Groomer sinks to bottom of pond. Sun Feb 7.

Blake G

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pretty amazing how its done,buddy dropped pick-up thru simcoe & used same rigging to lift...had problems due to bad ice with spring conditions...hope all went well

thx for posting brian

We rode by there last Saturday and like many wondered how the heck do you get a groomer and drag out in 20ft of muck in the location it was?

I find these updates very interesting and educational....love to see more photos when it is lifted.

Thanks Brian.....and again so glad the operator is safe.

I agree with Farmerboy, albeit terrible circumstances, this has been very educational.  Because I rode pass on Monday the 6th, I have been following the progress of this story.

I am advised that Lafond Towing & Recovery were successful in raising the groomer.

No photos yet, I went for a great ride on our trails today.

Encountered a burnt out sled on NB300 and all there was left was the block melted into the trail, two skis marking the location and a pair of shocks sitting on the bank.

As I stopped to take photos I saw and smelled smoke from my wife's 1996 Skidoo Touring E LT 380, 200 meters down the trail the engine was gone. 20 minutes later it was towed to the morgue at Bent Toys where Paul looked after the remains.

He was heading out to pickup the remains of the burnt sled.

3 blown Skidoos in 12 years, 583, 500 & 377.

I think I'm done sledding.

post-21132-0-86358300-1455920659_thumb.jpeg

nice pic,too bad about wifes sled

I am advised that Lafond Towing & Recovery were successful in raising the groomer.

No photos yet, I went for a great ride on our trails today.

Encountered a burnt out sled on NB300 and all there was left was the block melted into the trail, two skis marking the location and a pair of shocks sitting on the bank.

As I stopped to take photos I saw and smelled smoke from my wife's 1996 Skidoo Touring E LT 380, 200 meters down the trail the engine was gone. 20 minutes later it was towed to the morgue at Bent Toys where Paul looked after the remains.

He was heading out to pickup the remains of the burnt sled.

3 blown Skidoos in 12 years, 583, 500 & 377.

I think I'm done sledding.

What's with the burnt sleds around North Bay this year? I've seen two in person and these photos make 3.

Sorry to hear about your sled. Easy to feel down when something like that happens but hope it doesn't end your riding

Brian, if you can ship the engine to Hearst I'll rebuild it for cost of parts, no labor... unless its too late ...

Sorry for the bad luck ... got any sleds left?

Brian, if you can ship the engine to Hearst I'll rebuild it for cost of parts, no labor... unless its too late ...

The sport cannot afford to have bbaker off the trails. Denis, you are a Prince !!

Somebody lost a 2016 yamaha viper turbo today (up in smoke) in sudbury.

Somebody lost a 2016 yamaha viper turbo today (up in smoke) in sudbury.

Yikes!

Denis

Wow, what an amazing and generous offer from you, very touching indeed.

Last week I just spent $250 for new voltage regulator, fan belt, plugs, welding the muffler and repairing the wiring for the heater grips.

Yesterday I put on about 150 perfect Kms and the sled was running better than ever, quieter and better engine performance with the hole in the muffler repaired.

I had some feeling that things were going too well and I was thinking, just give me another month of sledding and that will be the end.

We are hoping to sell our house in North Bay and move to Kitchener to be closer to our two sons and four grandchildren so snowmobiling is over for me.

Rebuilding the 96 is not in the cards as it would be going on kijiji in March anyway.

This will be a big change for me as I spend a lot of time helping the Club and being active with our Club website and Facebook page and answering daily inquiries from many sledders as well as my many friends on Ontario Conditions.

In fact my son and I had lunch yesterday at The Dinner Bell and it was humbling to receive my 3 free date squares from various OCers who left me a gift there. Much appreciated everyone.

I will still be posting to the end of the season.

Thank you again Denis, your offer to assist was very heartwarming and made the day easier for sure.

The corpse will be dismantled at Bent Toys and live to see another day in someone else's sled.

Denis, You are a true gentleman and a scholar!!! Thank you for offering to help one of our OC family members are....Happy to call you a friend...

Brian, you will be sorely missed.  I wish you all the best in Kitchener and hope you will still be active here as your insights are invaluable.

Brian, Thanks for the help you have provided to me over the years, I wish you the very best in the future.  Every time I've called or emailed with questions about the trails I received a prompt accurate reply.  This is truly a great community we have here; proven time after time like the generous offer by Denis.

Brian, you will be sorely missed.  I wish you all the best in Kitchener and hope you will still be active here as your insights are invaluable.

x2 Thank you for all your time and efforts!!!

wow brian,selfishly I'm worried who will do what you do for sledding in north bay.you are a pillar in the snowmobile community to say the least.the info you provide is top notch,will be tuff shoes to fill.is nice you will be closer to your boys & grandkids,imagine you'll have your hands full.so the end of season/retirement party is when & where ?

thx for everything

When you get to Kitchener and someday feel like going out for a pint with another OCer give me a shout

Sad to hear another give up the sport that does ao much

When you get to Kitchener and someday feel like going out for a pint with another OCer give me a shout

X2 X3...   Actually we are coming up to North Bay to tour the university and had thought to drop in. Now I will give it a higher priority.  Thanks for everything as well.

There's still sledding available close to Kitchener if you ever get the itch again , some years are fantastic .

X2 X3...   Actually we are coming up to North Bay to tour the university and had thought to drop in. Now I will give it a higher priority.  Thanks for everything as well.

X4 would love to sit down for a chat anytime. Thanks for all you have done for snowmobiling in Ontario Brian! Not far from Kitchener to come out to wing night at the St. Clements club or The Waterloo Rod & Gun. PM me if you like to vist either clubhouse.

The Groomer Operator was at the site today and I complimented him on his courage in doing an interview so soon after the trauma.

He told me how careful he was in checking ice depth all along his route with the chain saw.

How thick was the ice, when he was checking it? Just shows you, you can do everything right and it just takes one weak, thin spot that the operator couldn't forsee. Glad he is ok and hopefully the rig can be recovered shortly.

X4 would love to sit down for a chat anytime. Thanks for all you have done for snowmobiling in Ontario Brian! Not far from Kitchener to come out to wing night at the St. Clements club or The Waterloo Rod & Gun. PM me if you like to vist either clubhouse

no need to give up sledding, the trails run just east or north of Kitchener 

Archived