Weather

49 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Just got up here now. 

Low snow cover on everything and hot weather for next week. Even if we got cold and snow next week it would be two weeks before we could open trails. Thats 3rd week in Feb,,,,,,,,,,,,,

It’s done UTS, get the boat out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Just got up here now. 

Low snow cover on everything and hot weather for next week. Even if we got cold and snow next week it would be two weeks before we could open trails. Thats 3rd week in Feb,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Where is here? Ski

My bud riding in Quebec says it was getting soft today and thin in some corners  ,I think Trudeau is behind this as he wants electric sleds 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Muskoka Man said:

My bud riding in Quebec says it was getting soft today and thin in some corners  ,I think Trudeau is behind this as he wants electric sleds 

God! Please don't let him know there are snowmobile trails in Canada!  That dud e is beyond his expiry date.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

God! Please don't let him know there are snowmobile trails in Canada!  That dud e is beyond his expiry date.

Alternatives aren't great. You know goat is on drugs too and he go to bed with yours truly and go eeehawww we win over pee pee 😎

13 hours ago, Muskoka Man said:

He’ll definitely be pushing the climate change narrative after this winter

18 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

He’ll definitely be pushing the climate change narrative after this winter

So does that mean the 200 or so billion being spent of our tax money on climate change is not working.....maybe 400 billion is the magic number where we will see some return on the waste......

• Like 3

On 2/2/2024 at 11:58 AM, UsedtoSkidoo said:

I may take the Harley out today

I am seriously thinking of getting my C8 out on Thursday and driving it for a couple of days while it is 9-11c.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I am seriously thinking of getting my C8 out on Thursday and driving it for a couple of days while it is 9-11c.  

Lots of sand and salt on the roads, paint chips and corroded aluminum, are not a badge of honor. Take some pride in your toys. :D

Says that while desperately wanting to drag the boat a hundred miles to fish river walleye. I can wait a few more weeks. (I hope) Ski

1 hour ago, skidooboy said:

Lots of sand and salt on the roads, paint chips and corroded aluminum, are not a badge of honor. Take some pride in your toys. :D

Says that while desperately wanting to drag the boat a hundred miles to fish river walleye. I can wait a few more weeks. (I hope) Ski

We have had no sand on the roads down here this year.     Chances are I will chicken out but I saw a Lambo cruising around Guelph yesterday.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stoney said:

So does that mean the 200 or so billion being spent of our tax money on climate change is not working.....maybe 400 billion is the magic number where we will see some return on the waste......

Well, the more the earth warms, the less we need heat, to idle vehicles, etc, and pollute, so really we should be embracing it .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wildman said:

I'm riding my dirt bike this weekend, should be beauty

might get my side by side out and rip around some logging rds 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wildman said:

I'm riding my dirt bike this weekend, should be beauty

Gopher Dunes open this weekend too. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, stoney said:

Taxed on top of the tax, it only makes sense 🤷🏼‍♂️

Poop for brains is an understatement…

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Gopher Dunes open this weekend too. 

That looks like a cool place - nice to see some still exist!

Is that the home track for your boy, any other places you frequent.

I booked a Gaspie trip for the end of next week tonight wasn’t planning on going there this year but it’s time to do something before it’s over 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, MXZMike said:

Up to +12 in Mississauga on Friday and Sunny.  This is really bizarre,.

+6 in Cochrane.  I can't remember the last time it was that warm up there in February.

1999. I believe. I got rained out in north bay this time of year. Not as bad as this year  up to now but after rain it never came back. That was end of sledding season. Got 300 miles on before rain ruined it. Stopped at deer hurst on way home that year it was real bad. Everyone was packing up going home or taking chance to go to Cochrane. 

I saw 3 bikes on the road this afternoon. There will be more out tomorrow.

I may bring my old truck home so I can get some work done on it. Day time highs above zero here until Tuesday and no snow.

More pictures on Facebook from Cochrane today. Lots of mud and brown snow. People are asking how the trails are even open.

Crazy winter.

On 2/6/2024 at 6:10 PM, Spiderman said:

It’s done UTS, get the boat out.

East side launch in Owen Sound has had use all winter and I've been working on rigging a new to me boat for the last week. To early for me though. Still tons of salt around here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I saw 3 bikes on the road this afternoon. There will be more out tomorrow.

I may bring my old truck home so I can get some work done on it. Day time highs above zero here until Tuesday and no snow.

More pictures on Facebook from Cochrane today. Lots of mud and brown snow. People are asking how the trails are even open.

Crazy winter.

I seen bikes too. This is similar to 1999 just a tad warmer. It was second warmest winter on record. Wonder if this one will top it? 

8 hours ago, 1049 said:

I booked a Gaspie trip for the end of next week tonight wasn’t planning on going there this year but it’s time to do something before it’s over 

Any trouble finding rooms? How big of a group?

15 hours ago, stoney said:

That looks like a cool place - nice to see some still exist!

Is that the home track for your boy, any other places you frequent.

It’s one we like to go to because it’s no too far, they have a couple tracks and trails too.

We like the 15 Practice track during the week as it’s close, fun, and not busy, good one after school/work and before dark.

also enjoy moto park and swiona when time allows it.

• Like 1