OFSC AGM 2010 Who's Going from OC

The Groomer Guy

Who say they can't ? He just needs to ask Yukon for his clubs user ID and password, or get a copy off of who ever recieves the club mail.

I've never been asked or approached or even been requested info and if anyone is interested in going to OFSC AGM on there own dime from our club they are more than welcome to Join us. Not many from our club are interested in going anymore , I told them I'd be happy to attend and they voted that I'd been the deligate on behalf of the club.

I would love to see more club members there to see exactly how the OFSC operates.

Hey maybe even voice there opinion !

And UTS careful what you say about how the OFSC operates , speculating illegal operations at that.

I'm very passionate with every aspect of how we run on a Provincial level and trust me I would not be party to it if what your speculating is true.

BDO Dunwoody , MTO , Revcan and many other club volunteers who over see day to day operations can tell you otherwise.

Happy Sledding!

See you at AGM.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OFSC.gif

Nice .....

The criters of OC

Start with a cage containing five criters. Inside the cage, hang a banana on a string and place a set of stairs under it. Before long, a criter will go to the stairs and start to climb towards the banana.

As soon as he touches the stairs, lead criters spray all the other criters with cold water. After a while another criter makes the attempt with same result, all the other criters are sprayed with cold water. Pretty soon when another criter tries to climb the stairs, the other criters will try to prevent it.

Now, put the cold water away. Lead criters remove one criter from the cage and replace it with a new one. The new criter sees the banana and wants to climb the Stairs.

To his shock, all of the other criters attack him. After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs he will be assaulted.

Next, lead criter removes another of the original five criters and replace it with a new one.

The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous newcomer takes part in the punishment with enthusiasm.

Likewise, replace a third original criter with a new one, then a fourth, then the fifth. Every time the newest criter takes to the stairs he is attacked.

Hang on.

Most of the criters that are beating him up have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs, nor why they are participating in the beating of the newest criter. After replacing all of the original criters, none of the remaining criters have ever been sprayed with cold water.

Nevertheless, no criter ever again approaches the stairs to try for the banana.

Why not?

Because as far as they know, that is the way it has always been done around here. But thankfully there's a few criters who still climb the stairs to get the banana dispite the efforts of others to sway them not to.

And that, my friends, is what we have going on here in terms of understanding how the clubs, associations and districts that make up the OFSC are run.... want a banana just climb the stairs past the others looking up.

and if anyone is interested in going to OFSC AGM on there own dime from our club they are more than welcome to Join us. Not many from our club are interested in going anymore , I told them I'd be happy to attend and they voted that I'd been the deligate on behalf of the club.

I would love to see more club members there to see exactly how the OFSC operates.

See you at AGM.

Yukon what are you doing ?? !!!

You're encouraging the great unwashed to attend the AGM ? Dammit man ! Just like was suggested on page one of this thread. According to Nutter we are now going to have to find another venue and there will be far too many miscreants and complainers to get all our 'crap' done !

AND you've had the audacity to do it publicly without first drawing up a proposal, having in seconded, presented to your club for a vote and presented by your club at the AGM to see if it's ok.

You're out of control !

Nutter - set the man straight !

You're encouraging the great unwashed to attend the AGM ? Dammit man ! Just like was suggested on page one of this thread. According to Nutter we are now going to have to find another venue and there will be far too many miscreants and complainers to get all our 'crap' done !

AND you've had the audacity to do it publicly without first drawing up a proposal, having in seconded, presented to your club for a vote and presented by your club at the AGM to see if it's ok.

You're out of control !

STG maybe you should ask someone who actually took the time to read the AGM package last year, and ask them what my proposal was before you try and further ridicule me, by spinning things from open to the public to inviting more club members. You truly are a credit our sport by manning that water hose ....

and if anyone is interested in going to OFSC AGM on there own dime from our club they are more than welcome to Join us. Not many from our club are interested in going anymore , I told them I'd be happy to attend and they voted that I'd been the deligate on behalf of the club.

See you at AGM.

You're out of control !

Unwashed ?

Misinformed maybe , but I was once in your shoes also , I stepped up and now have a voice .

So have you contacted Bob and Sandi now that you know where AGM is taking place and asked for a registration form ?

You do know that anyone who buys a permit can walk in the day of Business and listen right ?

I encourage 100% involvement and encourage anyone REALLY interested to get involved to do so , Its pretty simple you can go through club involvement so contact your local club and go through the proper channels.

I'm my own man and drink my own Koolaid .

:baghead:

OFSC AGM is September 16th Anyone from Here going this year, We should Plan to Hangout.

well back to the main subject of this post....................

