Covid creates an opportunity?

Puggz

With these  uncertain economic time and the delayed deliveries if anyone missed this season's sno chek don't be discouraged, a few dealers that I know have some inventory coming available due to cancelled orders.

If there's something you want, phone around - you might be surprised but be prepared to wait into Jan/early Feb.

• Like 2

I had a chat with my unnamed dealer buddy tonight and he is quite concerned that with a combination of warm weather, sled/parts delays and now COVID, he is going to have more than a few people bail on their Spring order sleds. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I had a chat with my unnamed dealer buddy tonight and he is quite concerned that with a combination of warm weather, sled/parts delays and now COVID, he is going to have more than a few people bail on their Spring order sleds. 

Did you mean Spring order or Spring Delivery?

I can see then March deliveries bailing

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, signfan said:

What were the deposits?  These should be that much cheaper than the msrp now right?  Lol

That would be wonderful but the reality is that some if not all retailers consider that current buyers did not place the spring order and are therefore not entitled to it.

As well retailers likely have to pay for those spring order sleds at delivery or possibly at shipping date so they will have interest cost and floor planning costs to cover on those sleds until they are resold and paid for.

2 hours ago, signfan said:

What were the deposits?  These should be that much cheaper than the msrp now right?  Lol

I'm expecting some pretty good discounts come February/March for sure. No one will want to sit all summer on inventory only to discount it next fall. Bird in hand is worth 2 in the tree :)

42 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

As I stated before.  It'll be raining 2022 sleds in no time. Sounds like it's beginning.  Now some are most likely telling themselves,  'how do I pay for it?'.....

Talked to a Cat dealer about a 2022 T-Cat about 3 weeks ago. They already had one available (at MSRP) due to a cancellation.  Unless the 2023 offers something new (that I want) then I'd be perfectly fine with a new unit in March if the discount was large enough.  Win win..

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Puggz said:

Talked to a Cat dealer about a 2022 T-Cat about 3 weeks ago. They already had one available (at MSRP) due to a cancellation.  Unless the 2023 offers something new (that I want) then I'd be perfectly fine with a new unit in March if the discount was large enough.  Win win..

Awesome..

3 hours ago, signfan said:

I am pretty sure you can ask for a full refund on deposit if sled not delivered by first week of December. Most manufacturers offered that to keep customers happy. I cancelled on zero turn after it failed to show up by July. It was ordered in October. Dealer happily cut me my deposit back. He said they went up by 700 bucks and I had an early order discount so between the two it was around 1300 dollars more he could get more for unit if it came in. He never got it either. If new ones go up by another grand then cancelled 2022’s will move if weather co-operates. Lots will buy a sled early February since it gives you extra warranty and you can ride it for 4 to 6 weeks still. 

• Like 1

I'm expecting that these Mach Z's that may become available will sell for MSRP, even in March/April. MSRP for 2023 is likely to be 12-15% higher and limited orders will be taken on sleds with no guarantied delivery dates.

Full Covid pricing will continue.

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I'm expecting that these Mach Z's that may become available will sell for MSRP, even in March/April. MSRP for 2023 is likely to be 12-15% higher and limited orders will be taken on sleds with no guarantied delivery dates.

Interesting point and unfortunately, I agree that this is a very likely scenario ;(

13 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Where does the 12-15% come from?

What justification do manufacturers have for that substantial of an increase?  

18 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Where does the 12-15% come from?

What justification do manufacturers have for that substantial of an increase?  

2023 Sled prices, along with all other toys, will be higher then 2022 models.  Period. Also from my sources, Doo will be scaling back duration and size of spring orders.....Also possibly warranty,  options etc etc... and of course no delivery guarantees at all..

1 minute ago, Turbo Doo said:

2023 Sled prices, along with all other toys, will be higher then 2022 models.  Period. Also from my sources, Doo will be scaling back duration and size of spring orders.....

I have heard the exact same thing, Snowcheck 2023 will be interesting to say the least.

14 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

2023 Sled prices, along with all other toys, will be higher then 2022 models.  Period. Also from my sources, Doo will be scaling back duration and size of spring orders.....Also possibly warranty,  options etc etc... and of course no delivery guarantees at all..

I would expect spring order programs will be scaled back.

And there will be production issues in the future for sure.  It is going to be a tough couple years too come. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yep, agree 100% - unless the silliness stops, there is no way these sleds that people walked away from will be discounted.

I hope it does stop though as the upward trend on all needs to be corrected, but sadly will not anytime soon.

13 minutes ago, Sksman said:

I would expect spring order programs will be scaled back.

And there will be production issues in the future for sure.  It is going to be a tough couple years too come. 

Double wamy - not only shortage on parts for net new sleds, how about sold/used sleds under warranty that may need parts due to failures, breakages, etc.....

Manufactures need to be able to support both sides or more epic failures all around.

13 minutes ago, stoney said:

Double wamy - not only shortage on parts for net new sleds, how about sold/used sleds under warranty that may need parts due to failures, breakages, etc.....

Manufactures need to be able to support both sides or more epic failures all around.

Spare parts and shipping are going to be big hurdles for spoiled consumers who are accustomed to immediate satisfaction.

Calling a dealer to order overnight from parts warehouse is a thing of the past in many cases.  A simple overnight order is now 2-3 days longer.  And if coming from overseas it could be 3-7 days extra.

Local John Deere dealer told me their rush orders are 2 to 3 weeks.