My season is over

soupkids

My season ended last week when my 18 800 polaris blew up, wouldn't go into reverse.

Took it to the dealer and it blowed up real good.

PTO piston skirt let go and got munched by the crank, motor it toast apparently.

Going to put a CV tech shirt block in it.

It blew with 9500 miles on it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

I put a new track on it last season so 3k on a new engine is a lot cheaper the 20k on a new sled

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, soupkids said:

I put a new track on it last season so 3k on a new engine is a lot cheaper the 20k on a new sled

Your wife stealing your login and account - that there is sensibility talking…:rotflmao:

Just shy 10k miles isn’t bad on a 2 smoke, likely was overdue for a freshen up / inspection anyways, but sucks none the less. 

• Like 1

My buddy is an ex-Polaris dealer and still is a very good tech.    He always said that you were on borrowed time after 6000 miles on those 800s.    

Broken skirt is the issue 90% of the time when they let go.   

My season is over as well but for a different reason.    I sold my sled and it was picked up by the new owner today.  

IMG_3620.jpeg

• Like 8

4 hours ago, scottyr said:

My season is over as well but for a different reason.    I sold my sled and it was picked up by the new owner today.  

IMG_3620.jpeg

sweet looking sled 

6 hours ago, scottyr said:

IMG_3620.jpeg

That didn’t take long. Seen it on marketplace. Beautiful machine and very well priced. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

X2. New 2 strokes run pretty lean, which hurts durability it seems. Wonder how long 650 would last? 

When I was in Cochrane last week stopped to help a person stranded with a 23 Polaris 650. It had quit on him. Had to give him the bad news that he lost a cylinder. Haven’t heard of many 650’s going down but like any it happens. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ski-dog said:

When I was in Cochrane last week stopped to help a person stranded with a 23 Polaris 650. It had quit on him. Had to give him the bad news that he lost a cylinder. Haven’t heard of many 650’s going down but like any it happens. 

That’s a first that I’ve heard, new crap breaks too. 

1 hour ago, ski-dog said:

How did he get it out of there? 

9 hours ago, T bird said:

That didn’t take long. Seen it on marketplace. Beautiful machine and very well priced. 

Thanks!   It was a mint sled and I thought it was priced fairly for all parties.    People need to realize that COVID pricing is over.   

It served me well.    Now I can put the money back in the bank for 9 months, cancel my insurance and not have to deal with storing it anywhere for the summer.    

• Like 3

At least it happened at the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Thanks!   It was a mint sled and I thought it was priced fairly for all parties.    People need to realize that COVID pricing is over.   

It served me well.    Now I can put the money back in the bank for 9 months, cancel my insurance and not have to deal with storing it anywhere for the summer.    

Hey Scott, do you save much canceling insurance this time of year? I keep 4 stroke sleds now for years, but when I sold my 2015 sled in the spring of 2017, canceling the insurance only got me about a $20 refund. State Farm said that the insurance was pro rated with 90% used up Dec - March inclusive. 

1 minute ago, tricky said:

Hey Scott, do you save much canceling insurance this time of year? I keep 4 stroke sleds now for years, but when I sold my 2015 sled in the spring of 2017, canceling the insurance only got me about a $20 refund. State Farm said that the insurance was pro rated with 90% used up Dec - March inclusive. 

I switched mine to monthly payment a little bit ago, before it was lump sum payment once a year - and if I cancel, I stop paying the monthly premium based on the annual yearly cycle.

53 minutes ago, tricky said:

My policy was $700 and the gal told me a few mins ago that my refund will be $250.    I am ok with that.   Its $250 more than I had yesterday.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

Really but new stuff is sky high still 🤔

it’s still selling do to payment plans. 

I really only care how much it costs me to use it for the season.   If there was a sled that was $30K but I knew that it would only cost me $1000 to ride it for the season, I would own it vs a $20K one that cost me $3K for the season.    

• Like 4

3 hours ago, tricky said:

Depends on the inception/cancellation dates

2 hours ago, scottyr said:

I really only care how much it costs me to use it for the season.   If there was a sled that was $30K but I knew that it would only cost me $1000 to ride it for the season, I would own it vs a $20K one that cost me $3K for the season.    

taxes on 30k is almost 4 k ,you must have a way around that ??

59 minutes ago, wrightonalan said:

taxes on 30k is almost 4 k ,you must have a way around that ??

I run it through my company.    I do have to charge HST when I sell it though.  

Its all above board.    Nothing shady about it.  

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I run it through my company.    I do have to charge HST when I sell it though.  

Its all above board.    Nothing shady about it.  

i think i might have bought a sled from you a while ago ,2001 mxz 600 ,it was at end of season .Great deal at the time ,was a good sled too !!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, scottyr said:

I seen your ad. Very fair pricing.

Ive been watching ads for a month. Also got a quote from the dealer.

Some of these people are asking the same for a 2 year old sled as it is to buy new.