Boy is OC quiet 🤫

gobills

Saturday night on OC during sledding season used to be full of posts with the days pics, advice,  etc..  Not sure what has happened here but this place sure is not the same.  Besides stoney keeping posts going it's awkwardly quiet.  Minus the nonsense in the monkeys forum.

I was thinking the same thing the last week - with lots opening and I am sure more getting out, not much reporting.....but I get that some folks either don't want to or cant be bothered, sign of the times I guess.

It has been a rather lack luster season too given the winter, that doesn't help either get the blood or mood flowing..

• Like 1

usually we have been riding for several weeks. I havent even started the sleds. havent been to the house to ride since new years day. going to be a short, low mileage winter for us. I am looking forward to dirt bike riding, and racing again, this summer. coming fast. Ski 

3 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

usually we have been riding for several weeks. I havent even started the sleds. havent been to the house to ride since new years day. going to be a short, low mileage winter for us. I am looking forward to dirt bike riding, and racing again, this summer. coming fast. Ski 

Is there snow in upper Michigan this year? 

i got out today for a nice rip .fergus ,arthur ,area .trails were pretty good for the most part .feels so good to finally get out .

• Like 4

Well, it was too cold to take too many pics today, turn and burn for us, got up at 10:00 last night, did 128 miles with my son today, back home now and out the door at 8:00 am  tomorrow for hockey.

I will say, best  “limited “ trails I have ever ridden.

that term is disrespectful to the work done by the clubs and the conditions we had today, they were A+.

AB814A6E-EF37-407A-AD1D-ED3E9851E2FA.jpeg

801959C0-0403-4EFB-A959-0B4C73437386.jpeg

• Like 9

We started out on the FEB trails which were freshly groomed (first tracks on them) and made our way over to Dundalk, then up through Honeywood & into Creemore. From there, we rode through Singhampton, Thornbury and through Walters Falls over to Owen Sound for lunch. After lunch we made our way down to Chatsworth on the rail bed which was table top, then down to Chesley, Hanover, through Mount Forest, down to Arthur and then home. Conditions were a mixed bag, ranging from really good to really bad. Total distance for todays ride was 491.1km. Let’s see what Monday brings…🤔

50DED761-6420-4515-B863-A2A3F16A4475.jpeg

0B4EB0D3-79EE-42F8-AB80-DAE952304DB7.jpeg

448F0726-C2B7-4782-883A-37FDD50C17DC.jpeg

AE5E725C-FA62-470D-9798-17B77FC00E09.jpeg

940B0E90-4810-4DBF-92DD-F6DCB1E20DCB.jpeg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

Nice ride ride ride there is a thunderstorm coming Tuesday 😂. Monday will be a good ride day 😎

I’m hoping most clubs have their trails cleaned up before the incoming rain. 🤞🏼

4 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

nice ride ,thats double what i put on .where did you find best snow ?Im hoping too that weather doesnt kill it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baylaker said:

I don't know about other clubs but  its 4 degrees here and I can see a brownish tinge on the trail already. Still lots of sleds out and about.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Baylaker said:

get after it while you can, 14 out of the next 14 days are forecast above freezing in Central lower Michigan, which will wipe out central lower Ontario's trails. probably hurt the near north a bunch too. sorry to be a debbie downer but, the forecast is there. Ski

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I don't know about other clubs but  its 4 degrees here and I can see a brownish tinge on the trail already. Still lots of sleds out and about.

I just jumped in my truck and was shocked to see +6c on the dash.    I knew it was mild but didnt think it was that warm today.    All of the ice and slop that has been frozen on my truck for the last week is now laying on my driveway.    

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I just jumped in my truck and was shocked to see +6c on the dash.    I knew it was mild but didnt think it was that warm today.    All of the ice and slop that has been frozen on my truck for the last week is now laying on my driveway.    

Yup, same in my driveway. Doesn't matter much to me, as I managed to come down with Covid Friday, for the first time. Feel like I tried to go a few rounds with Mike Tyson, so I won't have a trip report for a while.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, tricky said:

Yup, same in my driveway. Doesn't matter much to me, as I managed to come down with Covid Friday, for the first time. Feel like I tried to go a few rounds with Mike Tyson, so I won't have a trip report for a while.

I had it over Christmas.    Kicked the crap out of me for 3 days.    My wife tested positive but was asymptomatic. 

6 hours ago, wrightonalan said:

nice ride ,thats double what i put on .where did you find best snow ?Im hoping too that weather doesnt kill it 

It was really weird, some places have plenty of snow with tons of drifting and the trails could be green, and others just a dusting where you’re banging your skis of rocks and hard spots. It was hit and miss really. FEB, our club has some good trails right now, go north into Arthur, and crossing a field is brutal, all the hard bumps come right up through the bars. It’s like this all over southern ontario right now. 
We like to put in a good ride, seasons are short.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Hopefully it doesn’t  rain much. Really weird  weather. Sad really. You heading up north in March? Glad you got a nice ride in. How is little monster? 

Definitely weird weather this season. I’m not sure what I’ll be doing for March, if the weather keeps going the way it’s going to go I don’t think anyone will be riding in March lol. This is by far the worst season I’ve experienced in a long time. Little one is doing ok, finally sleeping at night now, only took 2 friggin years! 

3 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Sleds are definitely still out and have been passing my house all day.  It’s supposed to drop to -7 overnight tonight, so we’ll see in the morning.

2 hours ago, skidooboy said:

get after it while you can, 14 out of the next 14 days are forecast above freezing in Central lower Michigan, which will wipe out central lower Ontario's trails. probably hurt the near north a bunch too. sorry to be a debbie downer but, the forecast is there. Ski

Ya it’s definitely not looking good. Oh well, nothing we can do about it.

• Like 1

St. Clements closed their trails at 5PM. Worn right down into the wheat on one field.

3 hours ago, Baylaker said:

It was really weird, some places have plenty of snow with tons of drifting and the trails could be green, and others just a dusting where you’re banging your skis of rocks and hard spots. It was hit and miss really. FEB, our club has some good trails right now, go north into Arthur, and crossing a field is brutal, all the hard bumps come right up through the bars. It’s like this all over southern ontario right now. 
We like to put in a good ride, seasons are short.

i experienced the very same thing ,i was on that field in arthur .better than staying at home !!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wrightonalan said:

i experienced the very same thing ,i was on that field in arthur .better than staying at home !!

This was south end of FEB trails yesterday, that section is now closed…🤷🏼‍♂️15556706-E5FF-4CC2-9316-3DBDC0988724.thumb.jpeg.22ccc9343043751e3992452cc000e6a1.jpeg

• Sad 2