Permits

signfan

6 hours ago, Re:Leaf said:

Who is the “big farmer guy” in the video? 

That's Graham Snyder. He's my neighbour, 1/4 mile up the road outside Kitchener.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Only good thing more and more farmers are avoiding wheat crops in the rotation. Not all but there is allot less wheat out there currently then 10 years ago. 

okay inquiring minds need to know why?

IDK .. yields have been getting up there.

Hitting 100bu/acre with more regularity these days.

5 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Only good thing more and more farmers are avoiding wheat crops in the rotation. Not all but there is allot less wheat out there currently then 10 years ago. 

The following is from a Canadian Press article dated April 26, 2023:

Canadian farmers are expecting to plant the largest wheat crop in more than two decades this year amid strong demand for wheat.

70c8fc80

Statistics Canada said Wednesday that farmers anticipate planting 23 million acres of wheat, up 6.2 per cent from the previous year.

According to the federal agency’s report on principal field crop areas, the anticipated grow this possibly due to favourable prices and strong demand for wheat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

War in Ukraine more like.

Ukraine typically is a large producer for wheat. 

(Russian breadbasket)

3 hours ago, Ox said:

IDK .. yields have been getting up there.

Hitting 100bu/acre with more regularity these days.

Ya, I have no clue, it was just a stab in the dark. 
according to PLC, not the situation apparently. 

9 minutes ago, Ox said:

War in Ukraine more like.

Ukraine typically is a large producer for wheat. 

(Russian breadbasket)

The article went on to say that.

• Like 1

Again... Spewing crap he knows less than anyone about. Sad really. Ski

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

The following is from a Canadian Press article dated April 26, 2023:

Canadian farmers are expecting to plant the largest wheat crop in more than two decades this year amid strong demand for wheat.

70c8fc80

Statistics Canada said Wednesday that farmers anticipate planting 23 million acres of wheat, up 6.2 per cent from the previous year.

According to the federal agency’s report on principal field crop areas, the anticipated grow this possibly due to favourable prices and strong demand for wheat.

Not in Ontario though. Lots are doing just corn and bean rotations because of higher returns or higher land prices and rents. Wheat acres in Ontario last year where just over 1 million. 5 year running average js 3.0 million acres. I can rember 4 or 5 million acres of wheat in Ontario 20 years ago. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Not in Ontario though. Lots are doing just corn and bean rotations because of higher returns or higher land prices and rents. Wheat acres in Ontario last year where just over 1 million. 5 year running average js 3.0 million acres. I can rember 4 or 5 million acres of wheat in Ontario 20 years ago. 

From  Syngenta Canada:

Record Large Winter Wheat Area for Ontario 

Market newsDecember 08, 2022

Ontario producers have seeded a record-large area to winter wheat for harvest in 2023. 

Statistics Canada’s crop production report last week pegged Ontario winter wheat seeded area at 1.344 million acres, up more than 400,000 acres or 44.5% from the 930,300 acres planted in the autumn of 2021. If accurate, it would top the previous high of 1.275 million acres that were planted in the fall of 2007 for harvest in 2008. 

• Thanks 3

Here in Heart of Ontario Club we have many farmer properties we ride. Several are planting winter wheat this season than in the past.

Jerry

Ordered gift cards tonight. I was on the fence about Ontario passes but thought i would regret it if I didn’t been buying since 1988

• Like 4

On 10/30/2023 at 7:40 PM, 1049 said:

Ordered gift cards tonight. I was on the fence about Ontario passes but thought i would regret it if I didn’t been buying since 1988

You know you would be sad, If you didnt come visit us at least once. Ski

For the 1st time in pretty much forever, I did not order a permit.    Thats not to say that I wont at some point, but I am planning on riding in Quebec as much as possible this year.    I may just roll the dice and pay the $80 more mid Jan if it looks like can ride locally.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

For the 1st time in pretty much forever, I did not order a permit.    Thats not to say that I wont at some point, but I am planning on riding in Quebec as much as possible this year.    I may just roll the dice and pay the $80 more mid Jan if it looks like can ride locally.    

I havent bought on either yet.  We wrecked a sled last year on day 2 of 3 that the trails were open local.  Havent replaced it yet, and my barn doesnt allow for a trip north. After a few too many years of only 3 day trails open, i decided to wait and see what Jan does as well.

1 hour ago, skidooboy said:

1 hour ago, skidooboy said:

You are absolutely right Ski I get sad just thinking about it lol.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

If i cant sled out of my cottage they go up for sale. So I ordered them 

If I could only ride from home, I wouldnt have a sled.     We are lucky to get 1 or 2 weekends a season where our trails are open.    Its actually easier for me to just book 3 long weekends off on my calendar and go than it is for me to take a random Sunday and go for a ride. 

That being said, by me not buying a permit pretty much guaranteed awesome trails in Perth County this winter.    

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Dave K said:

I havent bought on either yet.  We wrecked a sled last year on day 2 of 3 that the trails were open local.  Havent replaced it yet, and my barn doesnt allow for a trip north. After a few too many years of only 3 day trails open, i decided to wait and see what Jan does as well.

I seriously thought about just getting day permits for our second sled BUT you have to buy 2 days minimum so if we use it on 2 different weekends it would cost about the same as the permit so the second seasonal is ordered.

2 hours ago, scottyr said:

That being said, by me not buying a permit pretty much guaranteed awesome trails in Perth County this winter.    

They will be awesome, until the day after I decide I will buy a permit, then it will rain. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2