This will be a real winter

Wildbill

my right knee agrees....lol

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Panther340 said:

Supposedly the Farmers Almanac agrees with that train of thought too. I bet Greta, the Enviro punk, is not happy . ....less speaking tours . 

May she freeze her ass off in her Tesla Hypocrit 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 8/14/2023 at 6:34 AM, Wildbill said:

My prediction . Berries are full mosquitos are backing off early here . And just my general feeling. 

I think your right. Our corn is over 9 feet tall this yesr and very full. Hopefully we can harvest it all before snow flies. It’s going to take some time to get thru it all. 
We have two grain carts this yesr and brand new combine. 🙏

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I think your right. Our corn is over 9 feet tall this yesr and very full. Hopefully we can harvest it all before snow flies. It’s going to take some time to get thru it all. 
We have two grain carts this yesr and brand new combine. 🙏

Some of the corn at our place is heading toward 10' tall. It was the same last year and we had a shitty 3 days of open trail winter so I don't think I will use that parameter for predictions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Some of the corn at our place is heading toward 10' tall. It was the same last year and we had a shitty 3 days of open trail winter so I don't think I will use that parameter for predictions.

Yup best riding was at end of season around here. I got about a week or so in on my own property. About 250 km’s or so never left my property last year. 

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Panther340 said:

Supposedly the Farmers Almanac agrees with that train of thought too. I bet Greta, the Enviro punk, is not happy . ....less speaking tours . 

Well, considering how close the Farmers Alm was last year, I think that I'll wait'n see...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

We ended up wrecking a sled in those three days last year.  My wife walked away from hitting a tree.

Im having a hard time justifying a purchase of a new one, and not sure if Im gonna put a permit on the other one I still have.

Hopefully Bill is right, and we get some good snow and cold.  I still have one sled, and a set of downhill skis to use.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Dave K said:

We ended up wrecking a sled in those three days last year.  My wife walked away from hitting a tree.

Im having a hard time justifying a purchase of a new one, and not sure if Im gonna put a permit on the other one I still have.

Hopefully Bill is right, and we get some good snow and cold.  I still have one sled, and a set of downhill skis to use.

Man you use to get a few thousand km’s without trying too hard. Hopefully you get some good snow and cold this winter. I miss riding your area. 

We're due, lets hope you're right.

I'll check back with this thread next April ; ) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, ontariof7 said:

I'll check back with this thread next April ; ) 

Is that because you are also thinking we will be riding in April due to the great winter ahead of us :tongue: ?!?!?

• Haha 2

Saturday afternoon l am sitting on a park bench while my better half is wondering through the open market. A middle age women walks over and joking asks if l will keep an eye on her father . He sits down , this guy is old , native Indian for sure .  He jesters toward a red squirrel ,says watch . Two black squirrels start to harass  the red ,as the red drops the nut it was caring one of the black scope up the nut and both blacks run off. I asked the native guy do you think that because the squirrels are so aggressive this early about gathering nuts that we my get a long cold winter .  Na , what it means is the black squirrels know how to get what they want with out having to work for it . He said be prepared for a  harsh winter and be prepared to help others who can't prepare . Well l wasn't expecting those words of wisdom , this guy was awesome, best bench partner ever.  He went on saying l liked shooting  squirrels , you didn't have to hunt them , just had too look up. His daughter returns and asks what we were talking about ,with out missing a beet the old guys says nutin . He then told me his name was Henry and he was 94 years young .  

• Like 9

January  thaws over and over again, just like the movie Ground Hog Day!

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Won’t happen with fuel budget 🤣. Sledders and ofsc will be broke by March break if it’s a steller winter. 

How much is the fuel budget?

10 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

How much is the fuel budget?

Average of grooming hours last few years 😆.  In our district that’s almost a zero I bet 🤪.
 No idea, but I bet it run thin quick if it’s a steller winter province wide. Ofsc not setup to handle that Snownario I bet 😆

I guess you did not hear about the nice big fat permit increase for this year, clubs are all getting a raise and bit left over for the groomers and fuel to cover the extra hours.....:coffeenose:

On a serious note, was the ON permit prices actually released?

• Like 1

I found this posted on 23/24 permit fees - also states TBC.

Permit Type Full By Dec 1 By Nov 1 Notes
Seasonal $293.60 $243.60 $213.60 +processing fee
2000 model year and newer
Classic $200.88 $170.88 N/A +processing fee 1999
model year and earlier
Multi-day $48.06 minimum purchase of 2 consecutive days
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, stoney said:

model year and earlier

Is bottom line a processing fee of 60 dollars just wondering 🤷🏽‍♂️

2 hours ago, stoney said:

model year and earlier

Looks pretty reasonable.  I'm having some troubles stomaching the Quebec increase this year.  $900 for two sleds is getting up there.  This is really in line with what I would expect in Ontario for this year.  With inflation it's only fair.  Fuel prices are rising again and equipment costs definitely haven't dropped.

• Like 2