INSURANCE!!

Baylaker

So it’s that time of year again. Sleds are up for renewal. Just got an increase of $240 per year for both sleds. Not too happy about it, so I figured I’d ask if there’s any insurance companies specifically geared towards the sledder. If anyone has any info, please share! Thanks 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That’s who I’ve been with for years now, and now all of a sudden a jump in the premium. No accidents or claims either...

Baylaker, just to clarify, did the price increase by $120 per sled?

Yes it did

13 hours ago, Baylaker said:

That’s who I’ve been with for years now, and now all of a sudden a jump in the premium. No accidents or claims either...

Consider yourself lucky you have no claims as insurance companies love to use that excuse for your rate increase. 

Wow that increase is what I pay for my one sled in total! I'm with state farm, they've always been good to me with no increases. I do have cars and house with them though.

just got my TD renewal in the mail last night.

was shocked at the price, seems to have gone up a lot. might have to shop around too.

been happy with TD til now.

7 hours ago, Poo Man said:

Wow that increase is what I pay for my one sled in total! I'm with state farm, they've always been good to me with no increases. I do have cars and house with them though.

I used to be with State Farm but they jacked their prices too

2 hours ago, JJL said:

just got my TD renewal in the mail last night.

was shocked at the price, seems to have gone up a lot. might have to shop around too.

been happy with TD til now.

Same here, time to shop around! Let me know what you find and I’ll do the same. My buddy is with co-operators and says they’re pretty good. Hopefully I can try and find the time to give them a call this week.

i pay $592 taxes in for my sled & trailer... I dont know if thats a good or bad price... however if my insurance increased by $120 over last years & i didnt have any claims i'd be looking around too 

My Crown Victoria was with TD and they jacked the rate. Also the new truck was no bargoon. We now have everything including both houses with Cooperators. 

That said, my kids can't seem to deal with them. Best to just call around to see what anybody can do for you.

I moved to allstate a few years ago, sleds where a little more bit cheaper overall.

I have a few things with them.

5 cars, 2 sleds, 1 quad, house, and camp.

Don't even ask what I pay.

I'm pretty sure I could by a top of the line Yamaha every 2 years with my premiums.

My record it less than stellar as well as my oldest son. 

Hmm... this prompted me to double check our sled coverage. It just renewed yesterday Sept. 19. $313 for each sled with TD. No change from last year on the monthly payments. They have all of our other insurance as well.

I strongly suggest dropping TD.  They wouldn't offer me insurance again after our 1st claim which was a theft.  How could we be in anyway at fault in a theft situation.  Terrible company.  I still have a bad taste in my mouth over the entire ordeal.

33 minutes ago, signfan said:

I strongly suggest dropping TD.  They wouldn't offer me insurance again after our 1st claim which was a theft.  How could we be in anyway at fault in a theft situation.  Terrible company.  I still have a bad taste in my mouth over the entire ordeal.

The dealings I have had with TD have been outstanding.

There are always such large swings in both directions regarding INS rates and dealings people have with them, I don't get it.

I think the dealings are more to do with the adjusters, the rates increases without cause, I do not understand, but I remember the same comments last year and my rates I think were status quo or close enough to not both looking at changing companies. I should receive my new policy in the next month or so, so we will see.

funny thing, my renewal came today, due December 2nd, TD as well, last year $398 taxes in, this year $542 taxes in.

looks like I am shopping tomorrow, Royal no tax sale then for insurance. 

6 hours ago, signfan said:

We just switched everything to TD... major savings from CoOperators. Wife gets a discount due to her work. 

Hope to never have to deal with a claim. 

Does anyone else use a traditional broker anymore ?  I have been using the Guarantee Company of North America for over 30 years.  I had to change brokers twice to stay with the company due to brokers shutting down and/or dropping the company. I have the following covered with them;

House

Daily car 2011 Sonata (40,000 km/year in the Mississauga area) full coverage

Dakota truck 2006 full coverage

Sled Trailer

Vintage 87 Monte Carlo SS  appraised  value coverage

Vintage Honda Nighthawk 750S  liability

1995 Wildcat 700  liability, comp

2001 Thundercat  liability, comp

2015 XF7000 LXR  full coverage

That's a lot of hardware.  Brokers tried to get me to change but could not get coverage for the bike or the MCSS in one policy.  I have no reason to change.  Rates are pretty stable.

I need to scale back the toys but some are worthless so I just keep them.

9 hours ago, KW Mike said:

funny thing, my renewal came today, due December 2nd, TD as well, last year $398 taxes in, this year $542 taxes in.

looks like I am shopping tomorrow, Royal no tax sale then for insurance. 

I swear these tent sales get worse every year....maybe it’s because I don’t need anything idk. Got the girlfriend a new pair of fxr boots though. We had trouble finding her a pair last year as they were all covered in pink. She hates pink! lol 

Guys, this was going to happen, TD gobbled up the market share with low rates, eventually claims happen, payouts take place and rates increase as their loss ratio increases.

start shopping around for the next TD

40 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Guys, this was going to happen, TD gobbled up the market share with low rates, eventually claims happen, payouts take place and rates increase as their loss ratio increases.

start shopping around for the next TD

Any insight on where to look?

Archived