Used Market

signfan

I'm shocked at the asking prices still out there.

If I could get what people are asking - that would mean my sled has cost me $4,000.00 in 10 years!

that would be something lol

30 minutes ago, crispy said:

Apologies it sort of slipped into it. Seems all too easy to do nowadays, everything is one remark or comment away from it. Looking ahead to days when it doesnt all turn political every two seconds.

Its what they want

19 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

If I could get what people are asking - that would mean my sled has cost me $4,000.00 in 10 years!

Its been 10 years?  Wow

2 hours ago, Spiderman said:

LOL, that is about what I dealt with - my cat cost me $3,300.00 for the 9 years I owned/rode it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stoney said:

LOL, that is about what I dealt with - my cat cost me $3,300.00 for the 9 years I owned/rode it!

Should have sold/traded 3 years ago - just could not justify it - still can't :)

2 more years and then I'm onto a new unit.

Soon as hockey is ova!

• Like 2

that was good thing about cat before ,left over sleds at big discounts .my bil picked up new cats so cheap i was tempted myself to buy one .those days are gone now

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wrightonalan said:

that was good thing about cat before ,left over sleds at big discounts .my bil picked up new cats so cheap i was tempted myself to buy one .those days are gone now

Yep, those days aren’t returning. 

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

Should have sold/traded 3 years ago - just could not justify it - still can't :)

Soon as hockey is ova!

What makes ya so sure hockey is over in 2 years. 

Should be perfect timing to buy a 858 cat with one year under its belt. 

2 hours ago, wrightonalan said:

Big sale at Country Corners.

IMG_6418.thumb.png.9d4c77c63c0387290d0255bdba075301.png

yep, save $1….lol

Actually, my buddy that I mentioned earlier has called me 3 times this week. I guess Ski-Doo has some incentives on and he can pick up a left

over 2023 Adrenaline 900 R for $17500 including freight and PDI. Seems reasonable to me considering what people are asking for used.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

yep, save $1….lol

Actually, my buddy that I mentioned earlier has called me 3 times this week. I guess Ski-Doo has some incentives on and he can pick up a left

over 2023 Adrenaline 900 R for $17500 including freight and PDI. Seems reasonable to me considering what people are asking for used.

Yeah not bad at all. Doo’s just not using super good quality shocks on adrenaline  model. That’s why it’s abit cheaper 

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

yep, save $1….lol

That is not bad - I think I paid 19K or so plus tax for my 2022 X, and the 2023 saw that price increase due to the silliness in the market.

And buy new shocks if so inclined, than he is all set!

3 minutes ago, stoney said:

That is not bad - I think I paid 19K or so plus tax for my 2022 X, and the 2023 saw that price increase due to the silliness in the market.

And buy new shocks if so inclined, than he is all set!

He wont change the shocks and to step up to a '24 X he'd be another $3000.

He can get a 2024 Renegade Adrenalin 900 Ace for $16000 also but I told him its his last time to be a man. 80hp for $1600? Its a no brainer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

He wont change the shocks and to step up to a '24 X he'd be another $3000.

He can get a 2024 Renegade Adrenalin 900 Ace for $16000 also but I told him its his last time to be a man. 80hp for $1600? Its a no brainer.

I’d take that 3 grand and buy shocks for the 2023. 

I agree with you, always good to have a few more ponies, there for when you want to use it and be a man..lol

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Soon as hockey is ova!

Hahaha. What about new child and wedding coming. 
Then they need a room in basement since housing un affordable. 🤣

Better buy sled now and you have it 😎 

Doing my basement now for some of above ressons. Man is it expensive. Have 35 k into project already. Floors aren’t in yet 🤣

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wrightonalan said:

Dodged a bullet there!

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

yep, save $1….lol

900r is the way to go for that price. Also Cat resale is less than desirable so getting a used one makes sense to me (sort of) but new. Never.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Soon as hockey is ova!

Go back to polaris. The 850 motor is strong and like most 800 two strokes. Good to 8000km.

41 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Go back to polaris. The 850 motor is strong and like most 800 two strokes. Good to 8000km.

100% will be back to Polaris - my Cat has been fantastic and no complaints - but for sure going back.

2 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

I have an assault 850 with 7999 km  on it for sale!    lol😀

:) - bad timing!

On 9/11/2023 at 11:09 PM, Strong Farmer said:

Your right they are financing debt over a longer period of time too. I have a feeling with interest rates it’s going to bite us in butt soon. What worries me is lack of future generation planning. Pickering obsolute soon saying 2026 now. Then what 🤣

What many folks forget is that we went from having the 2nd lowest hydro rates in North America (only Quebec was cheaper) to one of the most expensive.   This was the result of the break up of Ontario Hydro.    Mike Harris did this, blaming Ontario Hydro for having such a huge debt.    What he didn't say was the debt was the mortgage on building Darlington and the principal owing was being reduced yearly.

When Pickering was build there was a mortgage (debt), it was paid off, ditto for the Bruce and the debt was progressively being paid off for Darlington.

The break up of Ontario Hydro was nothing more than a scam to put money in the pockets of the BAY St.   The LCBO is next, soon to be followed by private health insurance.

Sir Adam Beck saw this same bullshit going on 130 yrs ago and formed Ontario Hydro to stop the gouging and profiteering,   Ontario Hydro was mandated to sell at cost, and it did.

