SNOW

ToSlow

Depends on where you are, Denis. Close to the big lake, around 2 feet or less. Here, we are up in the hills away from the lake, probably about 3 feet. Lots of fun.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice !

Drove up to wasaga thismornin. As soon as I turned onto airport rd I see this in the distance!post-23488-0-11765300-1455226272_thumb.jpg

All the way up through mulmur, avening, cashtown corners right into wasaga was getting hit pretty good! I would have to say anywhere between 7-10" of fresh snow all the way up. Roads were pretty bad! No tracks on the way up but I did see a fresh sled track on the way home, probably a club member checking on conditions to see if they'll open up for family day w/end. Groomers are out in wasaga! Here's a picture at cashtown corners.post-23488-0-92992700-1455226534_thumb.jpg

Here's one in wasaga.

post-23488-0-99380900-1455226738_thumb.jpg

Looks like the Georgian bay snow machine finally

Woke up .going to be white and cold this weekend

Hwy 11 in the skokes are toast today

Looks like the Georgian bay snow machine finally

Woke up .going to be white and cold this weekend

Hwy 11 in the skokes are toast today

Perfect!

Good amount of snow in the bush now in muskoka. Rode from my cabin down D south of sprucedale to Port Sydney. Stopped in at arnies.

Rode back via trail 50 and some of DYW 80 series trails.

Tomorrow is Powassan to Kirkland Lake. Hopefully it's not beat to much through North Bay.

Watch for us on the trail tomorrow we are planning a loop from New Liskeard to Kirkland then back down. 3 Poos and 3 Doos.

Good amount of snow in the bush now in muskoka. Rode from my cabin down D south of sprucedale to Port Sydney. Stopped in at arnies.

Rode back via trail 50 and some of DYW 80 series trails.

Tomorrow is Powassan to Kirkland Lake. Hopefully it's not beat to much through North Bay.

The A108 is awesome ... we did that ride several times, me on my old TX340 free air and my buddies with their doos. Awesome ride, maybe you'll get lucky and bump into Ultrafrozen ...

There is a system coming for Thursday and Friday... That could bring 30+cms to eastern Ontario depending on how it tracks. The video I saw last night says if it pushes west a little to run over Lake Ontario the lake effect machine could fire up and dump 30+ from Toronto to Ottawa...

• 2 weeks later...

Storm snowfall forecast for Wed into Thur

February 22, 2016; 4:14 PM ET

A significant storm system will track up into the Ohio Valley Wednesday then into the eastern Great Lakes early Thursday. The storm will bring a wide assortment of precipitation types to eastern and Atlantic Canada Wednesday into Thursday.

Latest computer models have come closer together with the forecast track, but there are still enough differences that could impact the forecast for parts of Ontario and Quebec.

Below is my own initial snowfall forecast for the region for the Wed-Thur storm.....

590x274_02222023_mapll.png

1. The European model trended a little more south/east with the axis of snow. I currently lean a little more toward the slightly farther N/W GFS solution. I will update the situation tomorrow as details become more clear.

2. This will not be a cold storm, thus the snow will be heavier and wetter.

3. Precipitation will likely start out as wet snow from London, Ont to Hamilton and the GTA on Wednesday, but should quickly go over to plain rain by evening after a small slushy accumulation (mostly on non-paved areas).

4. Just north/west of the GTA and up toward the St. Lawrence River Valley it will be more of a battle Wednesday night with wet snow/sleet/ice eventually going over to rain.i

5. I believe the heaviest snow will fall across the Bruce Peninsula then over toward Parry Sound and then well northwest of Ottawa.

6. Southeast winds should cause the snow to change to ice then plain rain in the Montreal area by the end of the day on Wednesday.

7. Snow will change to a mix then rain from south to north across New Brunswick later Wednesday afternoon through the night.

8. As the storm exits northeast Thursday afternoon the precipitation will change back to snow showers across southern Ontario.

9. Tough call in the Barrie, Ontario area as some models show significant accumulations in the area. Some of that may be due to additional snow on the back side of the storm. I do think there will be some sleet mixing in at times in the Barrie area.

Specific storm snowfall forecasts......

Windsor, Ont 6-8 cm

London, Ont 3-6 cm

Hamilton, Ont tr-1 cm slushy snow

Toronto, Ont 2-4 cm wet, slushy snow

Barrie, Ont 15-20 cm

Kingston, Ont 1-3 cm (wind direction unfavorable for much snow)

Ottawa, Ont 7-12 cm

Montreal, Que 2-5 cm

Quebec City 10-15 cm

Saint John, NB 1-2 cm

Sudbury, Ont....10-15 cm

North Bay, Ont....15-25 cm

Looking ahead.......

