New Cats

Baylaker

28 minutes ago, Puggz said:

Woa cowboy! Fair enough but my opinion is that its still too little to late.  There's no differentiation here, unless you consider getting less for your $ as a differentiation.

I guess it also depends on what you think you need and what is the latest and greatest and what you're willing to pay for.

Sleds will never come back down to the cost I think I want to pay - and personally I don't see ENOUGH changes/refinement to warrant the cost difference between what I have and what is out there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

Stick with the first plan buddy   go with the X  Don't get the 1 1/2 in track   take it from Coldfinger and me   lol 

So what’s wrong with the 1.5”….it’s been a great track, maybe lose some top end, buts that okay…lol
And I’d suggest adrenaline and than upgrade your shocks vs. the X. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stoney said:

So what’s wrong with the 1.5”….it’s been a great track, maybe lose some top end, buts that okay…lol

My 1.5 ice ripper delaminated outside lugs ripped off. 6,400 km . 2022 Renegade 3 dealers in 2 provinces had the same explanation, and no warranty. Now have a 1.25 '' ice attack as recommended by Quebec  dealer who is very hands on and knowledgeable in my opinion . 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, coldfinger said:

My 1.5 ice ripper delaminated outside lugs ripped off. 6,400 km . 2022 Renegade 3 dealers in 2 provinces had the same explanation, and no warranty. Now have a 1.25 '' ice attack as recommended by Quebec  dealer who is very hands on and knowledgeable in my opinion . 

I figured that was the reason. 
knock on wood, mine is good, inspect it frequently though due to others having similar experience. 
I think I have around 5500km. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Puggz said:

Woa cowboy! Fair enough but my opinion is that its still too little to late.  There's no differentiation here, unless you consider getting less for your $ as a differentiation.

I agree, the Catalyst chassis has likely caught up with the other 2 manu's but its no game changer, its just going to be on par.

They needed a 180 hp 2 stroke to put in it too.

Or, had they come with stellar pricing like they did a few years ago, they may have pulled some buyers from Doo and Poo.

If you wear Black/Green/purple leathers then you may see things differently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coldfinger said:

Good to know. 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 1:26 PM, Puggz said:

Its unfortunate as this was a great opportunity for AC to bring us something exciting.  Considering their parent company, its not like they don't have the $$.  l recall doing a customer survey with them about 4 yrs back and they were looking for feedback on a built in GPS. Its not like they don't know their market and/or competition.  Furthermore, whats with no 800 in the new platform? The RR and T-Cat are still sporting the old chassis and plastic. The ctek 600 is a great engine (I have 2 of them) but in a world of 900's and boosted 2 strokes they've missed the mark by a mile.  Wouldn't surprise me if Yamaha jumps ship as soon as their agreement runs its course.  Yama-Poo inbound..lol

I think they are developing a new 850..900 and it is not ready for 2025, you will see it in 2025. The 4 stroke may not fit in there at all.

On 3/2/2023 at 7:52 PM, Blackstar said:

Ya, I was disappointed to see the rice of a ZR9000. They have a Trail Blazer Package which gives you a medium height windshield, tunnel bag, handlebar bag and a proper front bumper for another $1100. I think the freight is another $850. That puts the TCat at $29400 and we don't have studs, descent carbides or taxes yet. :whatever:

I'm struggling with it all. I had set things up so I would be spring ordering my next sled this year. I was thinking that, at 58, it could very well be my last. But with only 300 kms this season, on a 2015 sled which now has 7000 kms, does it even make sense?

I've been watching Marketplace and there are plenty of low mileage sleds showing up at reasonable prices in the last 2 weeks. I'm thinking there will be more before the end of the month.

So I will wait. Maybe I will order, maybe I will buy slightly used, maybe I will stay with what I have. Its just had a full service, new sliders and carbides. See if I ride more next year than the past 5 years, because if I don't then I'm out.

