Who Has Snow & How Much

02Sled

18 minutes ago, Giddy UP said:

Still got snow up here in Kearney - however, we did get quite a bit of rain last night and warmer temps.  I would watch for open water spots on the trail for sure.  D123 south is showing Open Limited.  Rode that trail on Monday before the warm up - I would have thought it should be closed - not showing open at all!  Nasty bit of trail...not ready yet IMO.  The big swamp just north of 303 junction should be avoided until it freezes up and gets colder.  Big open slushy spots....which I assume is only bigger and nastier today!  The signage is lacking also - as you head south on D123 from 300 there is a Y junction (clearing actually) which doesn't have a sign showing which way the trail goes.  Bare left at that clearing...you will be into the swamp almost immediately after that section.  Ride with extreme caution through that area all the way to 303.  It really needs much more cold and freezing temps with snow on top for me to ride that way again!  Sorry - no pics - wish I had taken some!  Anybody that does go that way - pics would be appreciate :D

i will be up that way tomorrow night till Monday. Hoping for a bit of snow and not much rain tonight. Cold temps coming for a couple days then it looks really bad after that so Ill make the most of it this weekend. :cheers:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still tons of snow here in Poet Sydney , but more rain tonight and maybe more late next week , getting lots of Ks on the skandic on power lines and logging rds ,but 0 on OFSC trails 

We'll after yesterday's rain  

image.jpeg

it is it is nice to see some of this. 

image.jpeg

So still 2 feet of snow in Barrie after the rain... there is hope yet.

Glad to see there is still snow in cottage country. Wild Bill told me yesterday that South Seguin was sending their groomers out last night. Meanwhile in Toronto near the airport I just brought the garbage bin in and noticed there isn't any snow on the lawn, it's actually as green as some of the summers and as I headed to the garage we have flowers beside the house with new growth. I plucked the fresh green growth and brought it in to show my wife. Unbelievable for mid January.

The City of Sault Ste. Marie has received 229 cms of snow so far this season of which we currently have a base of 63 cms.  This number is significantly higher north of the City Limits, especially Searchmont, Whitman Dam Road, Mile 38, Eton and Halfway, where it is at least 50% to 100% more.  A good year for snow for this region.

• 2 weeks later...

Forecast sent snow squall warning last night, but we got nothing in Bradford:-(

How much snow did you get guys?  

never received anything here in parry sound worth mentioning. :(  getting tired of doing circles on the lake.

I know why we didn't get a snow. My boss still riding chopper bike on streets every second day.:D 

Resized_20170127_081438.jpeg

Lots of Great riding in District 6.

All clubs are grooming the only thing stopping them are equipment break downs a few  swamps and landowner lock outs.

Some yellow trails are due to creeks or streams opening up 16298486_752896218198652_587804095144160. I know my club has had problems with a few some popping up were we have never had problems before

colder weather back in the south but just a dusting of snow last night

1 hour ago, old sledhead said:

Lots of Great riding in District 6.

All clubs are grooming the only thing stopping them are equipment break downs a few  swamps and landowner lock outs.

Some yellow trails are due to creeks or streams opening up 16298486_752896218198652_587804095144160. I know my club has had problems with a few some popping up were we have never had problems before

Just to show how fickle Mother Nature is, the south east Section of D-1, Cornwall and area, has virtually no snow. And we are only a couple of hours away from D-6. The Environment Canada stats show total Snowfall for Dec at 56cm but total Rainfall at 60mm. For Jan 2017 it's Snowfall at 9.4cm and Rain at 36.7mm. And no appreciable Snowfall in the 14 day forecast. Shaping up to be worse than last year. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is the most snow we've had in a few seasons.

58a5036fb0177_2017Feb15002-Copy.thumb.JPG.75221e30324bc2d18b483ffe776e8f91.JPG

58a503853d9fd_2017Feb15001-Copy.thumb.JPG.94269515b73cde6576431b5fb1b8f920.JPG

Too bad the township couldn't leave some of it on the sidewalks. (How do the people in the northern part of the province manage with snow-covered streets and sidewalks?)

Lets hope we can bury that bird!

IMG_1710.JPG

Where's that taken?

Back yard in Barrie. There is another pic at the top of the page from Jan 12 after the rain. There was still 25" then. you can see now the chair has now filled back in.

Still lots here   in port sydney 

20170106_120710.jpg

Archived