North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit ordering area OFSC trails closed

Giddy UP

28 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Why are travel agents not shutdown?  

Are they essential?

Just did some investigating  of travel agents and of the ones I looked at, their stores/offices in the city of Waterloo are closed for in store/ office visits but are doing on line bookings. Most had notes that it was due to covid.

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER

22 hours ago, revrnd said:

And really looking @ a road map how many people are going to drive to Mattawa from the GTA? It's not exactly a direct drive there.

I was thinking the exact same thing!  There are loads more places to access D11 trails for Hwy 11 further south that have seen far more traffic without any complaints. :wtf:

• Like 1

They are not shut down because people are still legally allowed to travel - it's a "recommendation" - nothing more - hence the pleading for people to "do the right thing".

There is no definition of "essential" in the legislation either - so anything could qualify.

As long as that is all going on - we are getting locked down for what reason exactly?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Now the North Bay Sledders will be coming to Muskoka or going north..................

It is not just “North Bay Sledders”....This region is huge!  D11 runs down to Novar so it impacts trails much farther south than North Bay or Mattawa as well....And certainly impacts Highland Rovers SC as half their trails are in D11 and the other in D7.  This club should at the very least be exempt from this ridiculous closure based on that alone.   This entire decision was made by obviously someone that has a personal issue with sledders and just wanted any excuse to close it down. At least the Simcoe Muskoka Health unit has more common sense with what the impact will be to the local businesses and human mental health. You could probably lick a sledder and not get Covid. I consider myself in full PPE when I am sledding.  As a woman...just try peeing on the side of the trail and see how much gear you have to go through just so you don’t wet yourself.  :ph34r:

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Giddy UP said:

It is not just “North Bay Sledders”....This region is huge!  D11 runs down to Novar so it impacts trails much farther south than North Bay or Mattawa as well....And certainly impacts Highland Rovers SC as half their trails are in D11 and the other in D7.  This club should at the very least be exempt from this ridiculous closure based on that alone.   This entire decision was made by obviously someone that has a personal issue with sledders and just wanted any excuse to close it down. At least the Simcoe Muskoka Health unit has more common sense with what the impact will be to the local businesses and human mental health. You could probably lick a sledder and not get Covid. I consider myself in full PPE when I am sledding.  As a woman...just try peeing on the side of the trail and see how much gear you have to go through just so you don’t wet yourself.  :ph34r:

Agree. :right_on:... Still hoping for a trip to the NCDN,  and to see you guys trailside again.  Time will tell..

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Agree. :right_on:... Still hoping for a trip to the NCDN,  and to see you guys trailside again.  Time will tell..

We are booked up there first week of March. Fingers crossed we are still a go!  If not, maybe see you around Kearney?  Let me know if you plan riding this way when things open up. :-P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spiderman said:

It's fine, Justin asked them to please quarantine for 14 days, it's Canada, everybody just does the "right thing", and he did say please, so it shouldn't be an issue. 

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/third-flight-from-haiti-lands-with-many-covid-infected-passengers?fbclid=IwAR0Y1LPrlVetiG9rWe3XpMujIW5-buWODYeZw_V8RKN3pXE0y5SjUH-o0oQ

1 minute ago, Giddy UP said:

The sad part is our government knew that after the first 2 flights arrived full of Covid that the 3rd flight would be full of Covid and did nothing to protect Canadians and allowed the 3rd flight to take even off from Haiti.

The airline should be banned from Canadian airspace for transmitting Covid to Canadians. Pilots should be charged along with all managers who allowed the flight to happen.

In my mind this is no different thenthe couple that were charged for spreading Covid after knowingly having a party with the British traveller who did not do 14 day quarantine.

Either Covid is serious or it’s not and in my mind our government has shown how serious an issue they believe it to be by allowing a 3rd covidinfectedflight from Hati.

our empty ICU departments will be needed for the new Covid positive hati refugees!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Giddy UP said:

We are booked up there first week of March. Fingers crossed we are still a go!  If not, maybe see you around Kearney?  Let me know if you plan riding this way when things open up. :-P

We will for sure let you guys know our plans.  We are planning first week of March also. For the whole week. Hope to see you guys, fingers crossed..:right_on::icon_steer:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

We will for sure let you guys know our plans.  We are planning first week of March also. For the whole week. Hope to see you guys, fingers crossed..:right_on::icon_steer:

We are up there 1st to 10th this year hopefully. Fingers crossed....Giddy Up! :woot:

24 minutes ago, Giddy UP said:

Great, so I noticed in the article it doesn't say anywhere at all what is being done, or what was done with all of these infected people?

