MY BIG RANT!!!! it's time I speak up... We need new groomers

The Groomer Guy

I taught I would share a rant I just did on my facebook page    I'm sure you guys will agree.  This rant will stir things up.

Here it is.

Copied from my Groomer Guy  Facebook page.

MAJOR RANT TIME!!!!!!

Ok you guys know me.... I'm PRO OFSC, I support the OFSC because we are the OFSC, I Support the new changes even though it directly right now hurts my club as we have to get rid of one of our groomers even though we have about 300kms of trails and have to do it with one old groomer, I get it is has to be done we need to progress into the future we have too many groomers in the system

Now why is it that out district has yet to get our new groomer? We are trying to comply we are told we do not meet the Criteria. ????? WTF???? We have 5 groomers down right now and I think it more like 6 now.... WE have one groomer waiting for a set of tracks but they are on back order and the old ones are holding by a tread, We have one groomer that needs 18,000 in repairs... we are a big district that are doing dam well and we are efficient, we control our spending, we work well together. We keep on hearing about Clubs/ Districts getting the new groomers some places don't even have snow or trails open and have shinning new groomers and we are here busting at the seams busting our ass trying to keep the trails open... struggling trying our dam best to make things work and we don't get our groomer because of some details? We parked the groomers we had to retire... Now don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the clubs and districts that got the new groomers I'm sincerely happy for you guys. I'm happy to see those groomers coming into the grooming fleet.

We need help and we need new groomers!!!!! it's the same Bull crap again look what happened with D16 and where they are now.... and D17 out there like they don't exist.... you never hear anything about them... it's like they are in their little world.... the Kid OFSC don't want or trying to ignore.

I have yet to open all the trails in my area, We only have one groomer and it keeps on breaking. Now we have lots of snow and cant keep up grooming the trails we have open as it snows every day. Our club use to have 3 groomers and now we are down to one for 300kms.... We had to get rid of one then this year a second one so that our District can get a new groomer and give it to a club that desperately need it.... Well we still don't have it.

Send us that Groomer and we will settle the details after, it will be done, stop the "Well you guys need to do this and well this is not right....." We need the groomer now not when the snow is melted.... what good will that make? a nice lawn ornament?

Look who has snow.... it's the north....

This is going to stir up some trouble I'm sure of it and I'm going to hear about it but I don't care...... you guys know me I say what I have to say. this will be the topic of conversations tomorrow and GOOD. Now anyone that sends me a email, text, a msg about this and tells me I should not say this and to remove this I will tell you where to go.... I'm not representing my club this is Luc The Groomer guy's RANT and this is freedom of speech for the REAL good of Snowmobiling in the Province of Ontario. There is barely 10,000kms of trail open in Ontario right now... lets get some new groomers on the snow and open up some trails for our riders and then we can sort things out after....

End of Rant... Good Night if they need a number for a float company to deliver that new groomer We will gladly provide it and send the truck over to pick it up. I'm sure I'm forgetting something and will have to add something later lol

Over and Out

keep on grooming
(with the pieces of Crap of groomers we Have).

The Groomer Guy

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It must get frustrating Luc. I ride in Port Perry and when i was at the open house it looked like they had a brand new groomer. The trails have been red for the whole season so far.

Well said Luc!

It must get frustrating Luc. I ride in Port Perry and when i was at the open house it looked like they had a brand new groomer. The trails have been red for the whole season so far.

One thing about Port Perry is that they Buy their own groomer without asking for funding,  they run efficient and with fundraising they can pay for the groomers so that helps other clubs that need a groomer and can't afford one.   The Husky is about 3+years old. 

Didn't know that. Thanks for info.

Luc, well said, and your frustrations are I believe well founded. Maybe this will help some of the folks who make these decisions re-think their what they are doing?

Thanks, I hope so... now is not the time to make us wait.... get the groomer on the snow... we will comply  if not come get it when the snow melts and give it to someone else.

