New guy in Manotick. (Ottawa)

manotickmike

Didn't see a new members area to post in...

Anyhoo, Thought I'd say hello.

Back to the snow after a prolonged absence, and a very unfortunate (equipment-wise) season last year.

Back with a different sled, hoping for better luck this year. It's up on a stand in the garage, just starting to tear into it.

Anyone in the Ottawa and south area??

Mike

Welcome to the forum.  Lots of advice and friendly banter on here.

welcome,u must not have a Polaris if your having problems with sled.we do have experts on yammi,cat & ski-doo problems...

welcome,u must not have a Polaris if your having problems with sled.we do have experts on yammi,cat & ski-doo problems...

I was going to say... it must be a Poo if it is up on a stand ready to be tore into....

We all have our brand loyalties and sometimes poke fun at the other brands... welcome to the forum.

Some of our "experts" are experts in arm chair opinions only.......not to be confused with real subject matter professionals.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum, and to a great winter that at some point will show its face...

Welcome to the forum. Working on your sled this time of year is really just foreplay.

Welcome!  If it is indeed a Poo, you may never actually ride it!  This is a great place for all types of sledding and related banter.  Good Luck with the project, hope you get a bunch of riding in this year!

Welcome to the forum Mike

welcome!

Ski

Welcome to the forum. :-)

X2, Welcome to the forum! Yes we all have our loyalties whether its a poo,doo, kitty cat or yammi, but there will always be someone on here that will be able to give you good advice when you need it and sometimes when you dont. 

I seen that you had doo in the past and currently have a yammi?  Last year I got the 2008 yammi Apex gt short track, it was a great sled, lots of ponies under the hood but it weighed a ton and with the short track as soon as you went off trail I sunk and god help ya getting that out! So I hope you do have the long track!?

X2, Welcome to the forum! Yes we all have our loyalties whether its a poo,doo, kitty cat or yammi, but there will always be someone on here that will be able to give you good advice when you need it and sometimes when you dont. 

I seen that you had doo in the past and currently have a yammi?  Last year I got the 2008 yammi Apex gt short track, it was a great sled, lots of ponies under the hood but it weighed a ton and with the short track as soon as you went off trail I sunk and god help ya getting that out! So I hope you do have the long track!?

Isn't that the reason Yamaha owners like to ride with friends.... they're their to pull them out.

That's true but sometimes communication between Yamaha friends breaks down. Text messages from a buried vector owner saying "need help" and a response of "no I'm ok thanks" doesn't help :)

Isn't that the reason Yamaha owners like to ride with friends.... they're their to pull them out.

at least Yammi owners have friends! :rolleyes:

PS.....welcome Mike!!

It's a mutually beneficial relationship, I towed many of my friends before needing help lifting my tank out of a ditch! But the ditch thing actually happened while towing one of them up a hill (lost ski pressure) so I'm not sure if that counts LOL.

That's true but sometimes communication between Yamaha friends breaks down. Text messages from a buried vector owner saying "need help" and a response of "no I'm ok thanks" doesn't help :)

Thank you for my morning laugh.... that was good.

Thank you for my morning laugh.... that was good.

No!  It wasn't! :x  We can laugh about it now, though!  :D 

Hi there. Has anyone seen my cat?

post-22639-0-96202000-1447856239_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the welcome!

It's a Yamaha this time 'round... (Filled out my profile...) It's not broken, as far as I know.

Just giving it a good going over before the season. I wasted my sledding time wrenching last year. And crying, and swearing...

Just got through the bearing maintenance, and I'm 1/2 way through the oil change debacle. Dunno when the last filter change was done, but I do now.

No wonder Yamaha says once @ 500 miles, and again @12,000.. When I button that up, I'm going to wire in a dedicated visor jack, and call it done.

Bring on the snow!

Hi Ian!

Archived