Weather

Sorry dated Monday Jan 22

one good thing with south ,doesnt take much snow to open .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

I am thinking its almost a better idea to have the sleds down here than in Huntsville- seems this area -or the area just north of KW -etc. - can turn and be able to be rideable so quickly - given my very limited schedule - that might be better

seeing and hearing the reports of guys riding this southern area is great to see. 
there is a large fan base there and so many talks over the years of why there are clubs and equipment there, but here you go, went from zero to open trails in a few days!

it can happen again, regardless of date on calendar, time will tell. 

• Like 9

Yes, the clubs did an amazing job to open in a few days! The terrain is a huge part, unlike in the Muskoka's with all the rocks and swamps.

Every day for the next 14 above zero in Southern Ontario.    Even Cochrane has some above freezing days next.   

I am going to Quebec next week and Wed-Fri are 2-3c.    

Crazy season.     It’s going to thin the herd of snowmobilers next year for sure.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, scottyr said:

Every day for the next 14 above zero in Southern Ontario.    Even Cochrane has some above freezing days next.   

I am going to Quebec next week and Wed-Fri are 2-3c.    

Crazy season.     It’s going to thin the herd of snowmobilers next year for sure.  

Maybe not! Those wanting out are going to have to give their sleds away. There are already hundreds of good sleds at great prices for sale in southern Ontario. Adding more on the supply side can only further hurt resale prices. Might be better to just keep the sled(s) and adjust your sledding expectations. A rider who has been sledding 4-6000 km per year, might only only get 2-2500 km this year. Similar ratio applies to the more casual low km rider. I had an enjoyable warm up of 70 km out of Fergus last Friday afternoon. Yesterday, out of Elmira, I got another 160 km in decent trail conditions down your way with Mr and Mrs Woodsy. Must embrace small victories like that and stop griping. I guess that's a lot easier to do when I'm not over invested in equipment or emotional anticipation. I will get north a couple of times and that might be all she wrote, but sign me up for the  2025 trail pass as soon as its available. We have always heard that diversification is the key to a financial portfolio. Same for powersports - have something ready to play with come April and use it. Key to happiness!

• Like 11

Ya i missed out on some riding in southern Ontario yesterday having my sled up north but it'll come. Its great when the south is open as it takes pressure off northern trails. Freezing rain in port sydney now and the hydro just flickered a while ago. We'll see some hydro out tonight i bet with all that heavy snow in the trees still. Grab some gas for the genny if you havent yet. 

• Like 1

White to green over night.

we can just move along to summer now, it’s time to flush this winter good-bye.

• Like 1

we lost some here in Port Sydney 

PXL_20240126_165305050.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

PXL_20240118_143257799.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Feeling pretty good about the decision on the rink I am sure.

See the odd person around here that did there's, dont think I have seen them used yet though. 

4 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Jeez all this rain in Muskoka..............I cant imagine Kearney wont close the trails preemptively

Would have thought so as well with the mild temps and all, but for the most part not much rainfall in the Almaguin area so far. Surely not a great looking winter fun forecast tho, haven't even bothered to peel back the stickers on trail passes yet.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Flush that's clever. I have a feeling big douce flush is coming and that be it! 
next weekend could go either way by looks of models. Wait and see what mother toilet brings us 😆

Currently snowing in northern Haliburton 

20240127_134644.jpg

20240127_130129.jpg

20240127_110408.jpg

20240127_134644.jpg

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, stonehaven said:

Currently snowing in northern Haliburton 

20240127_134644.jpg

20240127_130129.jpg

20240127_110408.jpg

20240127_134644.jpg

How is the ice? 

Slushy along  the shore but better in the middle. 

Finding anywhere from 5-8"

10" inches  there and my yamaha 4 stroke wasn't on it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1