There are lots of groomers not being used this year in the south. Surely there is a way to get at least a couple of them to where they can fill a need.

luke maybe its time to try setting up a crowd funding page for your club

System is to bass aqwards for any creative thinking like that 

Yes I FULLY agree with ya Luc! It is very frustrating to say the least. Surely the OFSC should get that common sense of theirs started and say hey, the clubs in the south will get their new groomers BUT right now they are red and some most likely this year will never open as such those ones deemed to get new groomers should divert them to the north where they are desperately needed and whos trails are OPEN now! But as the same as everything else, common sense isnt that common anymore! 

Best of luck to you and your clubs up there Luc. Keep being a thorn in the ofsc butt as the squeaky wheel gets the grease! Keep up the great work.  

Give them he11 Luc. Politics has no place in a year like this. You've got snow. You should have the equipment to open up your trails. This kind of BS is absolutely one of the reasons for the demise of D 16

BP

The formula for groomer reduction needs rethinking

X2

I agree with Luc

Ya think any of the OFSC executive actually "ride" anymore?

Well we did see the D3 Gov in Hearst on the weekend.

Well we did see the D3 Gov in Hearst on the weekend.

He should have been riding a groomer. No good in his zone... :)

You should invite Craig Nicholson up to ride your trails. Not that he will do anything for you, but it seems anytime he makes one of his visits, the club and area fall all over themselves to make sure the trails are good. In your case, he could not help but note that you have no groomers to make conditions better for his ride, so he might (might) mention it to someone in the little cabale involved in Ontario sledding.

I have not heard anything from Nicholson on that new bill 100 in the Ontario legislature affecting trail closures due to landowner's rights either.

You should invite Craig Nicholson up to ride your trails. Not that he will do anything for you, but it seems anytime he makes one of his visits, the club and area fall all over themselves to make sure the trails are good. In your case, he could not help but note that you have no groomers to make conditions better for his ride, so he might (might) mention it to someone in the little cabale involved in Ontario sledding.

I have not heard anything from Nicholson on that new bill 100 in the Ontario legislature affecting trail closures due to landowner's rights either.

He is not into useful

Yes I FULLY agree with ya Luc! It is very frustrating to say the least. Surely the OFSC should get that common sense of theirs started and say hey, the clubs in the south will get their new groomers BUT right now they are red and some most likely this year will never open as such those ones deemed to get new groomers should divert them to the north where they are desperately needed and whos trails are OPEN now! But as the same as everything else, common sense isnt that common anymore! 

Best of luck to you and your clubs up there Luc. Keep being a thorn in the ofsc butt as the squeaky wheel gets the grease! Keep up the great work.  

Anything government and common sense,those two words cannot be used in the same sentence.Come to think of it common sense is quickly disappearing everywhere.  

We echo Luc's frustrations.  

When we attend our Sault Trailblazer Club Meetings, we are told by the District 13 Governor that 33% of the district groomers are broken and out-of-commission with some of the remaining one's breaking down, but have been fixable so far by stealing parts from broken ones.  

The Club Groomer Manager had just put in 4 - 16 hour shifts back-to-back travelling in-and-out of the bush via snowmobile and sleigh (Mekatina, SW Aubrey Falls, NE Echo Bay) with parts trying to keep some of the remaining groomers alive and laying on the ground for 8 hours to get one running.  You could hear his frustration and this is from a guy that never complains, so when he pipe's up, you know there's a major problem.

An aging fleet of old equipment that ends up breaking down in the middle of nowhere in a barren geographic region.

Plenty of snow to groom in our district, but try finding a reliable groomer that can do it?

I'm pretty sure he's is in some way paid by the OFSC for his "marketing" duties. He's not going to risk missing a trip to the trough!

luc

are you telling me that old beat up groomer we seen you in,isn't  gonna do the job..its a disgrace you are forced to groom in the middle of no where with that groomer.you do have lots of snow & need a 2nd groomer or at least a new one.keep up the good work & thx for the great trails in your area

Luc

After meeting you and talking with you it's unbelievable that your club and others in your district have to put up with this crap from the OFSC.

Sometimes a little shake up is what is needed!

The hospitality you and everyone in Dubreuilville showed our group was amazing. Paul making the phone call so everyone could fuel and not have trouble at the pumps.

With two thirds of the province RED.

Surely the OFSC or another club can step up and help out.

Thanks Luc for what you do.

You truly are THE GROOMER GUY

Glenn

Archived