Used Market

signfan

Bob Rae NDP one and only term as Ontario gov't ran the deficits up so extreme during his tenure Mike Harris had to make some rash moves to get the finances back in order. Harris had his hands full and like him or dislike him he did what he campaigned for ( only Canadian elected official I know of who actually did this ) and he left Ontario with a balanced budget. Took selling off some huge assets to do this. Sucks that this was done, but surely better than firing half the government workers and services instead.

Financial choices are hard. None that are worthwhile are ever easy. Easy promises and lies is what the NDP and Liberals do. Never live up to their promises and always bury us in more debt. All the same? Now thats a lie and a load of BS. If they are all the same why dont you all simply vote for who I tell you too and we can cease ever arguing or talking about any of this again, after all they are all the same why not kill two birds with one stone?

TCW3

• Like 1

So, how about that used market.......:coffeenose:

Perhaps some folks trying to make up for less than ideal wages or their stupid spending habits/choices, so need to make up for it elsewhere.

Just remember, if you devalue things, less profit is generally made with healthy competition, the higher things "cost", the more profit is made, generally speaking.

Just look at the grocery chains and the profits they are making, theirs "costs" have gone up, no one can argue that, just like so many others, their margins have likely remained the same, like most business' would do unless forced otherwise to change, but a corporation cannot see higher revenue numbers without seeing higher profits, because you know what the equates too = less workers on their payroll.....

• 20 point on $100 is out the door at $125.00 to consumer
  • 20 points on $110 is out the door at $137.50 to consumer
  • Business just made an extra $2.50 simply because the "cost" went up.

One extra costs that no one can deny is the cost of delivering products, that has seen more than one tax added to their costs from our amazing idiot PM as of late, so more tax at source that also means more tax on selling of end product that is out the door with a higher value, that is giving our government more and those business' more profit for those nice houses, cars, etc....

As for oil, I would suggest the BRP engine oil, filter and seal kit for your 900 ACE - I prefer to use high quality diff fluid for my chain case, that I usually have sitting around from doing my diff's on my trucks over the years.

• Like 3

On 9/12/2023 at 8:35 PM, Blackstar said:

Actually, my buddy that I mentioned earlier has called me 3 times this week. I guess Ski-Doo has some incentives on and he can pick up a left

over 2023 Adrenaline 900 R for $17500 including freight and PDI. Seems reasonable to me considering what people are asking for used.

Got a text an hour ago and he bought that '23 Adr 900 R.

He sold his last sled in '08 or '09. Good to have a riding partner get back in the game.  :cheers:

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Got a text an hour ago and he bought that '23 Adr 900 R.

He sold his last sled in '08 or '09. Good to have a riding partner get back in the game.  :cheers:

Good for him and even better for you - perhaps some more KM this year, or out more and not necessarily a lot more KM, but enjoyment riding more often!

27 minutes ago, stoney said:

So, how about that used market.......:coffeenose:

Perhaps some folks trying to make up for less than ideal wages or their stupid spending habits/choices, so need to make up for it elsewhere.

Just remember, if you devalue things, less profit is generally made with healthy competition, the higher things "cost", the more profit is made, generally speaking.

Just look at the grocery chains and the profits they are making, theirs "costs" have gone up, no one can argue that, just like so many others, their margins have likely remained the same, like most business' would do unless forced otherwise to change, but a corporation cannot see higher revenue numbers without seeing higher profits, because you know what the equates too = less workers on their payroll.....

• 20 point on $100 is out the door at $125.00 to consumer
  • 20 points on $110 is out the door at $137.50 to consumer
  • Business just made an extra $2.50 simply because the "cost" went up.

One extra costs that no one can deny is the cost of delivering products, that has seen more than one tax added to their costs from our amazing idiot PM as of late, so more tax at source that also means more tax on selling of end product that is out the door with a higher value, that is giving our government more and those business' more profit for those nice houses, cars, etc....

As for oil, I would suggest the BRP engine oil, filter and seal kit for your 900 ACE - I prefer to use high quality diff fluid for my chain case, that I usually have sitting around from doing my diff's on my trucks over the years.

Actually, 20 points on $100 would be $20.

25 points on $100 would be $25.

The $2.50 isn't necessarily profit because other costs are going up around them which cut into that.

I have kept my margins on product the same as always in my business but my profits are going down because fuel and wages have increased along with shipping, insurance and all the crap that keeps a business running.

Just because there are more dollars in the rising costs doesn't mean you can cut your percentage of mark up.

It will take time for all the bean counters to find the new percentage as all costs get factored in.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Actually, 20 points on $100 would be $20.

25 points on $100 would be $25.

The $2.50 isn't necessarily profit because other costs are going up around them which cut into that.

