2025 predictions

Sledguy74

20 hours ago, stoney said:

Buy for the now enjoyment, not the future......its a toy to have fun, not an investment.

Assume loses, if you cannot stomach that, move on.

I do it the other way. I let eveyrone else eat the depreciation. I keep money ready and scour kijiji daily. 

I lost money on one sled and made on all the others. Im ahead a lot right now on all my purchases

Only one i didnt care what i was doing was with my Mach. I wanted that sled regardless of dollars.

• Like 7

I used to replace every year or two - back then it wasn't much to do that and the cost was fair for the use/enjoyment I was getting.

My sled now is a dinosaur - but I paid 9k for it - with less than 300 miles and 3 years of full warranty.

I've gotten more than my money's worth on it - but now the replacement dollars are extreme and until the time comes when I can actually ride - it'll be in the garage

• Like 2

Sadly anyone riding a Yamaha will be calling their sled a dinosaur. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

I do it the other way. I let eveyrone else eat the depreciation. I keep money ready and scour kijiji daily. 

I lost money on one sled and made on all the others. Im ahead a lot right now on all my purchases

Only one i didnt care what i was doing was with my Mach. I wanted that sled regardless of dollars.

Kudos to you, that’s great to be able to say that, I personally won’t spend much time or effort searching for deals, I’ll look of course when I’m ready to buy, then make a decision and pull trigger….i don’t think I have the patience to look and hold out for something I’m ready to buy. 

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

I used to replace every year or two - back then it wasn't much to do that and the cost was fair for the use/enjoyment I was getting.

My sled now is a dinosaur - but I paid 9k for it - with less than 300 miles and 3 years of full warranty.

I've gotten more than my money's worth on it - but now the replacement dollars are extreme and until the time comes when I can actually ride - it'll be in the garage

What sort of miles do you have on that retro?

55 minutes ago, Re:Leaf said:

Sadly anyone riding a Yamaha will be calling their sled a dinosaur. 

Or a collectors item !!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, stoney said:

What sort of miles do you have on that retro?

Over 5 - less than 6.

Can't recall exact #

10 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Over 5 - less than 6.

Can't recall exact #

Lots of life left in the 800 then. 
perhaps your sons next ride and you get back on a POO, when we get winters again and time permits. 

5 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Over 5 - less than 6.

Can't recall exact #

Like my daughter and SIL - they love sledding, but Winter is Hockey Time, so the sleds sit. Hockey thru the March break. They also like dirt biking, but Spring and Summer hockey start up by the end of April just as the trails open. Grandson is going to be a well traveled, super experienced beer league player in 5 or 6 years. Not sure that life style is worth it for the lad.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, stoney said:

Or a collectors item !!

True. Dinosaurs are extinct and unfortunately Yamaha sleds will be too, but I will definitely own one. 

I'm looking at a new 23 polaris.

Good deal so far but waiting for a better one.

The big rebates will be over at the end of March and will re-start again in Sept/Oct according to my BRP Dealer.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stoney said:

Kudos to you, that’s great to be able to say that, I personally won’t spend much time or effort searching for deals, I’ll look of course when I’m ready to buy, then make a decision and pull trigger….i don’t think I have the patience to look and hold out for something I’m ready to buy. 

I get it. I enjoy the hunt. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, soupkids said:

I'm looking at a new 23 polaris.

Good deal so far but waiting for a better one.

What's deal. I found a 22 vr1 with 100 miles and warranty until Dec 2025. 
nice xcr near you too with about same amount of miles. 2023 too. All private deals. 

37 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

What's deal. I found a 22 vr1 with 100 miles and warranty until Dec 2025. 
nice xcr near you too with about same amount of miles. 2023 too. All private deals. 

23 adventure 850, 3 year warranty,  $21000 out the door.

That was 2 weeks ago.

I was waiting til the 25 release to see if anything went lower.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, scottyr said:

The big rebates will be over at the end of March and will re-start again in Sept/Oct according to my BRP Dealer.   

You would think that they would increase the rebates on the 2023s and 2024s after April 1 so as help get rid of old stock instead of dealers sitting on them and paying 12% interest for another 8 months. BRP is very strange however.

6 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

You would think that they would increase the rebates on the 2023s and 2024s after April 1 so as help get rid of old stock instead of dealers sitting on them and paying 12% interest for another 8 months. BRP is very strange however.

No one buying any way's really. I figure there will be some big rebates next Winter too if snow checks a fail. No way dealers will be able to take full amount of  25, with 24 and 23's still in stock 😳. I bet rebates come in august and  early September  to try and move old stock before 25's arrive? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Nope.    The “rebate budget” gets moved to ATVs and SXS.     The sled business gets put on the back burner by all OEMs over the summer.    

Truthfully, no one is buying anything at any price today.    

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

With 7s? 

Yes

On 3/6/2024 at 7:02 AM, Baylaker said:

We were originally planning on a 650 Polaris for weight reasons, but that 650 is roughly 508lbs vs the Doo at 528lbs. I don’t think she’ll notice the 20lbs. 
The doo is $1k more than the poo, but has a four stroke that should outlast the 650 engine no problem. I don’t see the point in 2 strokes anymore due to having to rebuild them eventually. 
I’m not the kind of guy that trades up every 2nd or 3rd year, I like to keep them for a long time.  
My viper has 15,000kms on it and doesn’t owe me anything. I’ll likely get another 15km out of it before I get rid of it. I’m hoping for the same experience with another 4 stroke. 
I love the viper, but can’t justify spending $22k+++ for the wife.
Honestly, I’d just get the 900 if I knew for certain I wasn’t going to ride it! 

Leftover 2024 should be under 18k.

I saw new 2023 Indy 850s for $13995 + freight at the dealer in Timmins a few weeks ago.  

Why buy a used sled when you can get brand new for that price?

• Like 4

12 hours ago, scottyr said:

Truthfully, no one is buying anything at any price today.    

First thing to go when the economy tanks is... Recreation. The ones that get used the least go first. Organized sledding is in deep trouble. Ski

• Like 2
  • Sad 1