Where are you riding this weekend?

sledjunk

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We did the 197 today and there was no logging at all on that trail, nor any plowed roads this year on the 197. The trails closer to Stonecliff were a bit better than Deux Riviers but they were all fine. Very hard packed that's for sure. Will be nice with a few fresh cm's on them now. Only plowed section was on the A trail that runs between the 197 and the 195.

We did the 197 today and there was no logging at all on that trail, nor any plowed roads this year on the 197. The trails closer to Stonecliff were a bit better than Deux Riviers but they were all fine. Very hard packed that's for sure. Will be nice with a few fresh cm's on them now. Only plowed section was on the A trail that runs between the 197 and the 195.

Rolphton esso only fuel stop between petawawa and mattawa? Looking at making this run next week.

from my understanding there is no longer any fuel in rohlpton the esso is closed !!!!!

Right so deep river or stone cliff there is gas on the trail?

Here is the report:

"Trails 8.5, flat as a pancake, hard and fast. More snow would be nice but not an issue today."

Concur from Barry's Bay end. Trails a bit thin through town, but snow falling. Will likely be 2-5 inches tomorrow - Saturday.

Hope the a-holes will drive decent as snow on ice will be deceiving.

Most motels are full, but accomodation available at Pinewood Inn Motel. I booked on Tuesday thinking there would be a rush.

http://thepinewoodinn.com/

Nice place, $20 off on second night.

Probably heading to Whitney for a burger. Ms. slomo looking forward to scenery. We will be riding a non-descript sled, which won't stand out too much from others and we display a general disdain for clothing with brand names or logos slathered all over them. Otherwise we look pretty normal. Will take pictures.

Yeap the Rolphton ESSO burnt this past summer & they have not rebuilt yet.

meeting sledjunk sun morning for ride...

We filled up @ Yates in Stonecliff and we have got fuel in deep river a few times other years.

We filled up @ Yates in Stonecliff and we have got fuel in deep river a few times other years.

Is it right on the trail?

Yes. As u come towards Stonecliff (heading east) you'll come to an intersection 5 mins out. If you take the left that is the A Trail and will take u right behind the gas station. If u didn't need fuel u could go right and that is the Stonecliff bypass I believe they call it. It hooks back up to the A trail a few kms east of Stonecliff. Should be well signed.

Yes. As u come towards Stonecliff (heading east) you'll come to an intersection 5 mins out. If you take the left that is the A Trail and will take u right behind the gas station. If u didn't need fuel u could go right and that is the

Stonecliff bypass I believe they call it. It hooks

back up to the A trail a few kms east of

Stonecliff. Should be well signed.

Cool, thanks alot.

I will be riding from my house here in Coniston in about 3 hours, 20cm on the ground 20-30 more to come by Sunday. Groomers are running north of the big lake and we should see them out further south later today and overnight. Game on big time here, and we should now be set for the rest of the season here on the STP trails. Come on up and enjoy.

Have a great day zoso. Thanks for the update.

I will be riding from my house here in Coniston in about 3 hours, 20cm on the ground 20-30 more to come by Sunday. Groomers are running north of the big lake and we should see them out further south later today and overnight. Game on big time here, and we should now be set for the rest of the season here on the STP trails. Come on up and enjoy.

That's good news! Loved that area last year. Thanks.

That's good news! Loved that area last year. Thanks.

Where is Coniston slomo

East of the Sudbury area. (first I thought it was North)

Where is Coniston slomo

It is a +- couple of kilometers from the Chateau Guay / Moonlight Inn on the east side of the

Sudbury. It is the closest spot to sled for gas from the two motels.

post-19713-0-75630700-1358629202_thumb.g

District 14, Kirkland Lake. Heading out to Butler Lake and loop back tomorrow morning with the wife. Just a short jaunt to get the wife ready for the longer trip to Timmins or Cochrane later. If I can pull my hand off the phun phlipper, I take some pics and share.

I was amazed at how good the trails were today. I haven't been out since before Christmas so I didn't see what they looked like before the melt but WOW, they held up well. The wife and I ran into a father and son pair that were just getting into/ back into the sport and invited them along. Turns out our wives work together at the hospital. We're expecting six to eight inches of snow by end of Sunday so things are shaping up.

IMG-20130119-00112_zpsd11a3bf3.jpg

Anyone have a report on south river? Thinking of heading up that way next weekend with some buddies but read on the almaguin District website that there are still a lot of rocks showing.

I still need to do the report from last weekend.

This weekend we are heading to Mattawa to ride out of there. Another new area for me. Hope I can get there on the first try this weekend! heading up Friday AM and returning Sunday.

I still need to do the report from last weekend.

This weekend we are heading to Mattawa to ride out of there. Another new area for me. Hope I can get there on the first try this weekend! heading up Friday AM and returning Sunday.

hope ll goes well this time....headed up sunday morning for couple days

Archived