2022 Skidoo Production Starts

Turbo Doo

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

850 Doo's without the smart shocks are in production as we speak..:icon_steer:And ready to ship too. 

Please let us know when the 900T are ready to go!

Thankful I didn’t go with the SS’s… in case they happen to be an issue too with deliveries. 

And how about you, SS option….:coffeenose:

Spoke with a BRP dealer we use through work,he says new sleds are being shipped incomplete from factory and dealers will have to complete.No worries though, Im sure they will be ready for when the snow arrives!

• Sad 2

My 2021 Seadoos came without DESS.   They just have the old cheapy tether.    BRP will put DESS posts on when they become available.  

5 hours ago, scottyr said:

My 2021 Seadoos came without DESS.   They just have the old cheapy tether.    BRP will put DESS posts on when they become available.  

Better than no vehicle…. Could live without I’m sure for the intern. 

20 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

My 2 new '22 Doo's better be ready by December, or they can keep em...Poo it'll be, unless they screw up too..

Hopefully yours come in on time, good luck switching to poo.  Maybe a couple 550s with what low stock dealers are going to have.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, gobills said:

Hopefully yours come in on time, good luck switching to poo.  Maybe a couple 550s with what low stock dealers are going to have.

900 Turbo R's, or 850 Variants, the sled kind for me only. If not,  I'm going back to car stuff.  I told my dealer, don't call me after December.  

Was chatting with my dealer yesterday, all his 2022 stock is sold and it hasn't even arrived yet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, soupkids said:

Was chatting with my dealer yesterday, all his 2022 stock is sold and it hasn't even arrived yet.

That’s another issue. Same thing with Ferris mowers all sold but no stock. When I got my money back in July he said I was 6 customer to bail on it. 

30 minutes ago, snowchopper said:

Looks like there are lots of crates sitting in the yard at Geislers in Powassan today.

Wait, new sleds sitting in a crate, in a yard, in the middle summer baking….not good for the sled at all….:coffeenose:….lol…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/30/2021 at 9:31 PM, Turbo Doo said:

900 Turbo R's, or 850 Variants, the sled kind for me only. If not,  I'm going back to car stuff.  I told my dealer, don't call me after December.  

He likely doesn't care. There are likely many people who will gladly take them if you don't.

I sold my current sled 3 weeks ago.

If my new one doesn't come in it's a benefit to all of you....more time in the groomer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vooodooo said:

He likely doesn't care. There are likely many people who will gladly take them if you don't.

If my new one doesn't come in it's a benefit to all of you....more time in the groomer.

I agree. 

On 7/31/2021 at 3:23 PM, stoney said:

Wait, new sleds sitting in a crate, in a yard, in the middle summer baking….not good for the sled at all….:coffeenose:….lol…

There are thousands of Ford Edge vehicles parked in the lot(s) around Oakville. Fully* assembled. Waiting from modules/chips. Rationale was build 'em; store them; install chips when available. Now, some thought of shipping them this way to the dealers - who will store, then install chips. I've never been thrilled with dealer diagnostics (they're more maintenance, if in doubt rip it out and replace)  - not sure if I'd enjoy owning a car that sat outside for months, then McIver'd to go.

Also, passed a BRP delivery truck, with crates,  as I was heading to Toronto. Northbound, from Mexico. SeaDoo delivery. Thought 'August' was a little late, but who knows.

Good luck on your team yellow orders.

On 8/1/2021 at 1:57 PM, vooodooo said:

I hope it works out for you. Thanks for volunteering.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So sleds this year. This is what I made up to send anyone who asks since there is a big concern. We are getting sleds in every week actually and will have all the sleds delivered. So that is great news!!! But they will be missing parts. Like gauges and electrical components. Parts hopefully will be available in November or December for them if all goes well. We than have over 215 sleds to get out to customers. We can build 5-6 a day with extra mechanics we have for this. So 20 a week if everything goes perfect. And as fast as we can schedule you in for pick up. So example if we start building late November early December we have 8-10 weeks of building and delivering to everyone so yes the last sled built and delivered will be end of Jan early Feb. We understand not ideal and yes into sledding season. This is purely due to no parts for the skidoos. So we are trying our absolute best and be assured when they are ready I will reach out to you and be prepared to pick up as soon as I Call cause we’re going to build and get them out as fast as possible. As you see the numbers and timing It's not going to be good. But there is absolutely nothing you or I can do about it. We Just will do our absolute best to build and get to you when I can! I will reach out when you can pick and your new sled and book a time

From my dealer in southwestern Ontario

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

So sleds this year. This is what I made up to send anyone who asks since there is a big concern. We are getting sleds in every week actually and will have all the sleds delivered. So that is great news!!! But they will be missing parts. Like gauges and electrical components. Parts hopefully will be available in November or December for them if all goes well. We than have over 215 sleds to get out to customers. We can build 5-6 a day with extra mechanics we have for this. So 20 a week if everything goes perfect. And as fast as we can schedule you in for pick up. So example if we start building late November early December we have 8-10 weeks of building and delivering to everyone so yes the last sled built and delivered will be end of Jan early Feb. We understand not ideal and yes into sledding season. This is purely due to no parts for the skidoos. So we are trying our absolute best and be assured when they are ready I will reach out to you and be prepared to pick up as soon as I Call cause we’re going to build and get them out as fast as possible. As you see the numbers and timing It's not going to be good. But there is absolutely nothing you or I can do about it. We Just will do our absolute best to build and get to you when I can! I will reach out when you can pick and your new sled and book a time

Very reasonable to reach out first, limit expectations.

I'd rather have the cold hard truth, as early as possible.

Makes planning so much easier.

What dealer?

13 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Wondering why they would not " build" (not sure what that means as they are supposedly built when received ) the sleds they have received in advance of the missing parts arriving and then just install the missing parts when they receive them? I understand that means investing $$ well prior to receiving payment but it would most certainly make their customers happier as complete delivery would hopefully take place sooner and the dealer would have full payment sooner. JMHO

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Wondering why they would not " build" (not sure what that means as they are supposedly built when received ) the sleds they have received in advance of the missing parts arriving and then just install the missing parts when they receive them? I understand that means investing $$ well prior to receiving payment but it would most certainly make their customers happier as complete delivery would hopefully take place sooner and the dealer would have full payment sooner. JMHO

My guess would be once you pull it out of the crate and start assembly you are committed.

Fully assemble, test and get it out asap.

There is no way to put it back in the crate and store it.

The more it's handled, the more likely it is to get damaged.

14 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

I have heard the exact same thing from our local BRP dealer too.  Sleds are arriving but parts are missing. And like Ramsomair said, it’s a waiting game on parts and then having the capacity to finish the build and deliver. 

let’s hope parts arrive sooner rather than later and sleds can get delivered in time for first snow.