Who Has Snow & How Much

02Sled

Snow up here isn't packing worth a dam.

Almost like late season snow, sugar.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

Still zero frost under the snow though. Going to be hard to get frost in the ground, with amount of snow that we currently have.

^^what he said.

Snowblowed the driveway at the cottage yesterday (near Midland).  Leaves on the ground beneath the snow were wet and not frozen. 

27" here in Barrie

IMG_1579.JPG

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:12 PM, Reved said:

That's the kind of update I like! 

Nice to see you here.

Packing started over the weekend for Tall Pines D101B to the shelter at Algonquin and they expect to do 64 to 68 early this week .Snow is loose so base not holding up great I am told

21 hours ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

I'm only a few blocks north of there.

Token old white guy in the neighborhood.

LOL

You can't be the only Caucasian left in Asiancourt!!:-D

Another 3" overnight. The snow stick is showing 12" in the backyard.

I just did our driveway. Real wet and real heavy. Temps are going to drop tonight so I'm glad I did it now before it freezes like a rock. Going to make for a real good base on the trails though.

last couple of days we've got 8-10"...back up over 2 ft

We got another 15cms Last night here in south Muskoka.

Last night we got a couple more inches.

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

Last night we got a couple more inches.

Wish I got a couple more inches ..... :blink:

You wouldn't know what to do with it anyways Dennis.

:lol:

I believe we got the most snow at one time this winter over the last 12 hours. Approx. 3-4 inches

12" on the snow stick.

Elmira got alot more than us in kitchener.

Hope to get out this weekend

• 2 weeks later...

Melting fast. I think people stoped doing the naked snow dance a bit to early. Rain and warm weather starting and sticking around for a bit. Please guys do a dance for all us in these areas. Even you folks in the great north should give the  neighbours a show tonight. Or we will all be heading north again this season lol. Already looking at trailers 

After the rain, 17" here in Apsley.

My neighbours closed their drapes and blinds last night while I was dancing on the front lawn in the rain and wind. I feel stupid now for clearing the driveway of the 4 or 5 inches of snow yesterday. Those in the neighbourhood that didn't have clear driveways today as well. My better judgement says not to post pictures.

Still got snow up here in Kearney - however, we did get quite a bit of rain last night and warmer temps.  I would watch for open water spots on the trail for sure.  D123 south is showing Open Limited.  Rode that trail on Monday before the warm up - I would have thought it should be closed - not showing open at all!  Nasty bit of trail...not ready yet IMO.  The big swamp just north of 303 junction should be avoided until it freezes up and gets colder.  Big open slushy spots....which I assume is only bigger and nastier today!  The signage is lacking also - as you head south on D123 from 300 there is a Y junction (clearing actually) which doesn't have a sign showing which way the trail goes.  Bare left at that clearing...you will be into the swamp almost immediately after that section.  Ride with extreme caution through that area all the way to 303.  It really needs much more cold and freezing temps with snow on top for me to ride that way again!  Sorry - no pics - wish I had taken some!  Anybody that does go that way - pics would be appreciate :D

Light blue being the least amount and white being over 48 inches

Purple to Fuschia is 12 to 36 inches

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 12.15.25.png

Archived