GG and I will be there so if you want to meet let us know ...........send a PM since I don't want to start another topic :mrgreen:

That is actually a pretty fantastic analogy, Nutter. What is not clear to me is why the OFSC sets the metaphorical staircase to be off-limits to anyone who wants to climb it? I am also unsure why the OFSC continually places the critters in a new cage stating that "We really want your help reaching the banana. It will be different this time, trust us." Only to spray off the critters again and again. Surely reaching the banana is in everyone's best interest? Perhaps the critters are a crazy bunch, but they are loyal and only want the best for the cage owners. They will do what it takes to try and help, even if that means continually being sprayed off the staircase.

Also, thank you Yukon Cornelious for dispelling some of the myths that have been perpetuated in this thread.

Misinformed maybe , but I was once in your shoes also , I stepped up and now have a voice .

The funny thing is that I feel like I have a fantastic voice. Virtually all of the ideas that I have submitted were quickly shot down by certain OFSC officials. However, come the following season, they were implemented. This is why I do not understand Nutter's point of view. What is the point of spending hours following protocol when you can accomplish the very same in minutes? It feels like the pomp and circumstance is more important to some than actually getting things done.

That is actually a pretty fantastic analogy, Nutter. What is not clear to me is why the OFSC sets the metaphorical staircase to be off-limits to anyone who wants to climb it? I am also unsure why the OFSC continually places the critters in a new cage stating that "We really want your help reaching the banana. It will be different this time, trust us." Only to spray off the critters again and again. Surely reaching the banana is in everyone's best interest? Perhaps the critters are a crazy bunch, but they are loyal and only want the best for the cage owners. They will do what it takes to try and help, even if that means continually being sprayed off the staircase.

Also, thank you Yukon Cornelious for dispelling some of the myths that have been perpetuated in this thread.

Nice spin .... Skidooer maybe you can tell us who you think the OFSC exactly is and who you think runs it, and has final say. And how anything is off limits within the OFSC ? Our very own Yukon was nominated by his peers and accepted a provincial position within the provincial VIA commitee, are suggesting he's part of some type of new "old boys club" ?

The funny thing is that I feel like I have a fantastic voice. Virtually all of the ideas that I have submitted were quickly shot down by certain OFSC officials. However, come the following season, they were implemented. This is why I do not understand Nutter's point of view. What is the point of spending hours following protocol when you can accomplish the very same in minutes? It feels like the pomp and circumstance is more important to some than actually getting things done.

What were these ideas you had that were implemented the following season, and who were these "OFSC officials" who shot your ideas down and what was their explanations for shooting them down ?? As for protocol, do you feel decisions within the OFSC should be left up to one person to decide or the permit buyer through their involvment ?

there are people here that care,and there are people here that are careless,,,,,my feeling is first you are a snowmobiler,,,,then a club member,,,,then go for what ever banana you want.But to knock the people trying to do a good job,shame on you,you missed the first step,,,,,we are all snowmobilers first,,,this is as grassroots as it gets.

I for one will not be attended the AGM and could care less where it is and who is going,,,,,,if I wanted to go I would have taken the steps provided and gone.

Nutter keep up the good work and I am a proud member of the PPSC,and will show my support for your club,and fantastic club house,and all the great people that make up the PPSC.

now take a chill pill and think snow,,,,,, :right_on:

I belong to the OSFC,PPSC,MSA,Chippewa Snow Chasers,,,,,,and thank them all for keeping the truest "coolest sport on earth", alive and well. :right_on:

See you at AGM.

You're out of control !

Unwashed ?

So have you contacted Bob and Sandi now that you know where AGM is taking place and asked for a registration form ?

You do know that anyone who buys a permit can walk in the day of Business and listen right ?

I encourage 100% involvement and encourage anyone REALLY interested to get involved to do so , Its pretty simple you can go through club involvement so contact your local club and go through the proper channels.

Re-read the whole thread. I (and others) was suggesting more members need to be encouraged to attend the AGM. Nutter spent pages in opposition to that notion. I was merely pointing out that you and he were in disagreement.

You're out of control !

STG maybe you should ask someone who actually took the time to read the AGM package last year, and ask them what my proposal was before you try and further ridicule me, by spinning things from open to the public to inviting more club members. You truly are a credit our sport by manning that water hose ....

As I pointed out quite some time ago, this was always about encouraging more members to attend.

See you at AGM.

You're out of control !

Unwashed ?

Re-read the whole thread. I (and others) was suggesting more members need to be encouraged to attend the AGM. Nutter spent pages in opposition to that notion. I was merely pointing out that you and he were in disagreement.

I re-read it and don't see anything about me not wanting members to come in any way shape or forum. I just feel finding out the date, time and place and registering through your local club is sufficent and makes sense. I don't feel the OFSC AGM should be open to the public, crap there's fire codes for buildings, we need people to register so they can be accommodated, we also need to see people who actually are sledders .... to think it should be open and advertised to the public is absolutely absurd and counter productive.

