Sled prices falling large ?

528rick

In Quebec right now doing the Cote Nord. This morning stopped into the Ski Doo dealer in Baie Comeau. There was 137 new sleds on site still in the crate. 
No idea how many the dealer would sell in a normal but that is a crazy amount of sleds  to carry over

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

A grand off a new 24 isn't going to cut it .(SKIDOO)

• Like 2

I was at Polaris dealer in Belleville last week.  They had about 200 new and used sleds in inventory.  

Dealers are upside down on a lot of the early trades from last year snow check. 

• Like 1

700 is a lot.. That's not going to move unless it's 3-5K off and I doubt they can do that.  Add in the new sleds they have to buy for the fall and it could get interesting.. Some dealer may not have the cash on hand to be able to buy their allotment for this year.

From what a few posted each dealer is expected to buy X amount of sleds.

Mike

• Like 1

Dealers will have to do something real soon. Sell for less or sit on inventory and interest charges all summer.

These dealers are huge around Montreal and Valcourt. Many of the BRP employees from the factory deal with these guys.

9 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Dealers will have to do something real soon. Sell for less or sit on inventory and interest charges all summer.

These dealers are huge around Montreal and Valcourt. Many of the BRP employees from the factory deal with these guys.

They'll move them - the interest isn't cheap and with nothing coming in the door........

Free up cash - get rid of them!

14 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

When we were in Saguenay 2 weeks ago a local said 1 dealer had 270 sleds and another near Montreal had 700

My BRP guy told me that Contant Group had a fleet customer back out on 400+ units in the fall and BRP was trying to help them move them to other dealers.    

Luckily, the owners of that group are Bombardier Family members so money shouldnt be a big issue.    

There are plenty of dealers in Ontario with 75+ units still in stock.   

BRP will have no choice but to extend the flooring on 24s until Dec 31.   

17 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I see a lot of people still asking silly prices. Some have been for sale since last spring. The guy with the Doo 850 turbo in Guelph has had it listed since the fall. Looks like it never turned the track.

But I've seen a couple dealers blowing out used. Tri-City Cycle listed a '22 Polaris 850 with 7500 kms for $9900 last week.

Nice did that one have 7s display. 

33 minutes ago, signfan said:

What fleet customer buys 400 units?  That's a huge order.

Tour companies.    Its a HUGE business in Quebec.     They buy thousands of new machines every year.    Contant Group will sell over 1000 machines every year to tour companies.   

The dealer in St Michel has 2-3 customized 52 ft trailers to deliver units to the outfitters. 

5 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Nice did that one have 7s display. 

I don’t know. This is not the sled I seen last week but it looks like a deal to me.

IMG_7466.png

• Like 1

Blue book value on used sleds dropped huge in last 4 months. The numbers on clean 24' trades is crazy!

• Like 1

I saw that ad last week.     Great deal but if its not sold, I think that tells you that machines are just not selling regardless of price.  

3 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Only one he has in inventory. 

IMG_5596.png

It is same sled I zoomed into license plate and read numbers.  Wierd thing is guage on cheaper one shows 7000 ish km's and he states on this one it's only 2200 ish km's. Not sure what game he is playing. Hook and switch to get people to come in. 

9 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

It is same sled I zoomed into license plate and read numbers.  Wierd thing is guage on cheaper one shows 7000 ish km's and he states on this one it's only 2200 ish km's. Not sure what game he is playing. Hook and switch to get people to come in. 

IMG_5598.png

IMG_5599.png

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I should go back in tomorrow and offer 9200 for it 😎

But you won’t.  😂😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10