OFSC AGM 2010 Who's Going from OC

The Groomer Guy

Cool. Thanks for doing so!

For quitting volunteering or bringing your proposal forward? Lol!!! Just kidding, I wish I could remember what your proposal was Skidooer.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OKAY - WHAT DID I MISS?? :dunno:

SSDF :rotflmao:  Just less brutal!

• 2 weeks later...

As I become more and more involved with my local club I also become more and more educated. Looking in from the outside one can always see opportunity for improvement. There isn't a single thing or situation anywhere that can not be improved upon. Observations/questions regarding the upcoming AGM.

I understand that there is a cost of getting the conference rooms for the sessions however I would like to ask why the cost structure is as high as it is and how the money is spent. If I recall the cost is $265.00 to attend the AGM for the 3 days.

- Not bad if you factor in meals but then I am told that the meals are all sponsored by the manufacturers so that cost is gone.

- $265.00 for the venue for three days. If there are perhaps 1000 in attendance "?" a little over a quarter million for the venue space. Don't forget this is off season and two of the three days are mid week. $88,333 per day for the venue space. That rents a lot of space.

I can't register for just the Saturday when I can make it so I am not eligible for the sponsored meals. I have been told however that some of those registered choose not to attend the last "gala" dinner on the Saturday night and are willing to SELL their tickets. Interesting concept... sell something that didn't cost you anything (sponsored meals) and if your attendance was paid for by your club do you pocket the money or return it to the club?

Is there financial reporting for the AGM made available to members or is this something that is kept secret?

As I become more and more involved with my local club I also become more and more educated. Looking in from the outside one can always see opportunity for improvement. There isn't a single thing or situation anywhere that can not be improved upon. Observations/questions regarding the upcoming AGM.

I understand that there is a cost of getting the conference rooms for the sessions however I would like to ask why the cost structure is as high as it is and how the money is spent. If I recall the cost is $265.00 to attend the AGM for the 3 days.

- Not bad if you factor in meals but then I am told that the meals are all sponsored by the manufacturers so that cost is gone.

- $265.00 for the venue for three days. If there are perhaps 1000 in attendance "?" a little over a quarter million for the venue space. Don't forget this is off season and two of the three days are mid week. $88,333 per day for the venue space. That rents a lot of space.

I can't register for just the Saturday when I can make it so I am not eligible for the sponsored meals. I have been told however that some of those registered choose not to attend the last "gala" dinner on the Saturday night and are willing to SELL their tickets. Interesting concept... sell something that didn't cost you anything (sponsored meals) and if your attendance was paid for by your club do you pocket the money or return it to the club?

Is there financial reporting for the AGM made available to members or is this something that is kept secret?

:right_on: ............ :ph34r:

post-21701-128442883615.jpg

As someone who has hosted an AGM as a sponsorship/trade show chair, I can tell you there is a lot more to it than a meal plan and venue space. Your sponsored meals theory isn't exactly correct on how it really works out. BTW for math purposes you would be hard pressed to have just over 400 paid attendees at the AGM. PM me if you have specific questions i might be able to answer.

Archived