Sled Recovery Services

revrnd

Just saw that a chap that I know in Youngs Point will haul damaged sleds. His wife had posted pics on Faceplant

Image may contain: snow and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

Image may contain: sky, tree, car and outdoor

Mark Jorgensen Towing 705-652-0438. 

Post if you know of any other towing outfits that will haul sleds.

@infernobuster Did Brinklow's out of Bancroft take your sled for you?

• revrnd changed the title to Sled Recovery Services
1 hour ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Looks like all that was needed was a pressure washer to get it off the road!

That might've resulted in a littering charge.

32 minutes ago, whits-end said:

Interesting.  We were stranded in Capreol one time and CAA refused to help.  Said he wouldn't "play that game."

2004 - towed from Whitney back to Huntsville, valentines day.

Requested flat bed for the sled , zero issue and it was all good. 

56 minutes ago, whits-end said:

Interesting.  We were stranded in Capreol one time and CAA refused to help.  Said he wouldn't "play that game."

I was going to say the same thing. The driver has to be creative. When I got my sled hauled to Chapleau from Wawa, he said that my truck had started to leak trans fluid in D'ville & he had brought it to the dealer in Wawa.

31 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I was going to say the same thing. The driver has to be creative. When I got my sled hauled to Chapleau from Wawa, he said that my truck had started to leak trans fluid in D'ville & he had brought it to the dealer in Wawa.

It may have changed since the last time I used it - but it was simple for us - vehicle is vehicle - our membership was not specific for that other than had to be a vehicle that I owned and I had to be with it - was seriously no issue at all.

2 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

It may have changed since the last time I used it - but it was simple for us - vehicle is vehicle - our membership was not specific for that other than had to be a vehicle that I owned and I had to be with it - was seriously no issue at all.

My 'tow' was in 2012.

In my case when I spoke w/ the driver he wasn't sure if he had room. He had an SUV on the roll back w/ a float carrying a bunch of truck tires @ the dealer for delivery to Chapleau. I just had to check the trailer (he was on the road @ the time). Lots of room for the sled. 

An interesting ride leaving Wawa around 5:30 PM.

17 hours ago, revrnd said:

Just saw that a chap that I know in Youngs Point will haul damaged sleds. His wife had posted pics on Faceplant

Image may contain: snow and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

Image may contain: sky, tree, car and outdoor

Mark Jorgensen Towing 705-652-0438. 

Post if you know of any other towing outfits that will haul sleds.

@infernobuster Did Brinklow's out of Bancroft take your sled for you?

Cant recall the company name now. But that doesnt sound familiar .. 

45 minutes ago, infernobuster said:

Cant recall the company name now. But that doesnt sound familiar .. 

I checked their 'website'/Facebook page' Note to @slomo worse the Bergstrom Runners site. Brinklow's in Bancroft will pick up ATVs, so I imagine they would pick up a sled. They're in Bancroft & their number in 613-332-3308

From CAA Southeastern Ontario, see screenshot

This is for Accident Tows.

Snowmobiles in of themselves are not eligible but trailers with a snowmobile are.

About 20 years ago CAA put my Dodge Caravan on their roll off but the operator charged me separately for the snowmobile trailer.  CAA reimbursed me afterwards as a Goodwill gesture.

3442B373-520F-4DFA-AF9A-8CE05A17ACD3.jpeg

Edited by bbakernbay

50 minutes ago, Rich Saul said:

We have caa rv coverage. 

No problem with a trailer. 

Had my sled delivered from searchmont to echo bay years back.

Was not a issue then.

I might have led them to believe it was the sled trailer they had to pick up...

:right_on:

For the membership fee & how often we use it, you would think they could pick a sled up on a 'maintained' road. If they say 'We can't guarantee getting a tow vehicle to your location...", how is that any different than the people in Subarus & Audis? :poke2:

I can't see what the problem for them would be if you were to tow a sled out to the side of Highway 28 & call them? Will they pick up motorcycles on the side of the road?

I think the last time I called CAA was about a battery issue in Campbellford a few years ago. It's not like I make a habit of calling them.

9 hours ago, revrnd said:

Very cool.  One response  on F/B said they saw it in Timmins last week. Apparently he can do repairs as well.

• Thanks 1

Love to see this on an episode on 401 Heavy Rescue doing a sled recovery. This would also make a good story for the sled mags.

Jerry

Our group buys the CAA Premier RV or something like that and they have picked up sleds with a flatbed for us twice in the last 5 years.   Both times in Quebec.  No questions asked.   

We always towed the sleds ourselves to a parking lot or gas station so they were easy to pick up.  

Edited by scottyr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2021 at 10:19 AM, whits-end said:

According to the CAA website, snowmobiles don't qualify for membership.

https://www.caasco.com/membership/vehicle-eligibility-other