magic about this sport...thx for sharing

beautiful pics zozo,thinkin your area later in march.wouldn't mind tour thru your fav areas if possible ?

Just PM me if you are heading up this way, we would be happy to show you around.

Spent the last couple of stellar days out around this general area close to the camp....

post-19713-0-14461900-1394363508_thumb.j

Nice to get up in the morning, have a leisurely cup of coffee, breakfast, a bowl buster of a dump, and walk out to ride from your own driveway in these conditions....

post-19713-0-89896600-1394363509_thumb.j

I'm sure if people check,they've probably got some unused gift cards from various electronics shops sitting around.....I found a nice idea was to get one of those digital picture viewing screens and load all your sledding shots onto it....also doubles as a clock....which is why I take a lot of pictures....reminds me of the good times during the off season....here are a few of this weekend's going into my collection....

post-19713-0-85171100-1394363511_thumb.j

post-19713-0-03267000-1394363514_thumb.j

post-19713-0-11222900-1394363516_thumb.j

post-19713-0-43043600-1394363518_thumb.j

post-19713-0-06467600-1394363506_thumb.j

Looking like a great week coming up as well.

If this little guy follows in the footsteps of his Daddy district 10 has nothing to worry about.

If this little guy follows in the footsteps of his Daddy district 10 has nothing to worry about.

That is very kind thank you . I am only one of hundreds of volunteers that make the trails happen here we have some great folks working on the trails. 

Saturday ride was leave from the house down sturgeon lake ran scigog river to pilings in lindsay to hook up with bethany rail trail. Ran trail down 35 hwy to the ganny e108 to bewdly brekky at rhinos across rice lake to the reserve for fuel continued to end of rice and took trail to stony lake (701&569 I think) continued to e107 to apsley trail and anstruther lake marina for lunch. Left there ran couple lakes through kawartha park back to 108 to b103 to fenlon sshort cut through a field to lake and back home around high 300's k.

Lake pretty good with mild weather to smooth things out south trails icy better in north buckhorn trails need a groom and tmsc great as usual this year klsc trails were getting bumpy near end of day c

return of colds temps outta get groomers out

I waited 12 yrs for this opportunity and couldn't be happier that he is now sledding with me.

He loves it and is already talking about a new sled for himself, lol.

Starting them young, (on a variety of toys if you're able to) is the key to getting them prepared for trail riding in the future.

I was nervous the first couple times, and especially yesterday riding with a couple other buds as I thought he might ride over his head some, but with his prior experience that he learned at a young age, he rode excellent and in control the whole time.

My 1 bud who followed him all day, said he rode like a champ and handled the sled like he had been riding for years!

post-21888-0-51530600-1394372304_thumb.jpg

post-21888-0-98274700-1394372394_thumb.jpg

post-21888-0-88466800-1394372465_thumb.jpg

post-21888-0-32017500-1394372505_thumb.jpg

post-21888-0-27687100-1394372562_thumb.jpg

post-21888-0-39250400-1394372747_thumb.jpg

I waited 12 yrs for this opportunity and couldn't be happier that he is now sledding with me.

He loves it and is already talking about a new sled for himself, lol.

Starting them young, (on a variety of toys if you're able to) is the key to getting them prepared for trail riding in the future.

I was nervous the first couple times, and especially yesterday riding with a couple other buds as I thought he might ride over his head some, but with his prior experience that he learned at a young age, he rode excellent and in control the whole time.

My 1 bud who followed him all day, said he rode like a champ and handled the sled like he had been riding for years!

that is sweet,i've done same with son & may have to with daughter,something they will always remember

Spent the last couple of stellar days out around this general area close to the camp....

attachicon.gifpic01.JPG

Nice to get up in the morning, have a leisurely cup of coffee, breakfast, a bowl buster of a dump, and walk out to ride from your own driveway in these conditions....

attachicon.gifpic02.jpg

I'm sure if people check,they've probably got some unused gift cards from various electronics shops sitting around.....I found a nice idea was to get one of those digital picture viewing screens and load all your sledding shots onto it....also doubles as a clock....which is why I take a lot of pictures....reminds me of the good times during the off season....here are a few of this weekend's going into my collection....

attachicon.gifpic03.jpg

attachicon.gifpic04.jpg

attachicon.gifpic05.jpg

attachicon.gifpic06.jpg

attachicon.gifpic07.jpg

Looking like a great week coming up as well.

great pics,enjoy your holidays

here are a couple photos of sunday's ride near Holland MB

2014-03-02-Jay_zps25ea175c.jpg

CoolingOffsm_zpsae6d422c.jpg

2014-03-02-Matt_zps19debd45.jpg

2014-03-02-Cory_zps274c68c2.jpg

very cool pics,looks like fun

Archived