I have kept my margins on product the same as always in my business but my profits are going down because fuel and wages have increased along with shipping, insurance and all the crap that keeps a business running.

Just because there are more dollars in the rising costs doesn't mean you can cut your percentage of mark up.

It will take time for all the bean counters to find the new percentage as all costs get factored in.

You are referring to markup vs. margin.

Markup is multiplication and margin is division - margin is typically used in most businesses that I have dealt with.

Agreed, so much is going up, but that is why the labour and material costs are increasing, because business' are seeing those increases that gets passed along.

If my loaded labour cost was 35 and now 40 due to costs rising, and my target is 20 points on labour to keep profits healthy, labour sell just went up from 43.75 to 50.00.

Same for material you buy to turn around and sell as services offered and the margin you need to maintain.

But when rent goes up, utilities, etc....you either have that factored into your loaded labour costs or potentially increase margins or as you say, maybe break even with the extra profit you are making from the increased costs/increased sell.....or choose to make less money.

Of course there is the time it takes to do things - everything takes so much longer it seems now. either people are slower, aging work force (which I think you mentioned actually recently) or added procedures to doing simple tasks that now take up time, so you now quote 1.25 hours for a task that used to take 1 hour.

7 minutes ago, stoney said:

Good for him and even better for you - perhaps some more KM this year, or out more and not necessarily a lot more KM, but enjoyment riding more often!

Oh, I'm hoping for better than 600 kms this year....lol

I did a run down with the wife last night about my winter plans. I hope to visit my son in Alberta in Dec. I hope to get my first run with the sled in January where ever in Ontario has snow.

Late February I hope to run a 3-4 day trip with her and a few days in Elliot Lake early March.

She plans to go to Florida for the rest of Sept, then 3 weeks in Nov, back to Florida for all of Jan and half of Feb, come home and do a couple rides, back to Florida for April......lol

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, stoney said:

You are referring to markup vs. margin.

Markup is multiplication and margin is division - margin is typically used in most businesses that I have dealt with.

Agreed, so much is going up, but that is why the labour and material costs are increasing, because business' are seeing those increases that gets passed along.

If my loaded labour cost was 35 and now 40 due to costs rising, and my target is 20 points on labour to keep profits healthy, labour sell just went up from 43.75 to 50.00.

Same for material you buy to turn around and sell as services offered and the margin you need to maintain.

But when rent goes up, utilities, etc....you either have that factored into your loaded labour costs or potentially increase margins or as you say, maybe break even with the extra profit you are making from the increased costs/increased sell.....or choose to make less money.

Of course there is the time it takes to do things - everything takes so much longer it seems now. either people are slower, aging work force (which I think you mentioned actually recently) or added procedures to doing simple tasks that now take up time, so you now quote 1.25 hours for a task that used to take 1 hour.

Right.

The goal is to make profit, this is precisely what our economy needs. More profit not less. Profit is money spent on wants not basic essentials. We surely do not want to live in a Country where the only things we can afford are basic needs. If people do not spend money on wants those sectors dry up and go away and are not so easy to restart. For instance why dont we all band together and open a snowmobile manufacturing co and compete with BRP? Ridiculous concept surely you all agree. But if BRP gets hurt and made non profitable the sleds we love go bye bye. Yamaha just did this for this reason. Not profitable enough to be worthwhile anymore.

To intentionally drive up costs to produce and make profiteering some sort of boogey man to sell to the public is what the Liberals are doing and quite successfully too I might add. Just look at the sheer exodus of Ontarios manufacturing and business sector under Kathleen Wynnes ridiculous policies and hydro costs. The numbers of corporations that pulled the pin, packed up and closed or moved to the United States under Ontario Liberals watch was staggering and should scare the pants off of all of us. Think about it. Blindly and intentionally driving profitable businesses into financial ruin by design. Thats the government Ontario voted for. Trudeaus butt buddy Gerald Butts was key in these efforts with McGuinty/Wynne.

Sure the school teachers all got raises during this time, and sure the cupe guys all got taken care of, all with DEBT not a one of these systems is safe now that the finances are in shambles. The smart move would have been to not do the windmill scam crap and not try and buy votes with billion plus dollars of scuttled Oakville gas plants etc etc etc. In order to pay the bills we all need corporations to make a lot more profits. The only way to do this is to create an environment where these business interests are protected to insure their investments over time to make it worthwhile to grow and stay in Ontario, and Canada as a whole.

Right now our corporate investment is at frightening low levels and why wouldnt it be? The Liberal/NDP scam artists have everyone angry at busines making profits as if this is somehow bad for us? Wow, shocked here. The ability to pull the wool over Canadians eyes is so easy these days. Point the finger and say" Thats the bad guy! Next thing you know the companies who bring our food to stores for us look like this

Screen Shot 2023-09-19 at 7.26.07 AM.png

• Like 2