Fred Quimby RIP

jrhz06

Sadly we’ve lost another sledder and very active OC member.

“Fred Quimby” lost his battle with cancer last night. 

He was very involved with HCSA and a great source of knowledge about sledding and the Haliburton area. The club will miss him and I will miss a great riding buddy.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrible news, will surely be missed.  I never met him but always enjoyed reading his post's.  Condolences to his family.

thats terrible news,also enjoyed his posts too.condolences to family &friends..

My condolences to his friends and family.

A wonderful writer, committed volunteer and supporter of his community.

So sad....RIP Fred.

What a loss. We always enjoyed his comments and appreciated his honest up-to-date information about the trails and the Haliburton area in general. RIP and condolences to his loved ones.

Fred's area snow and trail reports will be missed, as well as his opinions. Interesting how forum characters take on a life of their own - fairly certain "Fred Quimby" was not his real name? Or maybe he will be remembered here only as a forum character. Might seem fitting given his contribution to snowmobiling.....

In any event, sad news.

Very sad to hear. 

Wow!  Very sad to hear!  RIP Fred!

X2!

Fred will be missed by HCSA and family and friends that knew him. I never met him either, but always enjoyed getting trail condition updates from him. Wish I was up there more to help out. Rip Fred!

was alittle overwhelmed this morning when i 1st posted...thought about fred today...never met him but thru his posts & opinions i knew him,figured one day we cross paths considering his envolment with sledding & OC...he opened up about stuff that most of us couldn't do,yet never mentioned he was ill...we really lost one of us...know i will miss his comments...maybe OC should pin some of his funnier posts...when we having a OC bbq...started sled today for some reason...

RIP Fred.

You suck, Cancer!

Very sad news.  RIP Fred.  Like many others here, I enjoyed reading his posts.

Sad new indeed. I always enjoyed his comments from over in his part of the world, especially Canarvon. 

RIP Fred.

RIP Fred, may a foot of fresh power fall every night, and a clear sky greet you every morning, where ever your believes have taken you.

You will be missed by all.

RIP.. Fred.. Never met him but will be missed for sure.

RIP FRED,  i had a few conversation with him through pm's. sad to think i'll never get to meet him.

X2!  I was hoping to meet and ride with him.

If you were stopped by HCSA trail patrol last year you met Fred. Fred's the one in the background.

post-22300-0-62392300-1374118505_thumb.jpg

I feel honored to have ridden with him. I'm very sad that he is gone. RIP Fred! You will be missed! 

Archived