North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit ordering area OFSC trails closed

Giddy UP

30 minutes ago, Muskoka Man said:

We are getting some snow and cold ,it will be a madhouse in muskoka this weekend I’m thinking 

6 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Agreed, and then?. 

Better get out and ride than on the weekend or better yet a week-day (if you can)......I will add responsibly though - not that I think it will really mater given the mind set of so many with already preconceived judgements).

Improving conditions, open trails and with the colder temps happening this week, the lakes will be getting better......safe, not sure.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tricky said:

Doesn't reflect reality. All over the country, politicians who broke or otherwise flaunted travel restrictions are getting publicly slapped around, demoted or fired.

Lol, yeah, well, send me home with a million dollar severance, the other one launched a 2.5 million dollar wrongful suit, he will win too, reality is they are all laughing at us regular people. Enjoy your freedom

13 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Lol, yeah, well, send me home with a million dollar severance, the other one launched a 2.5 million dollar wrongful suit, he will win too, reality is they are all laughing at us regular people. Enjoy your freedom

I was referring to the POLITICIANS that you were maligning. Your above examples are not politicians. I enjoy my freedom every day in this country, and I have benefitted from our health system, which is not perfect, but is not full of nut cases as some are suggesting. Relax a little and carry on.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tricky said:

I was referring to the POLITICIANS that you were maligning. Your above examples are not politicians. I enjoy my freedom every day in this country, and I have benefitted from our health system, which is not perfect, but is not full of nut cases as some are suggesting. Relax a little and carry on.

Drunk with power is an apt description of both our current crop of politicians as well as health care professionals that are heading up local health units. Sounds like spidy hit a nerve when he "maligned" those politicians.  You feeding at that trough?

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, stoney said:

Better get out and ride than on the weekend or better yet a week-day (if you can)......I will add responsibly though - not that I think it will really mater given the mind set of so many with already preconceived judgements).

Improving conditions, open trails and with the colder temps happening this week, the lakes will be getting better......safe, not sure.

I want to ride, but then id have to leave my health region and defy the lockdown.  Which may happen soon enough.  Seems to me a few of us here have been out and about.  :lol:

Edited by Turbo Doo

10 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

https://www.baytoday...medium=facebook

This may be a good cause of the trail closures......

I saw that too, definitely didn’t help the situation, and probably more of a reason to close trails then reports of alleged southerners riding trails.  The NBPS health unit is going above and beyond with the trail closures as well as previously closing all the outdoor rinks and toboggan hills.  

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Arctic JC said:

I saw that too, definitely didn’t help the situation, and probably more of a reason to close trails then reports of alleged southerners riding trails.  The NBPS health unit is going above and beyond with the trail closures as well as previously closing all the outdoor rinks and toboggan hills.  

I read a article by the NBSC president stating he was out on the trails, and said its been quiet. Sounded to me he was saying its not packed with southerners.  Now i cannot find the article. :wtf:..

Edited by Turbo Doo

44 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

I want to ride, but then id have to leave my health region and defy the lockdown.  Which may happen soon enough.  Seems to me a few of us here have been out and about.  :lol:

You won’t be the only one :ph34r:

31 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

https://www.baytoday...medium=facebook

This may be a good cause of the trail closures......

I read the article & the residents don't seem to be completely against sledders.

The residents have noted the increase in traffic volume this year and have proposed it be diverted to lake access points in less residential areas, citing the Memorial Drive waterfront and Champlain Park at the end of Premier Road as two prime, uninhabited locations.

The launch has long been a winter access point to frozen Lake Nipissing for snowmobiles and vehicles towing ice fishing huts. The nearby homeowners say this winter has been far busier than any other they've experienced in the past, with the increase in volume, they believe, due to the pandemic and people having extra time on their hands to enjoy the great outdoors.

The neighbours point out they count ice fishing and snowmobiling among their favourite pastimes, too. They have been hoping the locals and visitors launching from Sunset Park would show a little more respect with their actions — especially nearest to the residential area.

10 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

I read a article by the NBSC president stating he was out on the trails, and said its been quiet. Sounded to me he was saying its not packed with southerners.  Now i cannot find the article. :wtf:..

This is it:

https://www.nugget.ca/news/snowmobile-trails-closing-extremely-disappointing-costly

Sounds like it was a completely emotional decision.

6 minutes ago, revrnd said:

This is it:

https://www.nugget.ca/news/snowmobile-trails-closing-extremely-disappointing-costly

Sounds like it was a completely emotional decision.

How does one snowmobile become a super spreader?

7 minutes ago, Goody said:

How does one snowmobile become a super spreader?

Who knows? I've been by our clubhouse a few times & there hasn't been anyone hanging around there. Passed a group just south of Harcourt & they seemed to be congregated in too close of an area, but that's just my opinion, take it for what it's worth LOL No, I didn't call the HKPR Health Unit to rat them out.

Can't blame Dr. (whateverhisnameis) Can't let Dr. Phil. and Dr. Tam have all the attention. 

I just feel sorry for the NB area sledders. 

God forbid they should leave that area and ride elsewhere.

That would be wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zoso said:

Drunk with power is an apt description of both our current crop of politicians as well as health care professionals that are heading up local health units. Sounds like spidy hit a nerve when he "maligned" those politicians.  You feeding at that trough?

I don't have an issue with maligning politicians. I have an issue with misrepresenting the situation. The multimillionaire executives are not politicians. Fact.

46 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Flindall, director of public relations for the North Bay Snowmobile Club, argues that North Bay hasn’t seen people from southern Ontario unload their sleds here to ride local trails.....

right from someone who would know...

I'll have to text my trucker friend that lives just south of the boat launch @ Olmstead Beach/Armstrong Park. See if he's noticed any influx of trailers there (if Trout Lake is safe). He suggested I stage there a few years ago for a ride since the street in front their house resembled a ginormous slush pit.

14 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

Can't blame Dr. (whateverhisnameis) Can't let Dr. Phil. and Dr. Tam have all the attention. 

I just feel sorry for the NB area sledders. 

God forbid they should leave that area and ride elsewhere.

That would be wrong.

Bingo!

6 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

You were sledding?. Out of your PHU?. Agree with everything you stated. 

I won’t hide behind my keyboard and lie, yes I was sledding. I live in Vaughan and trailered to Barrie club house, my sled was already full of fuel before leaving, I didn’t go anywhere but staying on the trail, brought snacks from home, didn’t get fuel as I only did 190km. Was it the right thing to do, probably not.

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, tricky said:

I don't have an issue with maligning politicians. I have an issue with misrepresenting the situation. The multimillionaire executives are not politicians. Fact.

And they aren't doctors either.

• revrnd locked this topic