Jump to content
Giddy UP

North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit ordering area OFSC trails closed

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Not always a great solution. Some places I’ve seen they plow the road now down to gravel and sleds are forced to ride this mess 

We only plow as needed, in other words when it becomes somewhat impassable, not after every snow fall.  After the first couple snowfalls there is a beaten path of ice and snow which doesn't go away till spring.  The road is not part of the trail system so there is no impact on snowmobiling.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting...

Screenshot_20210126-181351_Samsung Internet.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

I must say. I am happy that the OFSC, is being vocal about this. Hats off to the OFSC.  Keep it up..:right_on:...

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

I must say. I am happy that the OFSC, is being vocal about this. Hats off to the OFSC.  Keep it up..:right_on:...

I'm gonna head up to Parry Sound to my second home and walk around the Walmart and such (not purchasing anything).  Idiots in charge.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

I must say. I am happy that the OFSC, is being vocal about this. Hats off to the OFSC.  Keep it up..:right_on:...

For sure encouraging to read this.....but I think most of us knew or at least thought they were doing something in the back ground. They are dealing with a double edge sword on this matter, so need to approach it very politically.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, stoney said:

For sure encouraging to read this.....but I think most of us knew or at least thought they were doing something in the back ground. They are dealing with a double edge sword on this matter, so need to approach it very politically.

Good to see that the other health units are following suit. Kind of leaves the 'expert' in North Bay out on his own.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Good to see that the other health units are following suit. Kind of leaves the 'expert' in North Bay out on his own.

You mean look like a person that simply reacted to pressures vs doing his actual job and due diligence.... I’m thinking his credibility will suffer as a result of this. 
And forget about admitting his error. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to see that the ofsc is stepping up on this. I think the sad part is they did it now and they will do it again, as soon as there is Covid cases next winter guess what, let’s shut down the ofsc to keep the city weekend warriors away.

 

Ive been cottaging in parry sound since I was born and when I was old enough to realize things I learned that some locals like the city people around but there’s a lot that don’t. I was very shocked to hear some of the things locals were saying this summer in PS about Covid and us city people.

 

Who ever this guy is in NB he got his wish, sad but true. 

Edited by WinderFab
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WinderFab said:

Great to see that the ofsc is stepping up on this. I think the sad part is they did it now and they will do it again, as soon as there is Covid cases next winter guess what, let’s shut down the ofsc to keep the city weekend warriors away.

 

Ive been cottaging in parry sound since I was born and when I was old enough to realize things I learned that some locals like the city people around but there’s a lot that don’t. I was very shocked to hear some of the things locals were saying this summer in PS about Covid and us city people.

 

Who ever this guy is in NB he got his wish, sad but true. 

I think it's a reaction to how the visitors act. I'm been heading north (Apsley since I was born) and Canarvon until the mid-70s. My father had been going to Chandos since he was a kid (grew up in Bowmanville & Oshawa), mother was the local.

 

I know that people from here will 'embrace' some of the newcomers, while others get the cold shoulder. Treat the locals like rubes and you'll get attitude. Mind you social media (read Faceplant) has made this even worse. I remember during our last municipal election, one woman (younger than me) made a statement online on the community Faceplant page that only full time residents should be able to vote...

:wtf:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If they just banned snowmobilers from staying at hotels maybe they could keep,the trails open with the idea that you can only do day rides. If they ban day rides then hiking, snowshoeing, skating and cross country skiing at parks, trails, forests and lakes/ponds also need to be banned.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad that this is happening I to have a 2nd home south of Parry Sound and been sledding since mid 80's

in this area. Us city folk bring a lot of financial support to townships and local businesses, unfortunately we have not been in town since last March nor spent 1 cent in the area. Not sure if any real though process was put in deciding to shut down trails in this area.

 

We walked C trail next to our home so what's the difference if we ride with full gear, no rules stating you are not allowed to walk on them.

Am I wrong. By the way SSSC club you guys have done a stellar job

 

3.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cravesledding said:

Sad that this is happening I to have a 2nd home south of Parry Sound and been sledding since mid 80's

in this area. Us city folk bring a lot of financial support to townships and local businesses, unfortunately we have not been in town since last March nor spent 1 cent in the area. Not sure if any real though process was put in deciding to shut down trails in this area.

 

We walked C trail next to our home so what's the difference if we ride with full gear, no rules stating you are not allowed to walk on them.

Am I wrong. By the way SSSC club you guys have done a stellar job

 

3.jpg

And no that is not my track on the trail 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, hancop said:

If they just banned snowmobilers from staying at hotels maybe they could keep,the trails open with the idea that you can only do day rides. If they ban day rides then hiking, snowshoeing, skating and cross country skiing at parks, trails, forests and lakes/ponds also need to be banned.

Hotels/motels are supposedly not to be booking rooms, unless for essential.  So its a non issue imo..At least during the stay at home order...

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Unverified, but supposedly today in NB. 

 

143218415_10158934609004259_6047200067501804115_n.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Hotels/motels are supposedly not to be booking rooms, unless for essential.  So its a non issue imo..At least during the stay at home order...

I was rereading the document and it is vague of course. You definitely cant stay in a cabin or cottage but it refers to a different section for motels.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup. Count them. Not the best pic, but I'm sure it was taken quickly. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, manotickmike said:

Unverified, but supposedly today in NB. 

 

143218415_10158934609004259_6047200067501804115_n.jpg

Looks like Sand Dam Road parking lot. Thats alot of opp parked there. Too bad theres not that many when trails are actually open..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, manotickmike said:

Yup. Count them. Not the best pic, but I'm sure it was taken quickly. 

 

Pathetic - waste

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cravesledding said:

And no that is not my track on the trail 

Is that dog wearing a mask??:rolleyes:

 

We were in pre-covid times, we are currently in war time covid times and will eventually get to post covid times...I think most folks are basing their current opinions on the past pre-covid times experience.

 

BTW most legitimate news outlets reporting that Ontario case count is lowering. Lock down is having some effect.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, slomo said:

 

BTW most legitimate news outlets reporting that Ontario case count is lowering. Lock down is having some effect.

Are you sure that isn't just because of reduced testing, or it happened as natural result of being past the Christmas/ New Years hump? (Asking for a friend) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, tricky said:

Are you sure that isn't just because of reduced testing, or it happened as natural result of being past the Christmas/ New Years hump? (Asking for a friend) 

Wait until people flock to Wallymart to buy Valentines Day cards & chocolates...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...