North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit ordering area OFSC trails closed

Giddy UP

And really looking @ a road map how many people are going to drive to Mattawa from the GTA? It's not exactly a direct drive there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Congrats.  I've been out once, before new years, before the big restrictions. I don't hide behind the keyboard either.  I may break the PHU this weekend, and go ride somewhere within trailering distance too. :icon_steer::ssh:

Right on.. get out an ride, any day we can wake up to an announcement that everything is shutting down. Enjoy it while we can. 

• Like 2

My 2 cents.

North Bay health unit closed a bunch of trails and didn't stop a single a-ho from trailering somewhere else. 

A bunch of folks will suffer for someone else's stupidity. 

Enough said. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Techdenis007 said:

My 2 cents.

North Bay health unit closed a bunch of trails and didn't stop a single a-ho from trailering somewhere else. 

A bunch of folks will suffer for someone else's stupidity. 

Enough said. 

Like Zoso said yesterday, the mall parking lot beside 11/17 was full as usual. I wonder if the 'expert' has/had any input on the people flocking there?

If I was a sledder in this area I would not be happy. You live near Loring (lots of nice places west of there) & the idgit in NB say you can't? I'd be riding...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Now the North Bay Sledders will be coming to Muskoka or going north..................

That's okay though

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

I applaud you guys here for the debating. Its good to debate, and hear everyones thoughts, feelings etc.. I would join in more, but i can't keep up typing. B). I would rather have sore hands, fingers from hanging on for dear life from riding.  May need to break the PHU this weekend and do just that. 

Keep the debate going gents.. 

x2....the debate is very good, but I get the feeling that some think it takes away from this forum, but on the contrary, that is what these platforms are for, share info and discuss the thoughts of others with a common interest, and that is snowmobiling! 

• Like 2

Well @ least the level of discussion is higher than that on Faceplant...

:poke2:

Now that things are calmer on this thread, I earlier wanted to jump in when generalizations of retirees and public workers was made . I paid into my public sector pension for 26 yrs , and I have daughters and son inlaws in teaching and nursing sector. They agree with me that things have gone far to far with closures , and that kids should be in the safest place mentally and physically and that's school,  and that at least in North the ICUs are not in jeopardy, the Nurses in my family say the biggest burden on hospitals is the shortage of long care homes, and that has been present for a decade . My daughter is the RN Transition Manager to relocate elderly from hospital to long care homes. So I trust her. But back to generalizations of public workers and retirees, more than you think are in agreement with you all. Outside sports activities should be open, and concentrate instead on the long care home deaths and protocols, and let the rest get their sanity back and get other hospital surgeries going. Meanwhile... Generalizations are like me saying all OC forum members love the use of aftermarket can exhausts....and that aint true.  :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Panther340 said:

Now that things are calmer on this thread, I earlier wanted to jump in when generalizations of retirees and public workers was made . I paid into my public sector pension for 26 yrs , and I have daughters and son inlaws in teaching and nursing sector. They agree with me that things have gone far to far with closures , and that kids should be in the safest place mentally and physically and that's school,  and that at least in North the ICUs are not in jeopardy, the Nurses in my family say the biggest burden on hospitals is the shortage of long care homes, and that has been present for a decade . My daughter is the RN Transition Manager to relocate elderly from hospital to long care homes. So I trust her. But back to generalizations of public workers and retirees, more than you think are in agreement with you all. Outside sports activities should be open, and concentrate instead on the long care home deaths and protocols, and let the rest get their sanity back and get other hospital surgeries going. Meanwhile... Generalizations are like me saying all OC forum members love the use of aftermarket can exhausts....and that aint true.  :)

hey, I think it's reasonably safe to say that most of us truly understand what the bigger picture white elephant in the room is - and it's nothing new, it's been going on for a long time, other than the "pandemic" has really put the spot light directly on it. It's a very unfortunate situation all the way around and everyone is just trying to do their best.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

The silence from the OFSC on this is definitely interesting...

It takes time to lobby and advocate. I wouldn't call it silence, I would call it having your ducks in a row..

Quack!

https://www.ofsc.on.ca/2021/01/20/ofsc-urges-all-snowmobilers-to-follow-public-health-protocols/

Edited by Yukon
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Panther340 said:

I love my aftermarket can.....:tongue2:

I have said it before, but I think the best way to voice is letting your MPP know, either an email or phone call.

Will it matter - no idea.

But I did at least hear from mine stating the following:

I have shared your email with Caroline and have added you to a Campaign of other constituents with the same concerns. 

Caroline shares this information with her colleagues at Queens park, while advocating for the needs and concerns of her constituents. 

So I suppose it is good.....of course I asked again if there is internal fear of voicing these concerns like Mr Baber did for fear of being kicked out......

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

https://www.baytoday...medium=facebook

This may be a good cause of the trail closures......

People need to show some respect for the residents.... it seems that is what they are asking for... reasonable times of day would be one of those.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

If the OFSC doesnt advocate for Snowmobiling then what are they there for?

what makes you so sure they aren't... just because they aren't blocking roads, storming offices doesn't mean they aren't doing everything possible to work with the province and in the NBPS situation the local health unit... maybe bring out the pitchforks and torches would convince people they are working to address concerns.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

what makes you so sure they aren't... just because they aren't blocking roads, storming offices doesn't mean they aren't doing everything possible to work with the province and in the NBPS situation the local health unit... maybe bring out the pitchforks and torches would convince people they are working to address concerns.

i said "if"

1 hour ago, Panther340 said:

Good. One of the biggest issues here is that once you recover from Covid they wont shove you back into an LTC so it clogs up our system and then they use it against us to lock us down.........

They should bring back Cans BTW!

When I made my statement of sending the entire public sector home without pay, don't think for a second I don't have skin in the game,  my wife is a high school principal, and I stand by that statement.   What we are seeing now is a shift in perception of what is essential/non essential.  Who would have thought a year ago the good people bagging our groceries were so vital to our overall food supply chain?  We would be lost today without them.  Thankful for the work they do despite the risks they face everyday, GOD bless.  Anyone and everyone who is providing for their family is essential in my book and should be working.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Now the North Bay Sledders will be coming to Muskoka or going north..................

Somehow I highly doubt that. I’m dam near certain many locals will continue to ride throughout the area. 

• Like 1

Its like when the malls are were closed in Toronto and Peel over Christmas. Everyone just goes to the closest city with open malls. It makes it worse not better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, T bird said:

Somehow I highly doubt that. I’m dam near certain many locals will continue to ride throughout the area. 

I thought the trails will continue to be maintained for local enforcement to do there thing and keep things in check vs. get out of control making reopening at a possible future easier......in which case, you know the trails will be used, I am sure of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stoney said:

I thought the trails will continue to be maintained for local enforcement to do there thing and keep things in check vs. get out of control making reopening at a possible future easier......in which case, you know the trails will be used, I am sure of it.

Very difficult to do, when Trails are Closed most Clubs then close the gates to private property and install the appropriate Trail Closed signs.

I don’t know what all the Clubs within the North Bay - Parry Sound Health Unit boundaries will choose to do, the minimum would be revising the ITG to Red to indicate Closed.  Whether the OFSC would pay for grooming hours during this period would need to be clarified.

I haven’t read the particulars of the Health Unit’s Orders and what they expect the OFSC Clubs to do.  

I know it will likely be crazy out on Lake Nipissing, Trout Lake as well as Lake Nosbonsing and Lake Talon in the immediate North Bay Area. 

• revrnd locked this topic