Jump to content

OFSC Online Purchasing for 2018-2019


Blake G
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, gobills said:

procrastination!!  We have a whole month to do this then people bitch when their server gets overloaded at the last minute.  You have all day tomorrow to try too.

kinda like going Christmas shopping December 24th and getting ticked off at the mall parking

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Old Sledder said:

kinda like going Christmas shopping December 24th and getting ticked off at the mall parking

kinda sums it up... or going into the store Dec 24 to get something that everyone wants and finding it's sold out weeks ago

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I emailed the OFSC asking a few questions about permits mailed in early October and received a reply,   it was the email about the issue that affected seasonal permits stuck at 40 % and that it had been resolved..  WTF? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmmm....

 

 

CC check did not go thru on first enter of CVC #.

 

Worked on 2nd try. 

 

Hopefully just a glitch on my end. 

 

Edited by mcZEd382
It worked the second time. Screen cap removed.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a pat myself on the back with the OFSC FB posts on contacting them.

Right at the beginning of the thread the have a picture and saying "we are waiting for your call

I asked how are we supposed to call if no number is posted anywhere on the website.

They did respond by saying they would make it more "prominate".

I'm thinking having it listed anyplace is better than nothing.

Just in case somebody here needs to call remember this 705-SEX-SNOW, yes folks that honest to god is the number, spell it out on your phone.

 

 

Edited by soupkids
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was optimistic when I finally found the # and called, but got a canned reply at 2:00 p.m. mid-week. 

It told me to visit the website. (what, no poop emoji?)

I guess it's helpful if you "know the extension of the person you wish to speak to".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Permit arrived in the mail today & I put it on so I wouldn't misplace it.

 

Kind of a sad pre-season as our mother has decided to sell her sled. She only got out for 2 rides the past 2 seasons, riding out of the village is a major PITA for an able-bodied person let alone her at 84. 

 

Her 1st sled was a new '71 Elan which she rode for 1 weekend & HATED (LOL). She wanted to just ride it & not have to use body english to make a simple maneuver. Our father took it back to the dealer & got her a '71 Oly 300 .

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, manotickmike said:

I was optimistic when I finally found the # and called, but got a canned reply at 2:00 p.m. mid-week. 

It told me to visit the website. (what, no poop emoji?)

I guess it's helpful if you "know the extension of the person you wish to speak to".

You can press #0 to speak to a live person..... Like any other automated system.....  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

checked the mail yesterday, permits arrived. went to my account page on the ofsc website, still shows failed transaction error. LOL! Ski

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, revrnd said:

Her 1st sled was a new '71 Elan which she rode for 1 weekend & HATED (LOL). She wanted to just ride it & not have to use body english to make a simple maneuver. Our father took it back to the dealer & got her a '71 Oly 300 .

 

I can relate. I purchased a pair of old Elans a few years ago, thinking they'd be light and easy to handle for my wife and daughter. Hahahaa.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

You can press #0 to speak to a live person..... Like any other automated system.....  

Pressing 0 GOT me to the canned response. 

I set up automated attendant and voice mail systems for years. Back when they were a new-fangled thing.

Salesmen would tell customers how much they'd save over a live attendant...

I'd be honest with the customers, (my bad...) and let them know about how much business would leave and go elsewhere if they got caught in "voice mail jail".

The ONLY place this nonsense works is to save frequent callers the bother of speaking to someone, and the only place it still exists is when callers have no other choice, like monopolies and government. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

Pressing 0 GOT me to the canned response. 

I set up automated attendant and voice mail systems for years. Back when they were a new-fangled thing.

Salesmen would tell customers how much they'd save over a live attendant...

I'd be honest with the customers, (my bad...) and let them know about how much business would leave and go elsewhere if they got caught in "voice mail jail".

The ONLY place this nonsense works is to save frequent callers the bother of speaking to someone, and the only place it still exists is when callers have no other choice, like monopolies and government. 

 

Make a few more phone calls. Lots of businesses that aren't government or a monopoly use them. Eliminate a massive room full of people trying to direct calls saves huge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

You can press #0 to speak to a live person..... Like any other automated system.....  

Not Google.:rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Make a few more phone calls. Lots of businesses that aren't government or a monopoly use them. Eliminate a massive room full of people trying to direct calls saves huge.

It a massive PITA if you are calling on a bluetooth and you used to be able to order products while in the truck or tractor, now you have to stop to dial an extension

Link to comment
Share on other sites

0 does work, I called.

The only way you will get VM is if the attendant is already on the phone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2018 at 10:51 PM, 02Sled said:

With the US exchange you're getting a bargain. $20 is for courier 

 

We definitely do get a better value with the exchange rate, and I do understand the $20 is for the courier. I just figured if my two buddies and I could combine the shipping, that would save us $40.

 

I did get my trail permit on Wed or Thu (didn’t check the mail Wed).

 

And today I found out there is a trail that has been reopened in D13, from Wharncliffe to Conacher Lake. That should add to the options we have on the guys trip and mix it up a little.

Edited by F8 EXT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 9:22 PM, gobills said:

procrastination!!  We have a whole month to do this then people bitch when their server gets overloaded at the last minute.  You have all day tomorrow to try too.

This had nothing to do with "overloading" the system. Not everyone lives on the internet and lives, eats, breaths snowmobiles. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, higshemi said:

 Not everyone lives, eats, breaths snowmobiles. 

      Jawdrop.gif     Jawdrop.gif     Jawdrop.gif     Jawdrop.gif

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, higshemi said:

This had nothing to do with "overloading" the system. Not everyone lives on the internet and lives, eats, breaths snowmobiles. 

okay.. then what was the problem since you seem to know...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Must be Christmas today, sled pass finally arrived and I see the ITG is up.  Only took almost 4 weeks lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Hmmmm... I'm at 2 1/2 weeks. Guess I'll wait a bit more before I go in search.

Mine took just over 2 weeks.....I am sure the rotating strike played a role in that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Hmmmm... I'm at 2 1/2 weeks. Guess I'll wait a bit more before I go in search.

Ordered mine the 31st and just got the tracking order yesterday. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...