The problem is not the cost of oil, not the cost of food, not the taxes we pay, or the high interest rates.     The problem is the people that actually do the work are not being paid a high enough wage.    Henry Ford realized that if he paid his workers more, then they could go out and buy a new sofa, or car or stove and motivate the entire economy so that more people would have money to buy his cars.  

Take a drive around Bolton and see the mega homes, or drive anywhere and see all these huge estates in the country.    Who owns them?   Where did these people get the money?   Bet they have employees making minimum wage and holding down 2 jobs, relying on food banks and living in substandard conditions.  The rest of us wouldn't need to be tipping 25~ 30% to help out the workers if their employers paid them properly.

There my friends is the real problem......quit blaming this politician or that party......they're all the same.....saying anything to get your vote.

Okay, my rant is done

Now what oil should I use in my sled?

thanks

brian

• Like 3

Tipping:

You are missing the boat here.

My daughter went to nursing skewl for 4 years. After the first semester (?) she got a job waiting tables at a higher up restaurant (Toledo). She has to work hard to keep her grades, but she was able to still waitress about 32 hrs/week I think.

We paid her books and her health insurances and car costs and whatnot, but not her actual skewling fees. 

She graduated skewl, fully paid for, and then went to the used car dealer and had a hard time explaining to the salesman there that she was paying ca$h, until she finally opened up her purse to show him wads of greenbacks.

At which point she got married and moved to Columbus and got a job at the Ohio State Hospital there, and in her spare time - yet another high end restaurant, and paid her husbands tuition for his veterinary skewling.

She ran with that gig until she was (?) 8 months pregnant? Tips only go up if you are cute and pregnant!

Now, the dark side of those jobs is that these people go home each night with ca$h in their pockets, and time on their hands, and that industry has a terrible time with drugs. Her co-workers [as I understand it] would shoot up at work even. You and me may not be able to tell it, but - apparently they are. Go home and party 'till early morning.

These people ARE NOT in need of more funds! They may be broke, but "easy come - easy go" applies here.

My sister and BIL would rather that their kids drive a 1/2 hour to my machine shop to work, than to have them work at fast food joints in town. She has "told me" that "I want [Bill or George, not Sue] to work in your shop this summer. Can you find him sumpthing to doo?" My BIL is an EMT, and he gets the call for OD's in the McDonald's (or other) parking lots after hours all too often. He doesn't want his 15/16 yr old kids working with those 19/20 yr olds.

Drugs are a bad thing to begin with, but apparently much worse in the food service industry.

Those tipped waitresses are making 3x/hr than you are.

Don't feel too sorry for them.

Pray for them to not end up a junky!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ox said:

Tipping:

You are missing the boat here.

My daughter went to nursing skewl for 4 years. After the first semester (?) she got a job waiting tables at a higher up restaurant. She has to work hard to keep her grades, but she was able to still waitress about 32 hrs/week I think.

We paid her books and her health insurances and car costs and whatnot, but not her actual skewling fees. 

She graduated skewl, fully paid for, and then went to the used car dealer and had a hard time explaining to the salesman there that she was paying ca$h, until she finally opened up her purse to show him wads of greenbacks.

At which point she got married and moved to a different city and got a job at yet another high end restaurant, and paid her husbands tuition for his veterinary skewling.

She ran with that gig until she was (?) 8 months pregnant? Tips only go up if you are cute and pregnant!

Now, the dark side of those jobs is that these people go home each night with ca$h in their pockets, and time on their hands, and that industry has a terrible time with drugs. Her co-workers [as I understand it] would shoot up at work even. You and me may not be able to tell it, but - apparently they are. Go home and party 'till early morning.

These people ARE NOT in need of more funds! They may be broke, but "easy come - easy go" applies here.

My sister and BIL would rather that their kids drive a 1/2 hour to my machine shop to work, than to have them work at fast food joints in town. She has "told me" that "I want [Bill or George, not Sue] to work in your shop this summer. Can you find him sumpthing to doo?" My BIL is an EMT, and he gets the call for OD's in the McDonald's (or other) parking lots after hours all too often. He doesn't want his 15/16 yr old kids working with those 19/20 yr olds.

Drugs are a bad thing to begin with, but apparently much worse in the food service industry.

Those tipped waitresses are making 3x/hr than you are.

Don't feel too sorry for them.

Pray for them to not end up a junky!

Drugs don’t get me started. 
I had a catching crew couldn’t find farm. 
So they call and I tell them how to get here. So they stay on phone and I see them go by on main road. So I them they just went by. So they slam on brakes and start backing up with a trailer on van. Imagine that backing up Down a main road at night when you can’t even see be hind yeah. Then they turn to sharp and take out my mail box post and then wheel on trailer falls off. 🤣🤣🤣

long storey short they are all drugged up. So I call processor and say they are high and shouldn’t be working. So do you have a crew b. They call back and tell me, I have to let them work but they send someone else to come pick them

uo when done. So I told them no more smoking on farm until all chickens are loaded. What a night that was. 😆

Then sent a flat bed for trailer too the next day.  
I just fixed mail box post my self without saying anything.

Next 😎

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I had a catching crew couldn’t find farm. 

They like to stop at the local Timmies between barns sometimes.

A few years back, the owner was having some painting done in the bathrooms. 

Next day, as these crews show up, ask crew manager to please have his crew refrain from writing in the wet paint with fingers.  Crew manager asks how he knows it his guys, and not someone else.  Owner replies, there are chicken feathers stuck on the wall as well.😄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2