Yamaha to stop producing snowmobiles after 2025 season

LuvMyViper

17 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Wedge and Edge were great on the water

I could run Dorset all day quarter throttle on my Pro X 600

I found out  that a skidoo rev wasnt as good as the old indy chassis.....................Didnt go down but was so close

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Too bad Yamaha done

. I remember sponge Bob sinking his skidoo in channel beteeen joe and ros and someone on an Yamaha apex comes plowing thru water as he swims towards shore. Was a near miss that day and yes wontonne made it back onto solid ice 🤣. Good old days. 

That was me, sorry!

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

The Yammie probably sank shortly after. They don't do water skipping well at all. Need an old Indy to have a great skipper.

My Apex was fantastic on water. Ram Dorset a couple times and the Port Sandfield bridge was a common occurrence. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, zoso said:

There are some very very nice and solid all welded aluminum hulls for big water. King Fisher, Henley, and many others. In BC you see many on the big water. A .01 riveted aluminum is the most basic small lake fishing hull, they used to be even thinner. Lund a premium priced brand still uses rivets. Pass.

What exactly is a ".01" rivet or alum?

Shirley you don't mean .010" thick material?

Tha'd be a bloody Dr. Pepper can!

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

Never owned a Ford but that aluminum body does have some strong points like slower oxidation then steel 😎

GM  used to make some of their bumpers out of aluminum to save weight in the 70's/80's. Dissimilar metal corrosion sets in, nasty stuff. Give them Fords a bit of time and watch what happens

• Thanks 1

you need to protect them with a lanolin (fluid film, woolwax, surface shield), or petroleum based corrosion inhibitor yearly. they do not come from the factory "rust proof". we spend close to 100,000 on these things now, in some cases. take a few hours, and less than 100 a year, and coat everything that isnt the exhaust, and brakes. otherwise after a few years of salt, brine, beet juice on the roads, they will be a rust hole, shitty looking paperweight. Ski 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, crispy said:

Ive had good luck with Krown yearly. The theory is that it rinses through which is evident by all the black staining at the seams. Its a bit ugly my wife doesn't care for it but it makes the trucks last

It works my jeep Liberty 2002 with 325,000 km’s and on winter roads every year, is in brand new shape body wise. 
I do foam salt spray then application in spring. Leave vehicle in cold all winter no heated garage helps too 😎

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

It works my jeep Liberty 2002 with 325,000 km’s and on winter roads every year, is in brand new shape body wise. 
I do foam salt spray then application in spring. Leave vehicle in cold all winter no heated garage helps too 😎

I went to pinery with it since it need to go for a drive. I just leave winter tires on it all year now. Mostly stored in summer months but it’s easier to back trailer into sites with jeep. 

IMG_5003.png

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Yep, I have cases of Fluid Film I'm about to use on the new Mega Cab!

Have a look at Princess Auto. 
You can buy a sprayer for $25.00 and buy the fluid film by the gallon. Save moucho denero's

• Like 2

Kellsport pro gun and a gallon (kit) goes a long way. approx 150 usd, then when you need another gallon of sprayable material it is like 50 bucks. Ski