If the solution is - "please quarantine for 14 days" - then end the friggin lockdown, open it up and lets get on with life here.

Our governments are failing it's citizens on every level 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sksman said:

The sad part is our government knew that after the first 2 flights arrived full of Covid that the 3rd flight would be full of Covid and did nothing to protect Canadians and allowed the 3rd flight to take even off from Haiti.

The airline should be banned from Canadian airspace for transmitting Covid to Canadians. Pilots should be charged along with all managers who allowed the flight to happen.

In my mind this is no different thenthe couple that were charged for spreading Covid after knowingly having a party with the British traveller who did not do 14 day quarantine.

Either Covid is serious or it’s not and in my mind our government has shown how serious an issue they believe it to be by allowing a 3rd covidinfectedflight from Hati.

our empty ICU departments will be needed for the new Covid positive hati refugees!

It is amazing that it happened twice (in one week) let alone a third time. Air Transat is Canadian out of Montreal. Pearson is no better. Have a friends son doing work there and he says it is terrifying to watch what goes on. Crowds of people just doing what they want. Hes thankful he is in an area where people aren't allowed.

And yet we can't snowmobile or slide down a hill .

PS. I went for a short walk today, no one around except the clown that opened his door and told me to go home.

2 hours ago, Giddy UP said:

You could probably lick a sledder and not get Covid.

:ph34r:

probably best not to give anyone on here ideas...................but yes you are completely corrrect

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

Covid has never been serious. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theedge said:

It is amazing that it happened twice (in one week) let alone a third time. Air Transat is Canadian out of Montreal. Pearson is no better. Have a friends son doing work there and he says it is terrifying to watch what goes on. Crowds of people just doing what they want. Hes thankful he is in an area where people aren't allowed.

And yet we can't snowmobile or slide down a hill .

PS. I went for a short walk today, no one around except the clown that opened his door and told me to go home.

People wearing masks think that will save them from getting covid and then go about business as usual, side to side no distancing.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  Saw a video of a packed plane a few weeks ago, insane.

22 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

We need more pictures like these...:icon_dance-cpatch:

IMG_20210121_144054_810.jpg

20200314_124123_005.jpg

20200314_132516.jpg

Not so sure about that, could you imagine the back lash seeing pictures of people having fun, riding sleds & standing way to close together without there full PPE on.....

It is a good thing thee is a picture of the 2020 trail pass in those photo's....:argue:

Definitely could use some angels about now though!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

We need more pictures like these...:icon_dance-cpatch:

IMG_20210121_144054_810.jpg

20200314_124123_005.jpg

20200314_132516.jpg

Holy crap! a Unicorn......, I mean, people having fun - what's that feel like? lol

20 minutes ago, stoney said:

Not so sure about that, could you imagine the back lash seeing pictures of people having fun, riding sleds & standing way to close together without there full PPE on.....

It is a good thing thee is a picture of the 2020 trail pass in those photo's....:argue:

Definitely could use some angels about now though!

Stop it. Its from last season.  :headbang:....Lets think positive peeps...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Stop it. Its from last season.  :headbang:....Lets think positive peeps...

LOL....as frustrating as this is for me to have & watch the damage being done, I am also taking it with a grain of salt and a fair amount of sarcasm to lighten it up.

I am actually glass half full & have some hope for normalcy in the not so distant future.

:cheers:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, stoney said:

LOL....as frustrating as this is for me to have & watch the damage being done, I am also taking it with a grain of salt and a fair amount of sarcasm to lighten it up.

I am actually glass half full & have some hope for normalcy in the not so distant future.

:cheers:

I've lost hope for this season. If the stay at home order is lifted,  i am heading north. Unless it sells before then. :ph34r:. Good for you for staying positive.  I am trying to stay positive towards the sledding season,  but its getting harder to doo. 

2 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

who is vacationing in Haiti?

my thoughts exactly. from what i read some places don't have whats needed to do the tests before boarding so they are exempt. wonderful

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

who is vacationing in Haiti?

I was referring to the guy that died in Newcastle. He had returned from Nigeria...

• revrnd locked this topic