Kinda funny you try and spin this the way you are .... since I was the guy who put a motion on the floor last year to make it more feasible for all clubs to have members attend, and at the same time encourage more to attend, so every club in the province can carry the voice of their permit buyers. I am also one of if not the largest voice out there about people needing to be involved and attending not only AGM but also club, association and district meetings ... if not come election times for clubs, associations, districts and provincial, there will only be an "old boys club" with no one to blame but those who are not willing to do anything other then criticize without fact.

Keep up the good work spreading your uneducated opinions about how you think clubs, associations, districts and the OFSC are run, it really makes people want to volunteer their time for others to enjoy the trails and become involved .....

I re-read it and don't see anything about me not wanting members to come in any way shape or forum.

Kinda funny you try and spin this the way you are .... since I was the guy who put a motion on the floor last year to make it more feasible for all clubs to have members attend, and at the same time encourage more to attend, so every club in the province can carry the voice of their permit buyers.

Hazus H. Christmas, Nutter; go back to the very first page of this thread:

The regular everyday permit purchasing club member may want to know where the AGM is being held. Why is it a secret?
Why should it be a public event, were trying to get a years worth of business done, not shake hands and kiss babys and listen to frivolous complaints from the ill informed ? Each club recieves a registration package and votes on who ther deligates and attendies are, for those who have a vested interest and are interested in attending they will know the what where when and why through their local club almost a year in advance. If a local clubs exec's are not sharing that info with their membership it's time for a change in that clubs exec.

You've been arguing against it for 4 pages. If you put this motion on the floor before why are you arguing against it?? If you didn't understand what we were all trying to propose in the last 4 pages it's ok to say that too. Why would you keep arguing against something you say you have proposed ????

Unwashed ?

bagsmilie.gif

This is a typical Nutter "Dip and Dive" answer. This thread is about the OFSC and that organization being as open and inviting as possible in order to engage more members.

This thread is not about what I have contributed to snowmobiling since I joined the Nobleton Snowmobile Club in 1971 and the Snowcrest Riders Club in 1972. If you want to question what I have contributed to Snowmobiling in the last 39 years then start another thread. If you want to know what I'm doing for the club these days then you can phone Sandi yourself. I sure as hell don't answer to you !

In the meantime, I agree with your previous post. I think the OFSC should encourage as many people as possible to participate and make it as easy as possible for as many members as possible to particpate. That's what I (and several others) have been saying since page one of this thread. Someone else has been vigorously arguing against that position including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, your statement above "You do know that anyone who buys a permit can walk in the day of business and listen, right ?" If that statement had been acknowledged several pages ago you probably would never had read the Bunny posting that keeping members away from OFSC information was illegal.

Thank you for posting what many of us here have espoused as the better way for the OFSC to flourish !

Hazus H. Christmas, Nutter; go back to the very first page of this thread:

The regular everyday permit purchasing club member may want to know where the AGM is being held. Why is it a secret?
Why should it be a public event, were trying to get a years worth of business done, not shake hands and kiss babys and listen to frivolous complaints from the ill informed ? Each club recieves a registration package and votes on who ther deligates and attendies are, for those who have a vested interest and are interested in attending they will know the what where when and why through their local club almost a year in advance. If a local clubs exec's are not sharing that info with their membership it's time for a change in that clubs exec.

You've been arguing against it for 4 pages. If you put this motion on the floor before why are you arguing against it?? If you didn't understand what we were all trying to propose in the last 4 pages it's ok to say that too. Why would you keep arguing against something you say you have proposed ????

Morning spinmaster ...

Never once do I say any permit buyer cannot or should not attend, my arguement is about why you or anyone would feel AGM and AGM info should be open to the general public, and as I understand it, you are saying AGM info should be open to the general public on the OFSC website so the public can attend if they wish without registering.

From the first page ....

Like I said guys, you already have close to or over 1000 under one roof trying to get business for the year done, voting on by-law and policy changes and budget ..ect and taking in seminars and workshops. With anymore where and how would you ever get anything done over the course of 2 days, and at what cost ? I'll add to that, that no one is ever refused entry to AGM, if they wish to go they have to get a registration form from their local club and their in (they may also be voted by their club membership top the clubs voting delegate), if they don't know there's an annual OFSC AGM and when and where it is, then it would be a given they have not even gone to a club meeting and it would be a gross waste of money along with their and everyone else's time for them to be there.

Presumably, one of the reasons the location changes, is to make it easier for 'locals' to participate.

Wouldn't it be nice for an OFSC member from Collingwood, Wasaga Beach, Meaford, etc. to click on the OFSC website and see a banner ad advertising that the OFSC AGM is in THEIR community. Perhaps a quick link to details about the event, etc.

Archived