Dealership Deals

andreyboater

41 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

That's not such a great deal for the dealerships. They are financing the inventory they have on hand and paying interest on it while it sits over the summer months and having to have the space to store it.

Skidoo it seems may not care about things like that. They also dictate to the dealers how much inventory they have to take each year. Years ago the Wasaga skidoo dealer had a really bad sales year due to no snow and essentially sold only a few sleds of the inventory they had on hand. The next year skidoo told them here's the number of sleds you will be taking for this year. He explained how much left over inventory he had from last year, the lack of space etc. They didn't care. He chose not to be a skidoo dealer anymore.

All I know is dealer I use now sell a good portion of sleds thru snow check. Last fall he traded with another dealer to get model I wanted. Price was good since I compared with super G and his dealer and it was very close. 

When i was last in dealer almost everything was gone and they said they had a good sales year. They are Avery good dealer and people like myself will travel an hour each way, to have a good experience. If I have a problem they will fix it quickly as they can. They even took parts off a new sled to keep me going, since coils from doo were back ordered in December. 

4 hours ago, 02Sled said:

That's not such a great deal for the dealerships. They are financing the inventory they have on hand and paying interest on it while it sits over the summer months and having to have the space to store it.

Skidoo it seems may not care about things like that. They also dictate to the dealers how much inventory they have to take each year. Years ago the Wasaga skidoo dealer had a really bad sales year due to no snow and essentially sold only a few sleds of the inventory they had on hand. The next year skidoo told them here's the number of sleds you will be taking for this year. He explained how much left over inventory he had from last year, the lack of space etc. They didn't care. He chose not to be a skidoo dealer anymore.

I don't blame the dealer for this. Auto dealers order a car or light truck and wait for it to be built. The factory doesn't build units for inventory. King of backwards in my ideas.

If Skidoo gives the best prices during the spring check, do they discount the sleds and the dealer discounts more ? I would expect dealer to take at least $1,500 of msrp of say an 850 mxz or renegade

10 hours ago, 02Sled said:

This is a fairly common story with dealerships of all stripes. Most important thing is to keep cash flowing, even if your not making anything just keep it flowing, turn sales at cost if need be but spin that product and dont store anything. Inventory storage is a 90's game and there aint no time or money for that cost nowadays

If anybody can recomed  a Polaris dealer for my new sled please put up contact info.

How far are you willing to travel. I have heard Marsh's Marina in Waubaushene is pretty good as a Polaris dealer. Not a sled but I bought a 14' aluminum boat from him once. I noticed some very slight seepage from under one of the floor ribs. I took it back and he simply replaced it for me.

I bought from Byers out of Orillia. Deal n transaction went extremely smooth, sled cleaned to perfection when I picked up , price was excellent,  PDI was a bit of a let down but not enough so that I would hesitate to buy there again.

27 minutes ago, snowchopper said:

Rickwards Polaris in Kearney gets my vote.

Seem to be good for sure

I’ve been dealing with the guys at Northgate in Gravenhurst and have really good to us. 

Byers Equipment-sales see Wynn or Performance Recreation for sales see Sean.    They loved him also. Great work and great bunch of guys.  If you're looking for prices, well they're all real close.  But if you are looking for great service in all departments than you won't go wrong with either one of these two.  Everything is done when they say and great service.  The guys are very anal about sleds too.

I've never dealt with Rickwards, but many friends up in that area do and did.

On 1/22/2018 at 12:41 PM, 02Sled said:

Spring time manufacturer clearance of surplus inventory. We saved huge on our two new Cats in April. Approx. $6K less than the msrp.

Rockland has the 7000 crosstreks on for 9999 right now, I doubt it gets any better than that. They are 17s and not 18s, but still 5k off.

2 hours ago, zoso said:

Rockland has the 7000 crosstreks on for 9999 right now, I doubt it gets any better than that. They are 17s and not 18s, but still 5k off.

A friend of mine tried to buy from them in the fall, before he knew it there was about 1800 in extra fees added to the purchase, non negotiable. needless to say he walked away from the deal.

32 minutes ago, whits-end said:

If I was shopping for Polaris it would be at Rickwards.  Known Rob Rickwards for many years and he's as honest as they come.

His son Mike is a real stand up guy as well. If we lived closer to them I would be still dealing with them. Northgate has been good to us the past couple of years.

Country Corners Cat in Exeter typically buys up a bunch of left over end of season factory inventory by the truck load and clears them out at great savings.

They also have been known to buy the demo sleds that Cat used for reps and some testing.  The owner used to work in TRF.  These sleds have no warranty so be ware.

BP

12 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

They also have been known to buy the demo sleds that Cat used for reps and some testing.  The owner used to work in TRF.  These sleds have no warranty so be ware.

BP

Ours were part of the truck load batch that they bought up that year. Full warranty, no hidden costs, great to deal with. They held on to them until the fall so I didn't have to worry about summer storage and to make my life easier I didn't have to pick them up. They put them on their last transport trailer load to the fall snowmobile show at the International Centre. I pulled my trailer up beside their trailer. The service manager went over the sleds with me and then loaded them on my trailer for me. That was minutes from home.

I had one warranty concern on one sled which they took care of for me with a while I wait appointment.

They're even consecutive serial numbers....

7 hours ago, Nunz said:

A friend of mine tried to buy from them in the fall, before he knew it there was about 1800 in extra fees added to the purchase, non negotiable. needless to say he walked away from the deal.

I have never been in there, but that is good to know. 1800 is steep. I would be ok with up to 800 if I get a belt and cover.

Remember the service, parts, accessary, 10hr etc for season....ask how may demo they have on the snow.  Saving a few hundred $ and touring to where ever to get your warranty. Pick your poison hopefully locally.  

Archived