Only thing that will screw things more up is if Yamaha puts out an SRX in Black and Gold..........:bowdown:

I was going to spring for a 24 sidewinder. We rode once for a week this year and that is all.

. Now having second thoughts. However if I do buy, it may be my last and would be low mile after 5 years.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2023 at 5:09 PM, coldfinger said:

What was the dealers explanation for lugs ripping?

9 hours ago, signfan said:

I did some reading and this seems to be the common theory on Dootalk.

Its a combined problem between the tunnel/Heat Exchanger design and the 1.5 soft lug track. The tunnel has enough clearance for the track until it starts to ice up. Once it does the lugs on the 1.5 will start slapping on the ice build up which bends and eventually breaks the lugs from the track. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Its a combined problem between the tunnel/Heat Exchanger design and the 1.5 soft lug track. The tunnel has enough clearance for the track until it starts to ice up. Once it does the lugs on the 1.5 will start slapping on the ice build up which bends and eventually breaks the lugs from the track. 

Right on Blackstar.  Also trail conditions , frozen hard jagged ice going into corners to fast . Instead of the ice ripper track ripping up the ice , the ice is ripping up the track . Shorter lug less flex Hopefully the 1.25 track solves the problem cause my kid ain't  slowing down .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

1.25" Ripsaw II DONE

I have 14,000kms on my ripsaw 2, not one issue other than it’s now down to just over an inch in lug height. I think the next track will be the 1.5” ripsaw 2 track. 

46 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

I have 14,000kms on my ripsaw 2, not one issue other than it’s now down to just over an inch in lug height. I think the next track will be the 1.5” ripsaw 2 track. 

The longevity of your track vs. others mentioned is no doubt partly due to the chassis it is in and possibly speeds ran.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

That’s a good life. You don’t eat sliders on hard trails with taller lug? That was always my fear unless you stud it? 

On 3/3/2023 at 3:27 PM, stoney said:

The difference in price between an X and a ADR is $450.

The X comes with KYB-36's and a 10.25 Display. What other difference between the 2? And wouldn't the KYB-36's be rebuildable if I was looking for a bit better ride?

Seems to me that $450 is worth it for the display alone.

V2 has a lot of seat time on his new Enduro and has an opinion   on shock packages. He may chime in .

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The difference in price between an X and a ADR is $450.

The X comes with KYB-36's and a 10.25 Display. What other difference between the 2? And wouldn't the KYB-36's be rebuildable if I was looking for a bit better ride?

Seems to me that $450 is worth it for the display alone.

I didn’t do a price comparison but if that’s the difference, not worth the savings to go adrenaline….I just assumed it was more of a difference. 
The skid shocks seem good, it’s the front shocks that aren’t, on the X, imo. 
All are rebuildable on the X. 

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The tunnels do ice up pretty good depending riding conditions and on multiple day trips when you can’t thaw her out. 
I make an effort of keeping tunnel clear as best I can when we stop on trips. 
 I’d like to think I’m also a rider who tries to be aware where or what I’m spinning my track on when in marginal conditions or roads, parking lots, etc….

15 hours ago, signfan said:

3 hours ago, signfan said:

And what is the dealers response?

Good question but I’m thinking most tread this topic lightly based on people’s experience that I’ve read regarding failures. 

Like all else, for every bad experience there are just as many good ones…..especially on the interwebs…..lol

5 hours ago, coldfinger said:

Right on Blackstar.  Also trail conditions , frozen hard jagged ice going into corners to fast . Instead of the ice ripper track ripping up the ice , the ice is ripping up the track . Shorter lug less flex Hopefully the 1.25 track solves the problem cause my kid ain't  slowing down .

40 minutes ago, coldfinger said:

Read back a few posts .

Is it this one above what dealers say about track failures?

Sorry, I just assumed that was your opinion/thoughts. 

3 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

The longevity of your track vs. others mentioned is no doubt partly due to the chassis it is in and possibly speeds ran.

The ripsaw 2 track is a very good track, low and high speeds lol