Length and Door config on enclosed trailer

Puggz

3 hours ago, skidooboy said:

my thoughts on fuel doors is, just another hole to leak, rust, rot, corrode. like sunroofs in autos... my dad used to say, if you dont want your roof to leak, dont cut a hole in it. :D Ski 

But its not a roof..lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stoney said:

I believe he has a PR147 and according to the website, overall length is 22.5 feet.

https://www.tritontrailers.com/enclosed-cargo/pr/

I saw a PR at the toronto show fall of '19 in Matte black looked sweet but wondering about durability. I would hate the thing to always look dirty in a couple of years. But it sure looked sweet! oh yea, i said that already.. :razz:

40 minutes ago, Puggz said:

I saw a PR at the toronto show fall of '19 in Matte black looked sweet but wondering about durability. I would hate the thing to always look dirty in a couple of years. But it sure looked sweet! oh yea, i said that already.. :razz:

Had a black XT147,  never again. And it was not even the Matte. I seen that trailer there also, then at the dealer. Not for a clean OCD like myself....

But looks good all clean..

Edited by Turbo Doo

Interesting comments about black trailers as I just picked up my new trailer today.

Hopefully white will stay clean looking.  

0D205B82-9BAA-4369-9B5E-4A8A6EC0F6F5.jpeg

A56325D7-C887-42EC-9724-5FE5AF9A1FE8.jpeg

8046F40A-0A13-4840-9BE3-6CEAB7DF94D7.jpeg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Interesting comments about black trailers as I just picked up my new trailer today.

Hopefully white will stay clean looking.  

0D205B82-9BAA-4369-9B5E-4A8A6EC0F6F5.jpeg

A56325D7-C887-42EC-9724-5FE5AF9A1FE8.jpeg

8046F40A-0A13-4840-9BE3-6CEAB7DF94D7.jpeg

Very nice. Congrats. Keeping up on the keeping it clean cycle will help. I know its hard, but after a trip, i always try and pressure wash trailer down. I even had my trailer teflon paint protected not long after i bought it. 

4 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Very nice. Congrats. Keeping up on the keeping it clean cycle will help. I know its hard, but after a trip, i always try and pressure wash trailer down. I even had my trailer teflon paint protected not long after i bought it. 

What does Teflon coating cost?  

Just now, Sksman said:

What does Teflon coating cost?  

Since i had my truck done, it was a decent price. Probably a little overkill, but since the trailers get the usual runs, down the surface from the locks, handles etc, it definitely helped i found last season.  Very little runs down along the trailer skin, from the latches etc. And pressure washing the trailer, the crap came right off. IIRC, it was a couple hundred bucks. 

3 hours ago, slomo said:

Fumes escape while filling and migrate into closed areas in the vehicle and possibly ignited by electrical spark or other means which is why they should be out of the vehicle to be filled. A cigar smoking guy lit one up doing this in Ft. Rae, NWT, which is why I remember the reason so well. 

also, static build up of plastic tanks, and one grounded touch, could discharge static... and poof! now you got a FIRE! in the states cans have to be on the ground, out of the auto/trailer. Ski

• Like 1

13 hours ago, skidooboy said:

also, static build up of plastic tanks, and one grounded touch, could discharge static... and poof! now you got a FIRE! in the states cans have to be on the ground, out of the auto/trailer. Ski

There is usually a sticker with a picture on the pumps here showing gas cans must be on the ground when fueling.

I typically fill my sled in the trailer and never had an issue yet, but I can see why it can be a safety issue.

If I pull my trailer close enough to the pumps, the shorter hoses on the pumps will allow me to fill two sleds through the fuel door.....the sled on the passenger side is tight, but usually reaches.

16 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Had a black XT147,  never again. And it was not even the Matte. I seen that trailer there also, then at the dealer. Not for a clean OCD like myself....

But looks good all clean..

I like black for the visibility particularly in a snow storm. I've come up behind a couple of white trailers and they weren't visible until you got up close. LED bulbs they use now often don't generate enough heat to keep the tail lights visible.

45 minutes ago, stoney said:

There is usually a sticker with a picture on the pumps here showing gas cans must be on the ground when fueling.

I typically fill my sled in the trailer and never had an issue yet, but I can see why it can be a safety issue.

If I pull my trailer close enough to the pumps, the shorter hoses on the pumps will allow me to fill two sleds through the fuel door.....the sled on the passenger side is tight, but usually reaches.

Most of the places I've stopped the hoses have been just long enough to fill both sleds through the man door. A lot of places are beginning to have very short hoses that unless you get the trailer close to the pump are too short to even reach inside through the man door.

The short hoses are a bit of a challenge to gas up my Monte Carlo.  I have had some young people tell me they had never seen the gas fill behind the rear plate.

11 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

The short hoses are a bit of a challenge to gas up my Monte Carlo.  I have had some young people tell me they had never seen the gas fill behind the rear plate.

Cougar was another car like that....as well more, but that was always a car that had nice lines and had the rear gas cap.

25 minutes ago, stoney said:

Cougar was another car like that....as well more, but that was always a car that had nice lines and had the rear gas cap.

I had a 74 Mercury Comet which had a large emblem midway between the tail lights that was the gas cap. Same with the Ford Maverick and the Mustang.

2 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

Son's restoring a '74 Chevy Nova SS with that flip down license plate, fuel cap access. Brings back memories. 

4 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I like black for the visibility particularly in a snow storm. I've come up behind a couple of white trailers and they weren't visible until you got up close. LED bulbs they use now often don't generate enough heat to keep the tail lights visible.

I think the grey / charcoal is the happy medium.  Can't see white in a snow storm.  If the lights are off it's tough to see black at night.  Charcoal doesn't show the dirt as bad either.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, signfan said:

I think the grey / charcoal is the happy medium.  Can't see white in a snow storm.  If the lights are off it's tough to see black at night.  Charcoal doesn't show the dirt as bad either.

I agree on grey. I store my sled in the trailer over the summer & didn't want the heat that black would attract in the summer or white for visibility reasons in the snow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XTC500 said:

I agree on grey. I store my sled in the trailer over the summer & didn't want the heat that black would attract in the summer or white for visibility reasons in the snow.

WHen it’s parked on side of road it’s normally so full of dirt it’s grey anyhow.

i am going to add some reflective tape on the rear.

That and a big Arctic Cat theft deterent sticker in back middle of door!!

• Haha 2

You can sure tell we are impatiently waiting when the #1 topic on OC is what the proper colour for a sled trailer should be.

Will somebody please start the SNOW DANCE!

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

You can sure tell we are impatiently waiting when the #1 topic on OC is what the proper colour for a sled trailer should be.

It sure beats the ridiculousness usually going on in the "Rant of the Day" thread.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, XTC500 said:

It sure beats the ridiculousness usually going on in the "Rant of the Day" thread.

Surely you jest. :lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I had a 74 Mercury Comet which had a large emblem midway between the tail lights that was the gas cap. Same with the Ford Maverick and the Mustang.

Not sure you should include a Comet and Maverick  in the same post as a mustang..

Just don't seem right.

But I get it..

68 Camaro was the same. And multiple others..

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Lol

So true.  We need to get riding.  If not I might have to start another sled trailer topic just for the fun of it.

• Haha 2