Where did you ride today

volunteer2

I assume the two people on foot were from the truck that went off the trail?  Nice Vid.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pics, Next winter we will have to go for a ride together, My brother in law lives in Sudbury...

Nunz

Rode out from home today(coniston) just to check the trails and see how things will be in the morning. I want to ride out from home to ice fish. Swamps are starting to flood, one of the snow bridges is gone and a river is running through it, but all still passable if you want. I had one last swamp to look at and came upon a guy that went for a swim. His ski fell off the hard edge of the trail base that was under water and he was sucked into the swamp on his side. We were able to pull it out the way he went in, and only his clutches got wet, well those and his feet and gloves. He was lucky I had to urge to take a look at the swamps..Dude had ridden from markstay and mentionedgetting his kid with a quad to help him, but a quad would not get through the areas you have to waterskip deep flooding so that may well have ended in another stuck.

002_zpsf227b2a7.jpg

Saw a few of those last weekend in Sudbury. That one looks like the puddle we skipped just outside Coniston (track on left, town ahead). On second thought, water appears deeper. They all start to look the same after a while, lol.

I'm sure he was glad that you came along.

As for quads, too many of them out last weekend. Absolutely chewed up the trails around Chelmsford. They gather at Tim Horton's and go for joyrides. Ugghh.

Saw a few of those last weekend in Sudbury. That one looks like the puddle we skipped just outside Coniston (track on left, town ahead). On second thought, water appears deeper. They all start to look the same after a while, lol.

I'm sure he was glad that you came along.

As for quads, too many of them out last weekend. Absolutely chewed up the trails around Chelmsford. They gather at Tim Horton's and go for joyrides. Ugghh.

Even in january when we have a thaw the pricks come out and trash our trails. Cops need to sit on the trails after a rain and nail them to a cross. You rode through that but the water is getting deeper by the day. The area just before it that drops into a swamp and has posts marking the snow bridge is now a river flowing through there, still easy to ho it though.

Archived