Jump to content

Snowmobile Show cancelled


Siege
 Share

Recommended Posts

The Boat Show will be the next to cancel.   Pride Marine has already bailed on it for this year.   It will be tough to get exhibitors back after a couple years off.  

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, scottyr said:

The Boat Show will be the next to cancel.   Pride Marine has already bailed on it for this year.   It will be tough to get exhibitors back after a couple years off.  

I think you are right. With low inventory at dealers now, no reason to pay a few grand and time and energy it takes to go to a few shows a year. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

what a surprise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

I think you are right. With low inventory at dealers now, no reason to pay a few grand and time and energy it takes to go to a few shows a year. 
 

The guys at Pride told me that their TO Boat Show budget is just over $1M.   With no inventory available, why bother?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sad, stupid, again this year. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Disappointing 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear about the Toronto show being cancelled. 

 

Enjoyed seeing oc.com members at the show, planning trips, in some years meeting new people from the forum.

 

Tourism's important. Although this indoor show is cancelled, I don't think this is a sign of things ahead for sledding. The 'District Health unit' concept has to go. Hwy 400 isn't closed where Toronto meets Vaughan nor further north at the Vaughan/Innisfil border, etc. Enjoyed cottage area riding last year, but it's time to (safely) unwind the sled and moi with a few trips further north.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Sorry to hear about the Toronto show being cancelled. 

 

Enjoyed seeing oc.com members at the show, planning trips, in some years meeting new people from the forum.

 

Tourism's important. Although this indoor show is cancelled, I don't think this is a sign of things ahead for sledding. The 'District Health unit' concept has to go. Hwy 400 isn't closed where Toronto meets Vaughan nor further north at the Vaughan/Innisfil border, etc. Enjoyed cottage area riding last year, but it's time to (safely) unwind the sled and moi with a few trips further north.

I hope you're right.  Vaccine passports should replace last year's health unit boundary model.  It really becomes the responsibility of the province and the OFSC should be left alone to run normal operations.  They didn't run the Sept early early permit sales, so hopefully that's a sign of things to come.  In all honesty I wouldn't have went to a trade show this year.  Can't see that changing until my young kids can be vaccinated.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why would there be regional health boundaries this season again,  when the borders open and flights are landing again.  Enough is enough.  I'm riding anywhere I want to this season, just like last season. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why can't we use the prodigal vaccine passports at the show?. What a joke.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Why can't we use the prodigal vaccine passports at the show?. What a joke.

What a joke it is. I won’t name places but lately I’ve been to box stores where you can’t get into the isle because of the crowds and I’ve been working in areas of T.O where the streets are crammed with un masked people and I mean crowds and all is good but they still keep canceling things. 
 

If this year sledding season goes anything like last years bs about staying in your own health unit than something is definitely wrong.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, WinderFab said:

What a joke it is. I won’t name places but lately I’ve been to box stores where you can’t get into the isle because of the crowds and I’ve been working in areas of T.O where the streets are crammed with un masked people and I mean crowds and all is good but they still keep canceling things. 
 

If this year sledding season goes anything like last years bs about staying in your own health unit than something is definitely wrong.

Agreed %100 👍. Say what they want, I'm riding where I see fit...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wait for it......those selfish & spoiled snowmobilers think the world revolves around them :)

 

It really is too bad about this, but given the premise for the show (outdoor enthusiasts), it is very odd that plans were not in the works a while ago to make it an outdoor show....perhaps there is more to the story...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, stoney said:

Wait for it......those selfish & spoiled snowmobilers think the world revolves around them :)

 

It really is too bad about this, but given the premise for the show (outdoor enthusiasts), it is very odd that plans were not in the works a while ago to make it an outdoor show....perhaps there is more to the story...

 

Vaccination passport rollout date is the issue...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Yukon said:

Vaccination passport rollout date is the issue...

Should have never been a factor, IMO….especially as an outdoor event, but that’s another discussion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A factor could be a lack of willing volunteers to operate the booths. Many are usually older and may have concerns.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, yamadan700 said:

A factor could be a lack of willing volunteers to operate the booths. Many are usually older and may have concerns.

Agreed, I know I was on the fence about whether I’d work the booth. I think the dealers are also short on sleds so they don’t need the show this year really. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, yamadan700 said:

A factor could be a lack of willing volunteers to operate the booths. Many are usually older and may have concerns.

Aren’t most of the booths run by businesses, so likely paid?

Not all of course, so that is another factor no doubt. 
 

I also think people in general are still very reluctant to get invested in these things given the environment….. as a business there is an expense to a show that I think on a normal year did not have the greatest returns, likely worse now….or flip side could be great if you look at the spike in the market for the vehicles in this market. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Christy said:

Agreed, I know I was on the fence about whether I’d work the booth. I think the dealers are also short on sleds so they don’t need the show this year really. 

Great point… product is selling itself, why have an expense :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, stoney said:

Wait for it......those selfish & spoiled snowmobilers think the world revolves around them :)

 

It really is too bad about this, but given the premise for the show (outdoor enthusiasts), it is very odd that plans were not in the works a while ago to make it an outdoor show....perhaps there is more to the story...

 

How many super spreader BS snowmobile trips and gatherings caused massive covid spread last season?. Wait for it,  wait for it,  Anyone?????????. Yup....

 

I'm riding....

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...