Sled Insurance

Caistor Farm Boy

Hey All, Just got me renewal, 22 Ski-Doo Renegade 600.  l have it with a Farm Mutual for simplicity. 600 for the year, seems high but so does everything else!

Is that about right or any suggestions on companies?

57 minutes ago, Caistor Farm Boy said:

Hey All, Just got me renewal, 22 Ski-Doo Renegade 600.  l have it with a Farm Mutual for simplicity. 600 for the year, seems high but so does everything else!

Is that about right or any suggestions on companies?

Seems a little high but not drastically. Without knowing more details hard to compare too.
I say if you have full coverage and average deductibles,  it’s an average rate for that machine. Ontly thing you might be able to adjust if value of snowmobile. Make sure you aren’t over insuring it, since they just give you book value anyway’s. Adjust thst down from new value might save 75 bucks or so. 

• Like 2

I paid $700 for my 23 Renegade 850 XRS with full coverage last year thru Desjardins.   I am 51 yrs old and live in rural Ontario.    No tickets but unfortunately 2 not at fault claims in the last 3 years.    

I refuse to give any money to TD Insurance.     

• Like 2

If you're full coverage on that sled - it's reasonable.

Without knowing full details - hard to compare.

I've been with TD over 10 years.

Premium for coverage provided is better than anywhere else I have shopped.

No claims - so no personal experience on that end - but it's an OAP - process is simple and I am not concerned about it as I know how to handle a claim :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m with Intact for my home/auto/camper/SxS. Intact is way lower for everything but sleds. Sleds are with TD. 
Not sure why Intact can’t come close to TD as they underwrite all the FMCQ sled insurance. 

15 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

I’m with Intact for my home/auto/camper/SxS. Intact is way lower for everything but sleds. Sleds are with TD. 
Not sure why Intact can’t come close to TD as they underwrite all the FMCQ sled insurance. 

2 totally different insurance products.

I am with TD, full coverage on a 2010 tnt 1200 and a 2022 850 renegade . $1200 combined for the year.

Been with TD for 13 years, since they had the best rates for the TNT 1200.

• Like 1

Thanks All, Yes full coverage with clean record, 60 years old. Appreciate the in-put seems like a ok deal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

I pay $516 tax in  a year for full coverage on my 22 Titan with Desjardins

Guessing they figure some old fart rides that sled, what could happen.....lol

6 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

I pay 700+ for two all in with TD

Mach and 900 Ace

That seems like a really good price for two with full coverage.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stoney said:

That seems like a really good price for two with full coverage.

I have everything with them for the last 30 years.

2 hours ago, stoney said:

It's how I stay under the radar

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, signfan said:

TD are crooks.  Will never deal with them again.

Bad experience on a claim? 
Some people have a great experience with td and others it’s a cluster cluck. I personally like having a broker since he get best payout and service possible. Td woukdnt touch my four wheeler because it’s used commercial on my farm. Go figure. I have everything with a broker now except snowmobile. Seems most companies don’t want sleds is half problem. 

26 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Bad experience on a claim? 
Some people have a great experience with td and others it’s a cluster cluck. I personally like having a broker since he get best payout and service possible. Td woukdnt touch my four wheeler because it’s used commercial on my farm. Go figure. I have everything with a broker now except snowmobile. Seems most companies don’t want sleds is half problem. 

Yep.  Was robbed.  Lost two sleds and a trailer from our driveway. Trailer was with another insurer and we had no issues settling things up.  Settled on my sled with few issues with one claims adjuster from TD.  She was great and we came to a fair deal in short order.  Wife's sled was another story.  Different adjuster and she had a stick up her arse.  After I provided numerous comparables and went back and forth for 6 plus weeks in what I felt was a respectful professional manner we finally came to an agreement that was fair.  Figured it was dealt with despite her best efforts to make me the guy that got robbed (the victim) feel like the bad guy.

Went shopping several months later. Bought  the replacement sled for my wife and called TD from the road on the way home to put coverage in place.  At that point, they told me they wouldn't insure me again.  Apparently the adjuster red flagged me.  No discussion.  No mention of it.  I was shocked.  

Been with L and A mutual ever since.  Pay a touch more, but I know I'm properly covered.  Had one claim at our cottage when tree blew on the dock in a wind storm.  Night and day difference working through the claim process.  You get what you pay for.  I will never deal with TD again for anything (banking, insurance, etc).  Real example of how not to treat your customers.  The adjustor may think she won, but I have and will continue to tell everyone I know what TD can be like.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, signfan said:

Yep.  Was robbed.  Lost two sleds and a trailer from our driveway. Trailer was with another insurer and we had no issues settling things up.  Settled on my sled with few issues with one claims adjuster from TD.  She was great and we came to a fair deal in short order.  Wife's sled was another story.  Different adjuster and she had a stick up her arse.  After I provided numerous comparables and went back and forth for 6 plus weeks in what I felt was a respectful professional manner we finally came to an agreement that was fair.  Figured it was dealt with despite her best efforts to make me the guy that got robbed (the victim) feel like the bad guy.

Went shopping several months later. Bought  the replacement sled for my wife and called TD from the road on the way home to put coverage in place.  At that point, they told me they wouldn't insure me again.  Apparently the adjuster red flagged me.  No discussion.  No mention of it.  I was shocked.  

Been with L and A mutual ever since.  Pay a touch more, but I know I'm properly covered.  Had one claim at our cottage when tree blew on the dock in a wind storm.  Night and day difference working through the claim process.  You get what you pay for.  I will never deal with TD again for anything (banking, insurance, etc).  Real example of how not to treat your customers.  The adjustor may think she won, but I have and will continue to tell everyone I know what TD can be like.

Is there not an internal avenue that you can take to challenge something like that so a bad apple like this can be dealt with or at least exercise an avenue to try and deal with that?

3 hours ago, signfan said:

I'm sure many have had the same experience with other providers also. Your'e not alone.

14 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

I'm sure many have had the same experience with other providers also. Your'e not alone.

Exactly, just takes one a$$ at any company to do that.

I think why I would be inclined to make an issue of it, I guess depends on my mood and what’s going on in life at the time.