Where are you riding this weekend?

sledjunk

Thought I would start a positive thread about sledding this year.

I have booked in at Spectacle Lake Lodge near Barry's Bay for the weekend. Anyone interested in joining me for a ride, drop me a PM.

The B trail is currently Green on the IAFG, so I am hoping for a decent ride, but I'll settle for an indecent one :lol:.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be sure to update us with "real world" trail conditions!

I'm thinking of heading that way next week.

I'll be riding the couch this weekend...Barrett Jackson Auction is on all weekend!!!

Have fun!

Thought I would start a positive thread about sledding this year.

I have booked in at Spectacle Lake Lodge near Barry's Bay for the weekend. Anyone interested in joining me for a ride, drop me a PM.

The B trail is currently Green on the IAFG, so I am hoping for a decent ride, but I'll settle for an indecent one :lol:.

Good idea on the positive thread...

We are trailering to Rolphton and sledding to Mattawa for lunch, and loop back through one or two of Missing Links beautiful club trails. 5 to hopefully 10cm of snow forecasted, so should be good going!

Either from Pembroke to Barry's bay and back or Deep River up to Stonecliffe and back riding the side trails.

Keep an eye open for me. Sled has "Sledjunk" on the windshield.

I think I will be heading to Pembroke and maybe try some of the "available" club trails as well. I have not been much past Barry's Bay before. I would usually have staged from Bancroft so after BB I would head south to Combermere and loop back to Bancroft.

Some new trails for me this trip.

I do the run from Pembroke/BArry's Bay many times a year, its a great run. Expect a lot of traffic. Pretty much all of Ottawa will be there lol.

There is the Timberline club house that you might be able to stop for food, not sure if they even have food/hrs they are open though... I usually go from the other way and eat in Barry's Bay.

I'll Be on a Phazer, with no windshield.

I'll keep an eye out!

Were in Stonecliff now. Arrived around 8pm last nite. Seen a number of sleds out. Cold this morning. Will be the poker run tommorow(Saturday) on the Missing Link Trails.

Sadly no where, heading to the cottage this afternoon but Almaguin Club has trails listed as closed so we will leave the sleds home. Sounds like they should get some snow up there this weekend though and they will be ready to open again.

My brother in-law was dropping in Whitney this morning then heading east. I have not heard any updates yet.

let us here the reports 14 , we are doing that tour next week after the new snow there supposed to get

Keep an eye open for me. Sled has "Sledjunk" on the windshield.

And the computer and the satellite dishand the........

And the computer and the satellite dishand the........

tongue2.giftongue2.giftongue2.gif

I will be riding that area next week as well. Never been that far east before either. Waiting for the new snow as well.

let us here the reports 14 , we are doing that tour next week after the new snow there supposed to get

Here is the report:

"Trails 8.5, flat as a pancake, hard and fast. More snow would be nice but not an issue today."

This was after running east from Whitney and they were in the north end of Pembroke at the time of the message.

Sorry I was not sent any trail pictures. I guess they were having too much fun....

Here is the report:

"Trails 8.5, flat as a pancake, hard and fast. More snow would be nice but not an issue today."

This was after running east from Whitney and they were in the north end of Pembroke at the time of the message.

Sorry I was not sent any trail pictures. I guess they were having too much fun....

Thanks 14. Hope it holds up with all the traffic.

Don't forgot there is a poker run tomorrow in MIssing Link (Stonecliffe). Trails being used are 195, 191, 193, 190, 192, plus A-trail from Stonecliffe.

Don't forgot there is a poker run tomorrow in MIssing Link (Stonecliffe). Trails being used are 195, 191, 193, 190, 192, plus A-trail from Stonecliffe.

KCC, is the 197 Waterloo Loop being used for the Poker Run? Do you know if there is any logging to be concerned about on the 197?

We are hoping to do a loop back from Mattawa Saturday.

"flat as a pancake, hard and fast"

-should hold up well for sure.

Keeping the positive spin. that's one good thing that can come out of a thaw. If the trails were flat and there is enough snow/ice left when it re-freezes - it makes for some great running and not much for yahoos to tear up.

Seeing 30+ cm in the forecast for the next week in central Ontario. (don't want to jinx things) We are due.

should add some more available trails and spread out the traffic.

Hope everyone has a good ride!!

District 14, Kirkland Lake. Heading out to Butler Lake and loop back tomorrow morning with the wife. Just a short jaunt to get the wife ready for the longer trip to Timmins or Cochrane later. If I can pull my hand off the phun phlipper, I take some pics and share.

The 197 is not being used for the poker run on Saturday, I heard that they were doing some logging up there, but have got up there yet. I did talk to someone from missing link, he said it should not affect the trail to much.

Archived