Fred Quimby RIP

jrhz06

X2! I was hoping to meet and ride with him.

X3...Fred and I "talked" via PMs a couple of seasons ago about doing some mid-week riding together, but somehow we never managed to make it happen.

Very sad news indeed...yet another reminder to "carpe diem!"

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't know him other than his posts here. By the picture Fred was still a relatively young man. As the song goes "Only the good die young" RIP

My condolences to his friends and family

was alittle overwhelmed this morning when i 1st posted...thought about fred today...never met him but thru his posts & opinions i knew him,figured one day we cross paths considering his envolment with sledding & OC...he opened up about stuff that most of us couldn't do,yet never mentioned he was ill...we really lost one of us...know i will miss his comments...maybe OC should pin some of his funnier posts...when we having a OC bbq...started sled today for some reason...

Good post WD! Would be great if we could have a little reminder of him on the OC site. Truly shocked by his passing. He will be missed around here..

I am in for a summer OC bbq. Name the place and time. Would be willing to have it here (my place) if there's enough interest..

Good post WD! Would be great if we could have a little reminder of him on the OC site. Truly shocked by his passing. He will be missed around here..

I am in for a summer OC bbq. Name the place and time. Would be willing to have it here (my place) if there's enough interest..

We have lost some good people Doonut included

Wildbill. It always takes something like this to realize what you have, and to appreciate the time your given. Alot of great guys on here. Met a bunch of great guys on here so far, and look forward to many friendships down the rode.

RIP Fred.

I always in the past looked for him on the trail while ridding in HCSA .His reports were invaluable. His devotion to the his club clear.Truly a OC er.

RIP Fred 

i'd be in if its a go, keep thread in the front.

thanks

I am certainly interested.  Would be nice to get together and raise a glass to Fred. :right_on:

Let me know guys if your interested. I am more than willing to host a OC get together at my place. Or any other ideas? would be great.

X2 SJ on raising a glass to Fred..

I'm in!

Sounds good to me!

Wow...so sad to hear. RIP Fred. Condolences to the family. He will be greatly missed.

Way to young!!

Sad to hear, he sounds like a great guy and I'm sure he will be missed here.  Please offer my condolences to family and friends during this difficult time.

A very active snowmobile club member passed away a few years before I got involved and the club installed a plaque naming a local trail after him.  I never met him but knew his daughter and I think of her loss every time I pass the plaque.

RIP Mr. Quimby.

Just got notified by a friend of this terrible news......

RIP and my deepest condolences to the family

As Paul said CANCER SUCKS

Damn .... just Damn!

Sincere condolences for all those close to him ...  RIP.

I am shocked, never met him but also very much so enjoyed his post and reading his point of views. My condolences to all family and friends.

Archived