Health Unit Boundary's are up on the OFSC site.

Rev-man

1 hour ago, manotickmike said:

No law against crossing one, but rest assured, it will be the reason given when they shut it down.

What about the trespass laws? If you were caught riding on the closed section of trails crossing from one unit to another, wouldn't that be trespassing? Is there any signage at these "red" zones?

I have not seen any signs at 4 or 5 of these spots(mid D9)

• Thanks 1

Signage is up north of Bancroft in the Maple Leaf trail system.  Trespassing charge will hold up if the trail crosses private land.  Where it's crown it'd be more of a debate.  I'd be more afraid of the police charging you under the emergency order.  Like it or not OFSC has made some sacrifices to keep the broader trail system open this winter with these closures.  So far with the exception of North Bay it's worked.  Hopefully we go back to a regional covid approach soon in which case many of these lines will be open and groomed across.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brodhagenbullet said:

I have not seen any signs at 4 or 5 of these spots(mid D9)

Thanks. I have friends riding in D9 tomorrow. Not sure if they will know when they hit a 'closed' section.

47 minutes ago, tricky said:

Thanks. I have friends riding in D9 tomorrow. Not sure if they will know when they hit a 'closed' section.

I hope your friends stay on the trails, seems to be a problem people figuring out that the stakes are there for a reason

1 hour ago, tricky said:

They won't know when they hit one,unless you use one of them fancy GPS screens.Just cruise aroung aimlessly and all be ok,maybe not north side of Lucknow!

These trails that "bridge" PHU's should have been a different colour on the map so that there can be a differentiation between real closed trails and Covid closed. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tricky said:

What about the trespass laws? If you were caught riding on the closed section of trails crossing from one unit to another, wouldn't that be trespassing? Is there any signage at these "red" zones?

Our farm has the trail at the health unit change. I will make sure no one gets charged  for trespassing.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I am thinking there's not going to be any trespassing charges. Especially for the short ones that are closed.  I know some of them are groomed, and are being rode regularly. I witnessed one groomed right thru last time out riding. OFSC had to do something to show health boundaries,  this is it. If you look close enough,  why does some trails have closed spots, and some others that both intersect health regions. Too much to discuss and understand for me. Im out riding tomorrow..

Edited by Turbo Doo

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

I am thinking there's not going to be any trespassing charges. Especially for the short ones that are closed.  I know some of them are groomed, and are being rode regularly. I witnessed one groomed right thru last time out riding. OFSC had to do something to show health boundaries,  this is it. If you look close enough,  why does some trails have closed spots, and some others that both intersect health regions. Too much to discuss and understand for me. Im out riding tomorrow..

You've got to think the OPP have better things to do than patrol 1 km sections of needlessly closed trail but it will take the weekend to tell. Easy cash if they do though.

7 hours ago, ToSlow said:

i hope you city folk don't bring your covid north

Yup, your gonna catch it from sledders. Full suit on, helmet on, paying for fuel at THE pumps. Maybe the wildlife on the trail will catch it from us riding by,  i dunno. :wtf:....BTW, north doesn't even start until at least NB. Your not even out of central Ontario...

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ToSlow said:

I guess you’re not considered D9?

probably bought your permit to support the north  

Permits assigned to a club do not give $ to the club any more. Stopped doing that when the funding formula changed.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ToSlow said:

I guess you’re not considered D9?

probably bought your permit to support the north  

Toslow.... chill out on the covid talk dude! If your that concerned over it stay inside and come back out when “it’s over” 

10 minutes ago, T bird said:

Toslow.... chill out on the covid talk dude! If your that concerned over it stay inside and come back out when “it’s over” 

I’m not concerned about me catching Covid at all 

i already had back in February last year.

i through a little humour out and i guess it wasn’t received as that.

its not me being the one that needs to chill jeeeezzz 

11 minutes ago, ToSlow said:

I’m not concerned about me catching Covid at all 

i already had back in February last year.

i through a little humour out and i guess it wasn’t received as that.

its not me being the one that needs to chill jeeeezzz 

we are bringing double extra laser beam Covid................

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

I agree as well & think you are correct.

I just posted a video of Kawagama TV on Winter 2021 thread that mentions trail d101B being closed & why (due to health regions), but this trail is groomed and being ran, not 100% sure if the entire section is, but I saw both ends of this trail for this Red section, and it is groomed and sled tracks.....I ran the lake bypass.

12 hours ago, Blackstar said:

You've got to think the OPP have better things to do than patrol 1 km sections of needlessly closed trail but it will take the weekend to tell. Easy cash if they do though.

That is right, they are all front and center in the NB/PS district right now....bigger fish to fry....:tongue2: