Weather

Promising if true.

image.thumb.png.33cf9518a38e4b92bea21e2fc399ee64.png

Currently raining in Owen Sound but we have no snow anyway. The 7 day forcast looks hopeful. Not "trail" hopeful, but atleast steadily below freezing. 

we do not need wet snow at all ,we need some cold first

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Muskoka Man said:

we do not need wet snow at all ,we need some cold first

Take the snow.  Clubs need to pack the crap out of it.  Build the trail.  Days of a month of 20 below before the big snow hits are gone.  Yes there is still some swamps, but a good portion of the trail systems are on solid ground.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, signfan said:

Take the snow.  Clubs need to pack the crap out of it.  Build the trail.  Days of a month of 20 below before the big snow hits are gone.  Yes there is still some swamps, but a good portion of the trail systems are on solid ground.

Really tough to hit a 300Km plus day without swamps and lakes frozen over.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2024 at 2:04 PM, stoney said:

Just took a snap shot, let’s see what it looks like tomorrow!

Tues and Wed already changed….lol

IMG_4735.jpeg

On 1/7/2024 at 4:50 PM, stoney said:

Update, 5 less mm of rain and more snow :)

Heading in the right direction…for now!!

lol

Okay, I’ll stop with the update, see how things look in 24 hours and more importantly in 48 to 72 hours. 

IMG_4736.thumb.png.b7129459e2b5b50721dffa1eba15d1a2.png

So this is the now....little less rain for today and a little more snow, if correct....

Wed is about the same as before.....hoping the long range stays close or near the course, colder each day and some snow each day too, not a ton of snow, so good and bad I guess depending how you look at that.

IMG_4737.PNG

we will see 

PXL_20240109_144622251.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

Seven years ago today north of Hornpayne we were the first sleds of the season from Dubreuilville to Hearst 2017 

IMG_2796.jpeg

IMG_2795.jpeg

IMG_2794.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, MM. 

I keep thinking of the year I didn't have trail passes (4) and drew the line in the sand at Feb. 2 (Greoundhog Day). Not trails open by then, not buying. It snowed early February. Heavy. Insanely, heavy and plentiful  snow. But it was wasy colder too. So there was a frost, set in the ground. 

Have 2 passes for this year, purchased early. If, like some, I don't peel the sticker off the paper, c'est la vie. Support the sport.

But still holding out hope.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Thanks, MM. 

I keep thinking of the year I didn't have trail passes (4) and drew the line in the sand at Feb. 2 (Greoundhog Day). Not trails open by then, not buying. It snowed early February. Heavy. Insanely, heavy and plentiful  snow. But it was wasy colder too. So there was a frost, set in the ground. 

Have 2 passes for this year, purchased early. If, like some, I don't peel the sticker off the paper, c'est la vie. Support the sport.

But still holding out hope.

Mines still in envelope too. Insurance is more then pass.  If I dont use it this year then hopefully ofsc can save some of un used fuel funds for next winter when we need it 🤷🏽‍♂️.  That's beauty behind these early passes. Take discount and hope for best and ofsc gets funds early. We all average out over a 3 to 5 year period.  For some reason when we get a steller winter fuel money always seems to run out early and grooming very limited 🤷🏽‍♂️

We have 5 passes and a brand new sled for my son............

Galoosh!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

We have 5 passes and a brand new sled for my son............

Galoosh!

Keeping the sport alive - good job!!!

It will get used, just when and for how long is TBD....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 1049 said:

Seven years ago today north of Hornpayne we were the first sleds of the season from Dubreuilville to Hearst 2017 

IMG_2796.jpeg

IMG_2795.jpeg

IMG_2794.jpeg

Looks like the groomer came through ahead of you tho.

We broke that open in 12/96 (different route back then tho) with no tracks and hardly any signs in -30*.

That day could have gone much worse...

OxDec96HearstTrail.jpg.b312d70105748df6877c2a881d68868b.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Ox said:

We broke that open in 12/96 (different route back then tho) with no tracks and hardly any signs in -30*.

Wow like looks a crazy day lol .  My wife would kill me if I took her out in them conditions 🤣

• Haha 3

Well they are calling for 15-30cms here in Parry Sound. We have about 6-8cms so far and it’s supposed to start raining around 9. Sooooo……missed it by a mile again. I know it’s not over yet…

tons of rain here too in cambridge

• Sad 1

maybe 3 inches of wet crap here in port Sydney 

3 hours ago, Ox said:

1 hour ago, 1049 said:

Wow like looks a crazy day lol .  My wife would kill me if I took her out in them conditions 🤣

Those are/were the crazy days - takes a long time to go a short distance and the bigger the group, the longer it takes!

The rain line is slowly moving north as the night goes on....seems to stop right around Dorset closer to midnight.

So if you are on the east side of the line, you have snow, west side is rain......

See what tomorrow looks like.

Had a little snow, now pouring like it’s July in Hamilton.

26 minutes ago, stoney said:

Those are/were the crazy days - takes a long time to go a short distance and the bigger the group, the longer it takes!

Haha i here ya . This was my most memorable day sledding ever 12 of us 200 miles and 12 hours later and we made it to our destination 

IMG_0389.jpeg

• Like 5