Who Has Snow & How Much

02Sled

RE: Sprucedale

Holy smokes! White Christmas, indeed.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting hit again as we speak with a nice dumping of snow in the Bruce. Well over a foot with another 30 cm predicted. 

Getting it nice here in Port Sydney now ,calling for 24 hrs of this :D:D

There is about 18" on the back deck here in Barrie. Lets hope this system tonight adds to it.

About 4 or 5 inches fell in Toronto near the airport overnight. The in-laws are in Caledon just south of hwy 9 and they got about a foot of snow overnight where they are but friends of theirs two roads over got 3 or 4 inches. It seems to continue to be real localized.

So did the GTA shut down with the snow

Here is south Muskoka I shoveled almost 2 feet off my front deck last night.  This morning I shoveled another 6". 

We have a total of about a foot.

2 hours ago, soupkids said:

So did the GTA shut down with the snow

Nope... main roads are wet but the side streets are still being plowed and real greasy.

We got another 4-6" in the city. I need an E Sled so I can be an idiot on the streets like everyone on their E Bikes while passing their arses lol.... they do ride them in the snow around here even. Crazy

Is this snow being so fluffy and light even workable? Can  it be packed?

Snow here was packing pretty good underfoot.  We have about a foot.

53 minutes ago, FrostyTheSnowman said:

The south received heavier wet snow than the north I do believe. Had a warm up today then dropping to neg double digits. It'll pack good and hard. 

Still zero frost under the snow though. Going to be hard to get frost in the ground, with amount of snow that we currently have.

21 hours ago, FrostyTheSnowman said:

We got another 4-6" in the city. I need an E Sled so I can be an idiot on the streets like everyone on their E Bikes while passing their arses lol.... they do ride them in the snow around here even. Crazy

Kennedy n Finch Scarb, I typically do at least one lap around the block per season. Odd how many looks I get, wonder why.

1 hour ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

Kennedy n Finch Scarb, I typically do at least one lap around the block per season. Odd how many looks I get, wonder why.

They probably remember me doing the same thing 45 years ago, when we would run through the fields, and the Tam O'Shanter golf course.

Back then "The Tam" used to rent sleds, and Havendale didn't go through to Kennedy!!

Gawd, I'm old!!!

Looks like some trials are starting to open up in the west end on a limited bases, wont be long now. 

great thing on the west side is there is not many lakes to have to cross, just a few swamps

4 hours ago, Bigfish said:

They probably remember me doing the same thing 45 years ago, when we would run through the fields, and the Tam O'Shanter golf course.

Back then "The Tam" used to rent sleds, and Havendale didn't go through to Kennedy!!

Gawd, I'm old!!!

I'm only a few blocks north of there.

Token old white guy in the neighborhood.

Archived