Boy is OC quiet 🤫

gobills

THE START OF A GREAT DAY IN SOUTHERN ONTARIO, YAMAHA & SKIDOO, CREEMORE, 491KM DAY

• Like 9

I live one concession east of Cashtown Corners. Our snow will be mostly gone in the fields (where it was all wind blown) and only the big drifts will be left, trails are closed, and what is left will be ice when it freezes.... This winter is great this year!

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Basketcase said:

I live one concession east of Cashtown Corners. Our snow will be mostly gone in the fields (where it was all wind blown) and only the big drifts will be left, trails are closed, and what is left will be ice when it freezes.... This winter is great this year!

Pouring rain in fergus right now…absolutely pouring. 
I’m just thankful we got our last ride in from home while it was decent. Back to trailering/travelling again to finish off the season.

• Like 1

Pouring rain Stratford.    Any snow we have will be gone by Sunday.   It will take a miracle to get anything south of North Bay up and running this season. 

I am booked into Amos area for next weekend.   

• Like 1

Season is over folks

Pack it in - put your money and mind somewhere else.

Hands down the absolute shittiest winter in my 47 years.

• Sad 1

lots of rain coming for muskokas,going to hurt some trails if that much arrives 

PXL_20230209_184933944.jpg

10 minutes ago, MXZMike said:

I haven't even started my sled this year :(  It looked so unbelievable promising at Christmas with 3' of snow and then it all went POOF, and going POOF again.

Mike

ive got 20 whole km on

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

Season is over folks

Pack it in - put your money and mind somewhere else.

Hands down the absolute shittiest winter in my 47 years.

Let’s see. $1600 for preseason maintenance on 2 sleds, $900 for insurance, $400 for permits and $100 for fuel…. And I rode 300 kms…..:rotflmao:

I’d like to hold out and say maybe I’ll squeeze one more ride in but I find it works better in my head to just say “screw it, it’s done, and move on to other things.”

Ive decide to keep my Cat for another year  and see how next season pans out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Muskoka Man said:

lots of rain coming for muskokas,going to hurt some trails if that much arrives 

PXL_20230209_184933944.jpg

The winds will shift and it will be a snow/rain mix - more snow though :cheers:

Positive thoughts!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Let’s see. $1600 for preseason maintenance on 2 sleds, $900 for insurance, $400 for permits and $100 for fuel…. And I rode 300 kms…..:rotflmao:

I’d like to hold out and say maybe I’ll squeeze one more ride in but I find it works better in my head to just say “screw it, it’s done, and move on to other things.”

$10.00 a Km.............cheap!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Not bad, $5.33 per km ..... :rotflmao:

I did the math on the trip I just did and it was around $1.25 per km....

I’m going to push for another ride or 2. It may not happen, but if it does, north bay, mattawa or Sudbury will be on my radar. Their long range forecast looks ok…just need to get through another week or so of plus temps which can still change for better or worse. We’ll see what happens.

If last weeks ride was my last ride, I’m good with it. Ive never experienced such a horrible winter for sledding…

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stoney said:

looks like my math is off.....I just assumed 1600 was all in......but it is not...lol

LOL. I double checked mine after..............Either way it sucks

So far mine is as follows..

900 Maintenance on 3 sleds, 900 insurance, 400 on permits, 75 on fuel, .............at 20  Km's...........hmmm.

I never even bought a pass this year witch is first in many many years 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

LOL. I double checked mine after..............Either way it sucks

So far mine is as follows..

900 Maintenance on 3 sleds, 900 insurance, 400 on permits, 75 on fuel, .............at 20  Km's...........hmmm.

I normally do not do the math, not sure why I did this year, but I think it was because everything is more now and a week trip seemed to take a bigger bite out of the Visa....lol.

I only consider the costs of the ride or trip......nothing else that I spent on beforehand, that would paint a different picture if I did.

10 minutes ago, stoney said:

I normally do not do the math, not sure why I did this year, but I think it was because everything is more now and a week trip seemed to take a bigger bite out of the Visa....lol.

I only consider the costs of the ride or trip......nothing else that I spent on beforehand, that would paint a different picture if I did.

Ya im not worried. Im 99% out of the serious side of the sport now. Ill put up 2 sleds for sale for sure. and See what I will get myself. 

Im in the mood to get an old Mach Z triple and spark it up a few times a year for a quick rip.  But I always threaten to do that,

• Like 1

I imagine there might be a lot of used sleds coming up for sale with this winters performance 

my sled hasn’t left the trailer and likely won’t with my work schedule this season 

this rain today is just a slap in the face to an already poor season but nothing we can do about it 

• Like 1

were all in the same boat .weather really sucks .if you dont do the big trip up north or quebec its hardly worth it anymore

• Like 3

Quebec is getting snow and the north is fine. It's just getting started. We had a winter like this only 3 or 4 years ago. Might of even been two winters back to back that things ended early.  Things didn't start till first of Feb and a big rain killed things family day weekend. Sucks, but just have to make the best of it. I still think there needs to be a way to engineer snow making in a more efficient manner that would make sense for snowmobile clubs.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2023 at 5:41 AM, Baylaker said:

This was south end of FEB trails yesterday, that section is now closed…🤷🏼‍♂️15556706-E5FF-4CC2-9316-3DBDC0988724.thumb.jpeg.22ccc9343043751e3992452cc000e6a1.jpeg

Yikes! And I was cursing the never ending  "moguls" riding locally Sun. afternoon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1