Very cold air mass with wind will spread into the eastern Prairies and northwest Ontario on Saturday. This air mass will continue southeast and cover the eastern Prairies through Quebec on Sunday. The cold will begin to retreat early next week from west to east.

After that cold spell there will still be some opportunities for more cold and snow in the east the first half of March, but the air masses will not be as cold as the source regions across the far north are just not that cold relative to normal. Lack of ice on the Great Lakes should also help modify these air masses as well.

No signs of any sustained cold across western Canada for the next 8-12 days. Winter has really seemed to have given up across the West.

I'm liking the forcast for Bancroft area.. 20+cm Wednesday,another 5-10cm Thursday and sunny and -8 Friday. Thinking I'm going to have to drag the sled north Friday and enjoy that dump of fresh stuff before all the weekend hooligans show up.

Storm snowfall forecast for Wed into Thur February 22, 2016; 4:14 PM ET

A significant storm system will track up into the Ohio Valley Wednesday then into the eastern Great Lakes early Thursday. The storm will bring a wide assortment of precipitation types to eastern and Atlantic Canada Wednesday into Thursday.

Latest computer models have come closer together with the forecast track, but there are still enough differences that could impact the forecast for parts of Ontario and Quebec.

Below is my own initial snowfall forecast for the region for the Wed-Thur storm.....

590x274_02222023_mapll.png

1. The European model trended a little more south/east with the axis of snow. I currently lean a little more toward the slightly farther N/W GFS solution. I will update the situation tomorrow as details become more clear.

2. This will not be a cold storm, thus the snow will be heavier and wetter.

3. Precipitation will likely start out as wet snow from London, Ont to Hamilton and the GTA on Wednesday, but should quickly go over to plain rain by evening after a small slushy accumulation (mostly on non-paved areas).

4. Just north/west of the GTA and up toward the St. Lawrence River Valley it will be more of a battle Wednesday night with wet snow/sleet/ice eventually going over to rain.i

5. I believe the heaviest snow will fall across the Bruce Peninsula then over toward Parry Sound and then well northwest of Ottawa.

6. Southeast winds should cause the snow to change to ice then plain rain in the Montreal area by the end of the day on Wednesday.

7. Snow will change to a mix then rain from south to north across New Brunswick later Wednesday afternoon through the night.

8. As the storm exits northeast Thursday afternoon the precipitation will change back to snow showers across southern Ontario.

9. Tough call in the Barrie, Ontario area as some models show significant accumulations in the area. Some of that may be due to additional snow on the back side of the storm. I do think there will be some sleet mixing in at times in the Barrie area.

Specific storm snowfall forecasts......

Windsor, Ont 6-8 cm

London, Ont 3-6 cm

Hamilton, Ont tr-1 cm slushy snow

Toronto, Ont 2-4 cm wet, slushy snow

Barrie, Ont 15-20 cm

Kingston, Ont 1-3 cm (wind direction unfavorable for much snow)

Ottawa, Ont 7-12 cm

Montreal, Que 2-5 cm

Quebec City 10-15 cm

Saint John, NB 1-2 cm

Sudbury, Ont....10-15 cm

North Bay, Ont....15-25 cm

Looking ahead.......

Very cold air mass with wind will spread into the eastern Prairies and northwest Ontario on Saturday. This air mass will continue southeast and cover the eastern Prairies through Quebec on Sunday. The cold will begin to retreat early next week from west to east.

After that cold spell there will still be some opportunities for more cold and snow in the east the first half of March, but the air masses will not be as cold as the source regions across the far north are just not that cold relative to normal. Lack of ice on the Great Lakes should also help modify these air masses as well.

No signs of any sustained cold across western Canada for the next 8-12 days. Winter has really seemed to have given up across the West.

Frankie thinking it will go further west

John Dee also seems further west

MIDSNOW.GIF

12744498_1100234889997259_44315574206866

What city was that in??

Believe it when I see it.

EC and TWN forecasters are 1-4 here this year.

CBC's Ian says 10-15 tops, followed by rain.

Local conditions are going to be better today than after the storm.

Guru's have lowered the snow amounts but also the rain amounts for Ottawa area. Not going to be as warm on Thursday now. We can only hope.

They upped the forecast for us. 15-20cm now!!! 1-3mm of rain. Lots of snow coming next week too

They upped the forecast for us. 15-20cm now!!! 1-3mm of rain. Lots of snow coming next week too

Might be another system coming Sunday night into Monday.

Yup 15cm on Sunday and 20cm next Wednesday...we'll see

Please dont be an ice storm for the GTA, I dont feel like cleaning that crap up ever again......

Both Ottawa newspapers are warning of an ice storm this evening and over night and to expect power failures. Hopefully it wont be a repeat of the last major ice storm.

Archived