MY BIG RANT!!!! it's time I speak up... We need new groomers

The Groomer Guy

This does suck ok! There are clubs here in the south with very nice equipment!. There are also clubs in the north that have very nice stuff also. Moonbeam etc! I have seem them personally..Seasons like the one we are experiencing this year, truly should make the OFSC rethink the distribution of new groomers and $$. Each year, clubs that are "picked" to receive new groomers should, but I think there should be some to send to clubs that are in need. I know some clubs in the south have sent machines north to help in low snow season's, this is also a good thing, and maybe more can be done with this.. We all know the sport has a lot of challenges, lets just hope all will work out for the clubs and volunteers.

I was thinking similar.... where are the clubs with groomers sitting idle. Step up and loan your groomer and perhaps even an operator or two. The old musketeers line "Alll for one and one for all"

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a person he is most likely a very good guy and the few times I have spoken with him indeed very personable. I am sure there are lots of people that call him friend. I don't dislike the man in any way. I just don't believe that he is the ideal spokesperson to be represented as the voice of snowmobiling. Similar to when conducting a job interview there are candidates you like for the job more than others. The intent of the comment was more to express the appreciation for what I see in your work as a refreshing perspective of what the average snowmobiler wants and needs to hear and as I see it more relevant to the average snowmobiler.  Just as corporations change spokespeople from time to time to stay relevant to the audience perhaps so should the OFSC.

I didn't intend it to be upsetting.

It's ok, we are all entitled to our opinions.  :)

tabernac...who is this guy with the old groomer in a snowstorm in the middle of nowhere

20160207_162942_zps8afgcm51.jpg

tabernac...who is this guy with the old groomer in a snowstorm in the middle of nowhere

Looks like a guy that goes off on Big Rants!!!!!   man was it ever snowing Last Saturday.  That's why the picture looks like that.... all of that snow coming down.    Funny thing of this picture I was on the plowed road because I could not climb the steep hill due to worn tires and track Cleats.... you guys got there when I had just backed up from not making the hill and having to by pass that section.

Luc u need new iron almost everywhere in the north......but lets go back a few yrs and the palace saying nobody trailers etc......there is clubs sitting on 2-3 groomers down here in the south WTF all these groomers sitting around are property of the OFSC so we are told....if so the OFSC should be moving some of those units around if areas are having problems... no reason not to this yr....we need to put new iron where winter usually has trails open 12-16 wks yearly...... :poke2: 

Tabrnac indeed. Who is the Big Bandito making the Groomer Guy turn out his pockets?

scott was checking permits & this guy was trying to get away with a classic,turns out it is a classic !

scott was checking permits & this guy was trying to get away with a classic,turns out it is a classic !

I tried to click "like" but got this:

post-22473-0-96128800-1455241878_thumb.jpg

Sorry to hijack this thread. Carry on with the RANT !!!!

Luc u need new iron almost everywhere in the north......but lets go back a few yrs and the palace saying nobody trailers etc......there is clubs sitting on 2-3 groomers down here in the south WTF all these groomers sitting around are property of the OFSC so we are told....if so the OFSC should be moving some of those units around if areas are having problems... no reason not to this yr....we need to put new iron where winter usually has trails open 12-16 wks yearly...... :poke2:

A big X2 Lep..

What would happen if we all buy trail passes next year in Luc's 13?

Would this move the needle in any appreciable

way?

A bunch of us from the south did that this year. What are the permit numbers at Luc. Has to be higher then last winter?

Luc I told you several years ago about a few people at the provincial level that liked to pretend to be your friend but were calling your club corrupt thieves behind your back. You never listenedmthen and now you are seeing what they really think of you.

Luc I told you several years ago about a few people at the provincial level that liked to pretend to be your friend but were calling your club corrupt thieves behind your back. You

never listenedmthen and now you are seeing

what they really think of you.

Government just doesn't care. There is power in people, which leads to votes. If Toronto had 3 months of winter and had snowmobile trails, we would have lots of support. I don't know what we can do to change it.

Government just doesn't care. There is power in people, which leads to votes. If Toronto had 3 months of winter and had snowmobile trails, we would have lots of support. I don't know what we can do to change it.

Provincial level of ofsc, not government.

Provincial level of ofsc, not government.

What tie does provincial level of OFSC have to do with grants from provincial government that seem to cater to the needs of GTA to stay in power. I just feel if GTA had three months of winter and had trails, Ontario would be better equal to Quebec or better funding.

If the "GTA had 3 months of winter and had trails" the provincial government would be made up of real people and not leftist, money-wasting wackos - and we as snowmobilers and all of Northern Ontario outdoors enthusiasts would have a voice.

What tie does provincial level of OFSC have to do with grants from provincial government that seem to cater to the needs of GTA to stay in power. I just feel if GTA had three months of winter and had trails, Ontario would be better equal to Quebec or better funding.

What does the provincial government have to do with Lucs club not getting a new groomer and having to idle,one? You quoted my post and brought up the province??

I just read elsewhere that District 1 agreed to defer the delivery of their new Groomer from OFSC and instead it was delivered to a northern District.

Good news.

And there should  be more going to help other areas, and the sooner the better!

I heard GEM club got a new Prinoth a couple days ago , they need one for sure 

The Sault Trailblazers received a new groomer on Saturday.  This is incredibly good news. Not sure when the decision was made to send one to the Sault.  We will find out at this Wednesday's meeting. 

post-22452-0-98807900-1455460366.jpg

Ill bet anything that Dubreuilville doesn't get one, if only to piss in Lucs' face, because he says what needs to be said ... I know that feeling. I don't kiss anyone's a$$ either and regret very little of it.

Archived