End already ?

Fastwhitecat

18 minutes ago, BruteMan said:

TWN cant even get the weather right for today 1 cm snow my arse! this was just taken out my front door...

5a665270e6fe6_IMG_2455(Large).thumb.jpeg.705e9ef2c75bbb89ff0aecbb86ecf331.jpeg

and you're complaining.... lucky you.... Toronto has been raining all day. They had forecast freezing rain for overnight but all that happened was rain.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Carling, we have had everything except summer weather. Snow, slop, rain, freezing rain and you name it. Weather wasn't fit for man nor dog so I sent out the wife. Jk

it will be interesting what Mother Nature throws at us next.

Rain and 4 tomorrow and + 4 on Saturday for Muskoka ,looks like trailering for this season for me ,wife doesn’t know yet but will know when I’m gone I think ,I thought these jokers were calling for a harsh winter for Ontario ,oh maybe they were wrong 

33 minutes ago, Muskoka Man said:

Rain and 4 tomorrow and + 4 on Saturday for Muskoka ,looks like trailering for this season for me ,wife doesn’t know yet but will know when I’m gone I think ,I thought these jokers were calling for a harsh winter for Ontario ,oh maybe they were wrong 

Yup I think Dave Phillips missed the mark again.

39 minutes ago, Muskoka Man said:

It was harsh, for about a week.

Might as well open up all trails south of Parry Sound to ATV's all year as they are useless to snowmobiles with no snow. Wish we could shoot mother nature and put someone else in charge !!!!

5 minutes ago, hancop said:

Might as well open up all trails south of Parry Sound to ATV's all year as they are useless to snowmobiles with no snow. Wish we could shoot mother nature and put someone else in charge !!!!

She obviously has old man winter by the cajones 

just watched global news...they say polar vortex is returning for most of the month of February......well below normal temps and snow fall ...well thats what I am sure they are guessing..lol....atleast it gives us some false hope.....

If the future weather for snowmobiling is going to be mild then we need Google to ride the trails when conditions are optim and record the trips for VR goggles so in 10 years we can do virtual sled trips. Damn you global warming!

Jerry

You all just gotta do more Snow Dance!

SnowDance.gif

Been snowing like hell in Sudbury since just after lunch.

I figure close to 6 inches so far.

Can it be packed before it blows away ?  I need it for Family Day week.

weather network said middle of February it is going get nasty cold again

hope it does not get too cold again

we need -5C and snow not -30C and no snow

the cold sucks all the moisture out of the air when its that cold

1 hour ago, soupkids said:

Been snowing like hell in Sudbury since just after lunch.

I figure close to 6 inches so far.

Sounds good. So the trails should be good this weekend. Looking to trailer somewhere.

10 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

Can it be packed before it blows away ?  I need it for Family Day week.

Yes.

This snow will get all our trails open I'm sure.

Here ya go fellas...clubs are updating.

A5288155-5EE5-49AC-AA05-D3151F3657C8.png

My daughter goes to University in North Bay and she said they got more freezing rain than snow last night.  

5 minutes ago, scottyr said:

My daughter goes to University in North Bay and she said they got more freezing rain than snow last night.  

Bummer...damn weather network at it again...was supposed to be 20-30cm. Freezing rain isn’t a bad thing though...

46 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Here ya go fellas...clubs are updating.

A5288155-5EE5-49AC-AA05-D3151F3657C8.png

Does anyone even look at the ITG anymore? E of Ottawa is still "open" under caution. I rode S of here Saturday, sparks from my carbides on some of the rail trail, crossed 1/4 of a field that was more brown and furrows than snow before we turned around. 2.5 days later it was red...

Parry sound remained open through the weekend. I wonder how their trails held up. Good job to them though! Port loring is limited as well. 

Ottawa area for me is around 7hrs away. I would rather drive to cochrane and spend an extra hour in the truck and have good conditions. However, im not that desperate to ride yet. I’ll either be going to parry sound, Kearney, port loring or north bay this coming weekend...haven’t decided yet.

We rode in Parry Sound on Saturday. The trails were VERY minimal. There were some decent sections, and apparently we picked all the wrongs ones to ride as we hit as many rocks and mud as we did snow. But heading to Kearny was decent we were told after. It was very busy so obviously the trails were in much worse condition closer to the parking lot. The pictures of the trails are as we were leaving.

IMG_4199.jpg

IMG_4198.jpg

IMG_4196.jpg

Eeeewww! Grody! I would think those should be closed no?

Archived