eye in the sky

Wildbill

Again we have people with zero to contribute to the topic at hand that affects ALL of us I might add and the efforts are typical

SHUT IT DOWN!!!
SILENCE THE INFORMED!!!
CHARACTER ATTACKS!!!
DISTRACT AWAY!!!

etc etc etc.

I work very hard to be as respectful and informed as I can be. I write in relative terms with no absolutes to encourage healthy open discussion. I judge nor label anyone in here or anywhere else for that matter. I can only hope the efforts I put forth reach reasonable minds and we do not let the silence the information types once again, destroy a very informative topic that certainly does affect us ALL.

Again I wish you all the best in the days ahead

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Wildbill said:

I cannot remember a time with more hatred and division

Its because discussions like this are not happening with any level of respect for one another and they are way past due, just like the public debt. Past due

We can 1. discuss and learn from each other, or 2. not. If more of us choose option 1 we are looking at good days ahead. If option 2 wins out the popular support? God help us all

I just watched a show which showed a snowmobiler intentionally running open water. It seems that in Maine a lot of enforcement for snowmobiles is done by Fish & Game. It's a $135.00 fine for running across open water on a snowmobile. A guy was borderline impaired on his ATV out on the ice. He got tickets for an unregistered ATV and dangerous operation. It seems with the dangerous operation of the ATV you lose fishing and hunting privileges.

23 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I don't ever recall strict enforcement of the 100 kph limit on the 400 going back to when it was still in mph. They always have and always will be able to use discretion of where it makes sense. I even see the OPP going over the 100 kph.

If you want strict enforcement... lots of parts of the states. I have traveled quite a bit for business. Being used to 120 kph in a 100 kph I mentioned to a local. I notice that when the posted speed is 55 mph you don't see anyone going over that by any more than a couple of mph. The response... you do and you will get stopped and 5 over will get you a ticket.

My niece got a speeding ticket in the states for 5 mph over. Couldn't believe it.

55 minutes ago, thetorches said:

My niece got a speeding ticket in the states for 5 mph over. Couldn't believe it.

Texas - Dallas / Fort Worth seem to adhere to the limits pretty close as well as Santa Anna California, Phoenix Arizona and more.  

1 hour ago, thetorches said:

37 minutes ago, zoso said:

Ohio ?

LOL

I've noticed in OH & IN on US 24 & I-69, people will pass you, but not as if you're sitting still like on the 401. I have found most travellers run about 5 over.

And you will see troopers and/or sheriffs on the interstates. One day (not @ night) I drove from Sarnia to Oshawa on the 402 & 401 w/o seeing a single cruiser.

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

LOL

I've noticed in OH & IN on US 24 & I-69, people will pass you, but not as if you're sitting still like on the 401. I have found most travellers run about 5 over.

And you will see troopers and/or sheriffs on the interstates. One day (not @ night) I drove from Sarnia to Oshawa on the 402 & 401 w/o seeing a single cruiser.

I lived in florida in the 90's, ran i75 from there back and forth at least 50 times, Oho always had troopers and it appeared they had a very low tolerance. I just used cruise and relaxed in the right lane. Gave myself 3 days to make the trip so I was never in a hurry.

7 hours ago, crispy said:

Again we have people with zero to contribute to the topic at hand that affects ALL of us I might add and the efforts are typical

SHUT IT DOWN!!!
SILENCE THE INFORMED!!!
CHARACTER ATTACKS!!!
DISTRACT AWAY!!!

etc etc etc.

I work very hard to be as respectful and informed as I can be. I write in relative terms with no absolutes to encourage healthy open discussion. I judge nor label anyone in here or anywhere else for that matter. I can only hope the efforts I put forth reach reasonable minds and we do not let the silence the information types once again, destroy a very informative topic that certainly does affect us ALL.

Again I wish you all the best in the days ahead

I enjoy reading your posts Crispy and agree a good debate does improve your intelligence.

• 3 weeks later...

Those taking an excursion on the seguin trail this saturday, my buddy has informed me he will be out and about patrolling the seguin in a black and white chopper. so keep an eye in the sky and the trail too lol.

7 minutes ago, SuperG said:

Those taking an excursion on the seguin trail this saturday, my buddy has informed me he will be out and about patrolling the seguin in a black and white chopper. so keep an eye in the sky and the trail too lol.

One of the few places they could generate the $3000 per hour to offset the cost of running such an operation. Remember, they will want to prove the fiscal efficacy of this program so as to further it and keep it going. 

But then we get it all back right? Like the carbon  tax   price?

Or am I on the wrong topic...

1 hour ago, zoso said:

One of the few places they could generate the $3000 per hour to offset the cost of running such an operation. Remember, they will want to prove the fiscal efficacy of this program so as to further it and keep it going. 

I am sure some on here will be on that trail so we will see what the damage is after the weekend......I am sure there are not many that maintain the 50kph speed, even the folks on here :)

Part of me also thinks the hype about this is a scare tactic to try and mentally keep more people in check, or put doubts in their mind regarding their actions.

52 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

But then we get it all back right? Like the carbon  tax   price?

Or am I on the wrong topic...

Sounds like a pyramid scheme if you ask me...

Just now, stoney said:

Part of me also thinks the hype about this is a scare tactic to try and mentally keep more people in check, or put doubts in their mind regarding their actions.

You might be on to something. 

Where is the OPP's chopper based out of? 

Then you have the staff on the ground to deal w/ the miscreants.

How about actually patrolling the trails? Not this nonsense or a cop sitting in a black & white idling away adding to our carbon footprint...

yes my buddy said they landed in emsdale and picked up opp internal media as they then patrolled the trails and yes seems like to me the opp will push their video of all this out to the public as a scare tactic. my buddy did not lay any charges but said they did lots of advertising. 

Is there a minimum legal altitude that this helicopter would have to maintain?

31 minutes ago, FrostyTheSnowman said:

That thing could be right behind your head while on a trail and you wouldn’t even hear it. 

I guess they wouldnt think of using a Herc' then. I was riding between LSP & Madawaska. Even over the engine & track noise I could hear an increasing sound. Next thing I know 1 is flying overhead. Not as low as some I've seen (as recently as just before Christmas north of Paudash clubhouse) but low nonetheless.

they would have to maintain a safe enough altitude to clear obstacles etc but while doing police operations the skies the limit to what they can do. although they do not need to be low to nab you as the camera software they can zoom right in to see if you have a permit or not etc as well can calculate your speed instantaneously as well able to track multiple targets at a time. 

yes $2400 an hour of flight for this is up there but as i said before this was more of a show off and advertising of what they can do as more of a scare tactic rather than actually using it all season etc. 

33 minutes ago, snowchopper said:

Hard to believe they are wasting money on speeders on a railbed. How about spending money on trying to stop the gun violence in TO ?. Just a thought......

You never heard of political expediency or putting on appearances?

Hassling sledders is a sure fire way of producing stats w/o any concerns of political incorrectness getting in the way.

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Is there a minimum legal altitude that this helicopter would have to maintain?

Private aircraft have to fly a minimum of 1,000 feet above ground. The police and the military seem to be able to do whatever they wish. Some stories my cousin in the military has told us would scare you to death and that was not during war times.

Archived