Can’t wait for Snow.... Going to Cochrane

Pota

16 minutes ago, irREVerent said:

X 2...we're almost to NL now, should be in Cochrane by 8...Canyon tomorrow...Yee haw!

They posted on FB they may not have gas till later tomorrow. And they could be weather dependent as well. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes ,seen that one too, might want to wait from Ken to let us know if they have fuel

41 minutes ago, irREVerent said:

X 2...we're almost to NL now, should be in Cochrane by 8...Canyon tomorrow...Yee haw!

Make sure they have fuel at the canyon. Look at Polar Bear Riders facebook page. They ran out today and think there will be fuel there by mid day tomorrow.

Enjoy your trip!

As posted on their FB page today.

We have had a very very busy couple days  at the camp and as a result have managed to go through 11000 litres of fuel.  Our fuel delivery  that was supposed to be Friday was canceled and Put of till Monday tomorrow  due to freezing rain. So until tomorrow fuel restrictions will go in to effect of 10 litres per sled, We are sorryabout this and we don’t like it either but we can only do what we can do. On a better note we will be installing another fuel tank the last week of January ,hopefully this will put an end to running out of fuel !!
The weather across  all of Ontario has made it very busy up here for us so e thank you all and hope that you understand. Management

On January 20, 2018 at 8:41 AM, BruteMan said:

any of you riders in Cochrane this weekend Polar Bears just posted this : 

Polar Bear Riders Snowmobile Club

47 mins · 

Wallet found on trail of Andrew Arnold from Orillia. Message Polar Bear Riders to get it back. Its Andrews lucky day. It could of easily got groomed into the A trail to never be seen again.

I met up with Kenny of PBR last night and got the wallet returned to the owner Andrew :) social media working at its best!

we are driving up tomorrow. Can't wait for those awesome trails!

5 hours ago, Muskoka Man said:

Well we just finished our trip with 800 ks under our belts,today we rode the lumberjack loop and the nursery loop and they were mint to say the least  ,little bit of chop on A coming back into cochrane which is from all the sledders in town this weekend, Jack Pine trails around Iroquois falls were tabletop yesterday on our way to timmins ,with the forecast for Muskoka looking Grimm I can see the visa is going take a beating this winter chasing snow,hoping our next mission is the gowganda,shining tree,Sudbury run 

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh keep everyone away from Timmins and Iroquois Falls!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Geez

12 hours ago, Oro Guy said:

I met up with Kenny of PBR last night and got the wallet returned to the owner Andrew :) social media working at its best!

Awesome News ! Glad the owner was found I don't know what I'd do if that happened to me and was stuck out of town that far from home!

20 minutes ago, THE GOVERNOR said:

Hey POTA how's the sledding? Thinking of heading up with MacGyver and Chicken Dance depending on your report.. I assume Timmins would the be the closet location with a ballet?

Thank God for Eddy.

The Governor

No ballet unless you go to QC if I'm not mistaken.

6 minutes ago, soupkids said:

No ballet unless you go to QC if I'm not mistaken.

Correct. Good one in Val'dor right White Dragon. I remember that night. 4am back to the hotel, on the sleds at 8am for a tour back to temiscaming.  Home that night..:icon_steer::icon_dance-cpatch:..Yikes. good times though with WD and crew.. woot woot..

At Westway, ready to follow irREVerent and POTA in the morning.

7 minutes ago, Blake G said:

How was the drive up ?

4 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Westway thursday..:D:icon_dance-cpatch::icon_steer:

Me too me too !!!

New belt on the sled, couple of minor adjustments, filled fluids. Just my baggage to pack.

2 more sleeps... :icon_naughty:

1 hour ago, Blake G said:

Any chance you're still there on Thursday when I get there?  Love to hang out with you before you head home.....

1 hour ago, soupkids said:

How was the drive up ?

Not the best. I prefer to travel in daylight, but had a dentist appointment and didn't leave until 1. Trip took 6 hrs 45 minutes, instead of the normal 6 hours. Fortunately I decided to put the sled in the back of the pickup instead of bringing a trailer. 

14 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

Any chance you're still there on Thursday when I get there?  Love to hang out with you before you head home.....

I would have loved that too, Denis! A visit is overdue. I brought my daughter though, and she's supposed to be back home for her birthday party Thursday. I also need to make a detour on the way home.

5 minutes ago, Blake G said:

I would have loved that too, Denis! A visit is overdue. I brought my daughter though, and she's supposed to be back home for her birthday party Thursday. I also need to make a detour on the way home.

Buttertart Stop????

3 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Me too me too !!!

New belt on the sled, couple of minor adjustments, filled fluids. Just my baggage to pack.

2 more sleeps... :icon_naughty:

Yes sir..cant belive we will be riding friday. As i type this its thundering and lighting out.. wow.. :banghead:

10 hours ago, THE GOVERNOR said:

Hey POTA how's the sledding? Thinking of heading up with MacGyver and Chicken Dance depending on your report.. I assume Timmins would the be the closet location with a ballet?

Thank God for Eddy.

The Governor

Governor, sledding was great yesterday. The frostbite on my cheek wasn’t ! Rode to Timmons for lunch ( no ballet ) . There were some very nice groomed trails and there were some that needed grooming, not enough to keep me off them though. Noticed  a little less snow the farther south you get from Cochrane . I believe you need to head to QC as previously posted if you like to have fun on the trails and then enjoy the fine art of the dance.

Trails were incredible rode almost 700km sat and sun. Mostly all west of smooth rock towards opasatika 

IMG_7116.jpg

20180121_152028.jpg

IMG_20180121_170646_127.jpg

1 hour ago, jensen22 said:

Trails were incredible rode almost 700km sat and sun. Mostly all west of smooth rock towards opasatika 

IMG_7116.jpg

20180121_152028.jpg

IMG_20180121_170646_127.jpg

Hey that's not Denis with the beard on the right is it ?

Archived